[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the aliens know past, present and future, how did they not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: arrival.jpg (117KB, 910x830px) Image search: [Google]
arrival.jpg
117KB, 910x830px
If the aliens know past, present and future, how did they not already have a plan in place to keep the bomb from going off?
>>
>>80792796
They experience the past, present and the future at the same time, that's why it's non linear, there is no "time".

It's not like they view a youtube video of their past/future and then continue on with their life.
>>
>>80792796
Post more Prime Amy
>>
>>80792827
They can still plan though.

That's why they're able to build ships and tell humans they'll need their help in the future.
>>
>>80792936
It's not like there was an alternative timeline of events so they "planned" what to do instead.

All decisions are interconnected and dependent on each other.
For example, you wouldn't say Louise "planned" to call the chinese general and tell him his wife's dying words, that happened at the same "time" as she was receiving the words at the fancy party in the future.
>>
>>80793614
This guy gets it.
>>
>>80793614
i don't get it, your talking gibberish
>>
>>80792936
> we need your help in the future even though we already know if you are going to help us or not
>>
If they can see 3,000 years into the future, you would think they'd be able to prevent whatever catastrophe needs preventing long before then.
>>
>>80795203

>I don't understand so therefore you must be wrong

Maybe you should just stick to the comic book movies m8
>>
>>80795428
they are able to prevent it, and they probably already did by doing what they did in the movie
>>
Abbott was the real hero of the movie.
>>
>>80792796
Nobody thinks about or cares about this lifeless hamfisted crap. Cartoons have beter endings.
>>
>>80795449
>falling for obvious bait

looks like you're not so smart after all
>>
>>80795609
>"nobody thinks or cares about this"
>multiple daily Arrival threads with +100 posts

sure thing buddy
>>
>>80795203
>>
>>80792796

Entire thing is a shitty paradox. They need the humans because they know they need the humans, and instead of specifically contacting her/chinaman they play this long game of waiting. She KNOWS her kid is going to die, but doesn't do anything to alter that. Either because it's a deterministic world or because she's an asshole. I don't think it's deterministic because the aliens first had to go 'oh wait, we need to contact this specific species at this specific time' which implies a 'beginning' to the paradox, thus non-deterministic. Still doesn't explain the MC - Chinaman interaction, she has to leap forward to a party that he whispers the phase into her ear, but why then? Why no leap 30 seconds ahead and hear you're own reply that you were going to say anyway? Why does the Chinaman re-whisper that all important phrase at that party? Is he 'in' on the conspiracy as well? It's jsut strange that at this party he'd walk up to her and be all 'hey "this phrase again"'', because she should ALREADY KNOW IT.
>>
>>80796811
It's pretty clear that it's a deterministic narrative, I don't see why would you think anything else.

Here's an excerpt from an interview with Villeneuve to maybe clear things up for you:
>"The idea is that the heptapods see life like a [scripted] play. They know what will happen, so they have the choice — either they do it bored to death, or they embrace it and try to be at their best, like an actor on a stage."
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.