[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /tv/ like Italian neorealism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: riso-amaro-1949.jpg (79KB, 510x656px) Image search: [Google]
riso-amaro-1949.jpg
79KB, 510x656px
Does /tv/ like Italian neorealism?
>>
>>80810602
no that movie sucked
>>
if there's cute girls in it like her then sure
>>
>>80810602
Nice pits
>>
>>80810602
giallo and westerns are the only good Italian film genre.
>>
>>80810602

Germany Year Zero barely gets any love anywhere.
>>
>>80810602
Yes, especially all the pit hair scenes. In general, European cinema all throughout the late 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s is great for that.
>>
File: 1478295195864.jpg (70KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478295195864.jpg
70KB, 540x720px
Rossellini a GOAT.
>>
They're shit, not a single superhero movie.
>>
>>80810602
that shit is gay
>>
File: monica_vitti.jpg (341KB, 677x950px) Image search: [Google]
monica_vitti.jpg
341KB, 677x950px
>>80810602

OF COURSH
>>
>>80810737
It's great but it is literally one of the most depressing things ever made.
>>
Yes bitter rice fight in the mud was hot. Visconti is great in general.
>>
File: bitter-rice-review.jpg (114KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
bitter-rice-review.jpg
114KB, 620x400px
>>80811385
>>
>tfw you'll never get a taste of prime Silvana Mangano tits
>>
>>80811363

Did the kid make the right decision?
>>
>>80810602
Very much so. Bicycle Theives, Umberto D and Rome Open City are great.
>>
>>80810602
Silvana Mangano was on another level.
>>
Dumb Italian whores all shave nowadays.
>>
I would love to suck her pits
>>
I don't like it all, Italian is especially good when it goes for the opposite, for operatic and poetic rather than naturalistic and realistic, with mundane social themes about muh suffering proles. I love the post-neoralism satirical cinema a lot though, the political films about corruption and institutions (Petri, Pontecorvo, Rosi), the populist comedies that depict lower-classes as just as scummy and mean-spirited as the powerful ones (Risi, Monicelli, Scola etc), all done with playful creative aesthetics and a sense of spectacle. Even in something like Mamma Rome, it only shines when it goes for the surreal and symbolic, like the tracking shot with her walking in the night or the visual parodies of religious paintings. I'm glad the Fellinis, Pasolinis and Viscontis moved away from these small social dramas to make more and more artistically crazy shit like Satyricon, Arabian Nights or The Damned, it's cut from the same cinematic cloth as genres like western (Leone) or giallo (Argento), with a full, ambitious use of the medium, and less obvious themes. Even DeSica made colorful comedies and melodramas afterwards. Only Rossellini remained a bore, dry and austere, without a clue.
>>
Paisa > Umberto D > Rest
>>
>>80812172
>Only Rossellini remained a bore, dry and austere, without a clue.
Wow, you couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>80811270
>They call me Jeeg
>>
I prefer the more surreal Italian stuff like 8 1/2 over the realism stuff.
>>
>>80810602
i don't like italian nothin'
>>
>>80812172
>or the visual parodies of religious paintings
Examples?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.