[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

I've just watched this film again. I think it's the best film I've ever seen in terms of enjoyment, yes it's left ambiguous but that's all part of the charm.

Great film what are your thoughts /tv/

I have seen lots of breakdowns of the film online the various dream level explained in depth but nothing much about the idea they plant. Anyone want to discuss that? What they do on each level in order to plant the seed etc.
>>
>>80793320
I only watched it recently (like a week ago), and I can confirm. Great movie.
>>
>>80793320
It's left ambiguous because it doesn't matter is it a dream or reality, Cobb doesn't even look at his totem he just goes straight to his kids because he wants to be with them no matter is it real or not.

Also lmao best ever
>>
>>80793320
it's a great film but you are asking for shitposting from /tv/

film gives me some good vibes, especially after they wake up on the plane, sound track is goat
>>
It ripped off paprika, and is comprised of meme actors.
Shit film.
>>
I know I'm not supposed to like it but I still think the soundtrack is among the absolute best by Zimmer. The movie itself has stunning visuals and a decent plot
>>
I wish there was more ambigious shit that made you think but I imagine the average pleb can't handle it

I don't mean artsy fartsy too deep 4 u shit I mean more open to interpretation stuff
>>
>>80793320
The point of questioning if it's real is that Nolan performed inception on the audience. Now you know how the wife was slowly driven mad.
>>
>>80793320
It isn't left ambiguous though. It wobbles at the end, which guarantees that the spinning will stop
>>
it wasn't his totem and it was leo being inceptioned into believing he was awake by his own subconscious projections. his wife kept coming back in to his dreams to try and wake him up.
>>
File: IMG_0785.jpg (31KB, 149x144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0785.jpg
31KB, 149x144px
>>80793320
>I think it's the best film I've ever seen in terms of enjoyment

I too enjoy movies that are nothing but hours of exposition.
>>
>>80794312
Helllooooo Reddit
>>
I never understood why this movie got such a reputation for being a mind-fuck.

Honestly, do the people who were confused by the dream-sequences have trouble comprehending sequences that happen in multiple rooms? I just honestly don't see how this movie was hard to comprehend in any way.

And sure, it had an ambiguous ending, but that felt incredibly stapled on. There was no depth to the significance of the interpretation of the final ambiguous scene.

Was it a dream, wasn't it a dream - who gives a shit. It doesn't make the meaning of the movie any more or less significant either way. Pointless.

As an action movie/thriller it was very entertaining though.
>>
>>80793472
It's nothing like Paprika. I'd have been ok if it had climaxed with a giant naked Ellen Page though
>>
>>80793320
It's unironically my favourite Nolan film.
>>
File: IHateNolan.jpg (110KB, 325x401px) Image search: [Google]
IHateNolan.jpg
110KB, 325x401px
>>80794381
This, Nolan's a hack!

>>80793320
No, the fucking ending isn't ambiguous, since Nolan himself explained it and settled it for good.
>>
>>80793625
>I know I'm not supposed to like it
/tv/ in a nutshell
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.