[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would someone shoot a man before throwing him into an acid barrel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 10-CloverfieldW-1024x683.jpg (239KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
10-CloverfieldW-1024x683.jpg
239KB, 1024x683px
Why would someone shoot a man before throwing him into an acid barrel?
>>
... why wouldn't you?

Do you want them splashing around?
>>
File: 1490166441240.jpg (34KB, 758x725px) Image search: [Google]
1490166441240.jpg
34KB, 758x725px
thoughts on her band Got A Girl?
>>
>>80810387
Is this movie worth watching?
>>
>>80810440
I dont know but id come inside
>>
>>80810440
makes frustrated chinks feel slightly better about themselves
>>
>>80810468
Oh yes. Be prepared to stop 20 mins in for a Mew fap though.
>>
>>80810468
just dont watch the ending
>>
thoughts on her upcoming shows?
>>
>you are now reminded of that one hand expression chick who looks exactly like MEW who sprays milk all over a mirror
>>
>>80810577
He shot him to kill him. The acid was just to dispose of the body. Kinda hard to live in a basement with a rotting corpse laying around.
>>
>>80810608
they got a kitchen down there
>>
File: download-3.jpg (61KB, 1024x441px) Image search: [Google]
download-3.jpg
61KB, 1024x441px
>>80810608
I find it quite odd that such a paranoid preperer like Howard only owned one handgun...
>>
>>80810545
>ywn kiss her warm arm pit skin
;__;
>>
>bunker has an aquaponics system
>with fucking goldfish in it

how is that going to help?
>>
>>80810973
fish poo fertilizer
>>
>>80810973
you get 3 wishes
>>
>>80810468

Yeah it's pretty good.
>>
>>80810973

Goldfish are algae eaters. They'll keep the water from going bad.
>>
>>80810468

just watch Misery, it's the same premise but about a thousand times more effective
>>
>>80811784

How is it like Misery?
>>
>>80810423
fpbp
>>
>>80810468
Yes, just saw it for the first time a couple days ago, it's streaming on either Netflix or Amazon, I forget. Didnt expect much but was really impressed by how tense and well controlled it is, the use of space too. It's a good movie.
>>
>>80811824

it works on the same level, except one is scarier, has better acting, and doesn't have forced DUDE ALIENZ LUHMAO that completely bankrupts the film of any artistic integrity
>>
>>80810423
This desu
>>
>>80810577
link please I beg of you
>>
>>80811927

The stories are nothing alike.
>>
>>80810387

He didn't melt so good.
>>
>>80810545
I hope she does good on Fargo, I really liked Braindead
>>
So how would John Goodman, with his heft, or even his worker guy, about whom it was said that he couldnt fit, ever fit into the vents to get to the air purifier thing? He planned for every contingency, but I don't see how he himself would be able to get to it.

Also when did he have surrogate daughter #1 who he murdered, w the earrings and stuff? Before the attack, just locked up in the bunker? The worker guy made it seem like he helped him build it and would have seen a suspicious girl, but maybe there were some months before?
>>
>>80811973

the stories are different but the tension is created the exact same way

>character is trapped with a mysterious benefactor who seems benign at first
>tension mounts as the benefactor is gradually revealed to be batshit crazy
>violent climax

Facts remain that Misery did it first and this movie doesn't do anything different or better beside add a foil and big FUCK YOU before it ends
>>
>>80810468
it's great up until the last 15 minutes
>>
>>80812207
>mysterious benefactor who seems benign at first
okay well that's wrong

>gradually revealed to be batshit crazy
that was not very gradual and was pretty much from the start

>violent climax
wow that's definitely exclusive to misery can't think of any other film that ever was like that!
>>
>>80812207

also, all those loose ends and unexplained plot holes, and that's before the le alienz reveal.

and MEW really isn't anything special of an actress

Goodman carries the fuck out of all of them and you know it, and as for the guy, he might as well have been Joker from Mass Effect and I wouldn't have even noticed. I really don't remember what the point of that character was besides setting himself up for his own death.

