[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do movies unashamedly steal ideas from video games now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: just not right.jpg (343KB, 768x877px) Image search: [Google]
just not right.jpg
343KB, 768x877px
Why do movies unashamedly steal ideas from video games now?
>>
>>80834060
How is it a rip off?
>>
>>80834060

>actually thinking this.

sigh op sigh
>>
>>80834060
>man driving car with little girl in it
>This is totally original and was invented by this shitty console game.

When you kill yourself think of this post and all the other posts where people told you to kill yourself.

Kill yourself.
>>
The Last of Us was just The Road with ebin zombie outbreak and Ellen Page
>>
>>80834060
Do you really think The Last of Us had the first old badass and little girl duo in all of fiction?
>>
File: thinking.png (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
9KB, 259x194px
>>80834750
>>80834704
>>80834662

the entire idea of a father-daughter relationship is ripped off.

That's why I could never really connect with Logan. Naughty Dog did it already and a lot better.
>>
File: 09.jpg (135KB, 384x433px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
135KB, 384x433px
Very original, OP
>>
>>80834060
>>80835365

I'd rather have media that borrows ideas from other media and makes it work on it's own terms rather than something that tries hamfistedly match source material even when it doesn't work and looks stupid. It's the difference between these two examples (where the derivative works inquestion are to be lauded for making concepts work on their own terms, in their own medium) as opposed to something like say, Snyder's Watchmen which was a frame-for-frame-recreating it's source material and worse off for it.
>>
>>80835494

...What?
>>
>>80834831
No they didnt. Last of us was shit.
>>
There are only so many angles that you can film two people sitting in a car and have both of their faces clearly visible.
>>
test
>>
File: 1442057792830s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1442057792830s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>mfw some video game playing subhuman uses one frame of a film and compares it against his fucking embarrassing beep boop VIDYA game and claims they are comparable

You are embarrassing yourself and me. Please stop
>>
TFW Terminator 2 also stole this shot from The Last of Us. Tut tut Hollywood, when will you learn?
>>
>>80834060
So when is Hugh going to do The Last of Us? We all know it's going to happen, but when?
>>
>>80834831
It's ripped off, but not from fucking Last of Us. Grow up, /v/.

Leon did it long before your shitty game, and I'm sure someone can dig up some other example from film or even theater or literature from before that.
>>
>>80834823
what are other examples?
>>
>>80836741
Leon.
>>
>>80836741
The road. Movie that was the inspiration for Logan.
>>
>>80836849
lol no, The Road was the inspiration for Last of Us, which is literally The Road with zombies and switching a son to a surrogate daughter to avoid copyright infringement.
>>
>>80836914
The director of Logan said that it was one of his inspirations before it was relerased.
>>
>>80834060
I came just to all the triggered /tv/ posters
>>
>>80834060
>father daughter relationship
>rip off

Literally one of the oldest fucking themes in existence.
>>
>>80836960
that doesn't matter.

AAA video games are nothing but partially digested and regurgitated movies
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.