[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally found the time to watch this. What did /tv/ think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: silence_lead.jpg (194KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
silence_lead.jpg
194KB, 825x464px
Finally found the time to watch this. What did /tv/ think of it?
>>
Better than any other of the Oscar noms this year. WOWS getting more attention than this just shows how the industry has degraded.
>>
Overlong considering how simplistic its themes are and how repetitive the moral dilemmas raised ad nauseam are. Adam Driver was miscast and was not convincing.
>>
Not enough diversity. Its white men savior trope is so problematic.
>>
Best film of the year along with Colonia
>>
>>80797605
this
>>80797725
niggers cant into christianity
>>
>>80797745
>along with Colonia
stop trolling mang.
>>
>>80797247
I felt it had a priest that thought he was supposed to be like Jesus, much like Peter said he would never deny that he was a disciple. Same with Ichijiro or whatever his name was, he appeared to be like a Judas, but he never lost hope and always asked for forgiveness in the end, like Peter. I don't think it's endorsing apostasy as much as it is endorsing forgiveness.
>>
Much better than every other Scorsese movie since Taxi Driver.
>>
>>80797725
Isn't the point of the film to show the white missionaries were failures in Japan and didn't save anyone, but ended up being responsible for the deaths of thousands of Japanese peasants.
>>
File: 001838_26.jpg (7KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
001838_26.jpg
7KB, 320x240px
>>80798187
>missionaries ordered the killing of converts
>>
>>80798187
The bad guy in the film is clearly the Japanese government. The priests are only showed helping people, they didn't show the Christian rebellions in the film. In the end, the priest saved those peasants by sacrifying his belief.
>>
>>80798277
the whole situation was caused by the Catholic church proselytising foreigners on the other side of the world
>>
>>80798277
>having "bad guys" in film
Remove this man from the premises.
>>
>>80798187
Did you even watch the film?
>>
Do screeners sometimes have unfinished visual effects?

I remember the rolling head in the decapitation scene looking really, really fake but it might have just been the overall poor quality of the rip.
>>
I tried watching and ended up shutting it off because of Andrew Garfield. Accent sounded really awkward. I think I just wasnt in the right mood, but I plan on watching it eventually. Just gotta get through Garfields shit accent and strange beard.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.