>>80812294

you literally proved my point by quoting everything I just said and adjusting them slightly to fit Cloverfield

Did you even watch Misery? Argument aside, you should really watch it and then rewatch Cloverfield, you'll get where I'm coming from as someone who has seen both.
>>
>>80812233
Fuck you, the ending was amazing
>>
>>80810533
I actually watched it on a plane and we landed just before the movie went full retard. It was actually perfect. Last thing I saw was her discovering that the air was fine
>>
>>80812068
the air purifier was accessible from above ground, dunno about the rest
>>
>>80812341
>>80812336
>>
File: power AIDS.jpg (31KB, 533x523px) Image search: [Google]
power AIDS.jpg
31KB, 533x523px
>>80812233
ending was great. only reddit users seem to hate it. so i guess you need to go back home kiddo.
>>
>>80812351
It's really not.
I'm fine with the idea of aliens showing up at the end, but it was handled extremely poorly. It was like trying to cram 90 minutes of alien action into the last 10 minutes. Suddenly she's getting attacked by this thing on the ground, then the flying one spews poison all over, then it picks her up and she has to Molotov it in the mouth. But the worst thing is the very end, when she hears on the radio that she can either go to point A for safety or point B to try to help people, and then she sees a sign which says go straight for point A and turn left for point B. Of course, she turns because she learned a lesson from the film. It's just the more hamfisted ending I've ever seen.
>>
>>80810468
No.
>>
>>80812341
how the fuck do you see goodman's character as benign at first? if anything it's the opposite
>>
>>80812597
Its not really hamfisted. It made perfect sense if you knew anything about film and weren't a complete fucltard going into the movie. I would have been more confused if they didnt end the movie like that. Most complaints people have are waaaah I didnt know it was an alien attack even though it was apparent the whole time
>>
File: 1400420292170.jpg (53KB, 653x721px) Image search: [Google]
1400420292170.jpg
53KB, 653x721px
>>80813046
>even though it was apparent the whole time
but it wasn't
>>
>>80811763
>Goldfish are algae eaters
They''ll eat literally anything they can fit in their mouth and nitrogen rich fish shit comes out the other end.
>>
>>80812955

dude why are you still carrying this argument on when you haven't even seen Misery

everything I'm talking about is comparing the two movies, one as inferior to the other

begone, cretin
>>
>>80813253
I have seen it
>>
>>80810387
You got to pay the swole toll to get into this girls whole
>>
>>80813115
> called cloverfield
>talks about possible invasion
>hints to aliens the whole time

Like i said if you arent a complete fucktard you saw the ending a mile away. I waited for this movie since I think we're alone now trailer. I saw it in theaters and loved.it. Sorry your only complaint to a good movie is "waaaah its noy what i predicted"
>>
>>80812955
>>80813253
Yes Goodman at the very start seems unhinged, however it's explained away as him just being a quirky doomsday prepper who was right. Then he seems to be a good guy and they all get along. Then you find out he's batshit crazy with his daughter lie and having kidnapped the other chick or whatever.

I can see both points, to compare them entirely doesn't hold up great however I agree both movies are definitely come from the same vein.
>>
>>80813531
I don't mind that aliens were revealed at the end, and I certainly knew it was a strong possibility given the title, but it was by no means a certainty and one of the things the film does well is planting doubt about what is going on. My problem with the ending is how the aliens were revealed in such a cheap and ham-fisted way, with no attempt at being subtle or clever. It was almost like it was suddenly taken over by a new team of writers and turned into a B-movie at the last 15 minutes.
>>
>>80813838
Something something script change
Something something writers change
Something something jew jew abrhams took the orginal project and slapped cloverfield and aliena in it
>>
post a pic of her without the poop coloured eyes please
>>
>>80813971
What?
>>
Does anyone else have sexual fantasies about this move?

I would have been so happy when that other guy died. I just want to be a daughter in a comfy bomb shelter. Though I can't tell if the movie ever implied Goodman fucked his daughter(s), otherwise it might get boring.
>>
>>80812597
Yeah I totally agree, there was absolutely no need to see her fight an Alien.

It would have just been better to see her drive away and then Flash to a giant onimous monster.

But I guess if they had just done that they would have pissed off people who expected another Cloverfield.
>>
Is MEW the greatest star of this century?
>>
>>80810387
Have you ever tried to drown someone? From personal experience they don't just sit there and drown, they fight and struggle. If you shoot him first there's no struggle.
>>
>>80816065
Why would you drown someone before throwing them into a barrel of acid
>>
>>80810387
>AM I NOT MERCIFUL!
>>
>>80816142
Same reason you'd baste a Turkey.
>>
>>80810423
OP btfo
>>
why did he kill him anyways
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.