[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever try to do stand up? How did it go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 3245236257.jpg (45KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
3245236257.jpg
45KB, 375x281px
Anyone here ever try to do stand up? How did it go?
>>
Tried it in 2010 at an OMN. Got booed off the stage during my first joke. I didn't even get to finish it. This was in San Francisco. It wasn't even a bad joke. It was about how certain cultures have no true human feelings and eat dogs. I didn't even specify.
>>
non ironic forms of stand up is a truly inferior version of comedy

I understand that it is very difficult but I don't understand why some people think it's the pinnacle of comedy. Especially when hacks like Rogan are famous for it.

Some stand up is ok though.
>>
Hey guys thanks for comin out... the stains in my underwear are making my wife suspicious!

*silence*

uh.... so you guys ever be driving and some ni...uhhhh some black people drive up next to you and their bass is turned real high? Doesn't it feel like you're inside a whale's heart? How do they even converse with each other? What if one of them has to pee?

(I didn't mean to say niggers but it almost slipped out, and the rest of my jokes which were supposed to be funny racist came out as racist racist. Never again.)
>>
I go to OMNs and tell Mitch Herberg jokes in a Rodney Dangerfield voice.
>>
>>80785863
If you were is San Francisco you should have you should've dressed in drag and pretended to be Amy Schumer and talked about dicks and your favorite type and flvaor of dick.
You would have been a rising star of comedy by the next morning.
>>
>>80786027
Hey chief, ever think you might actually BE a racist huh?
>>
>>80786080

yeah but funny racist, not racist racist. the distinction is important. at least i can laugh about it.
>>
>>80786027

If real this is hilarious and what i would expect from /tv/
>>
>>80786129
You know who wasn't laughing? Your audience racist racist
>>
>>80786162
uh oh left wing comedy police detected
>>
>>80786162
Thou doth thus
>>
>>80785802
Its a safe bet a good number of posters here have a hard time just standing up
>>
>>80786184
If the cuffs fit don rickles
>>
>>80785802
>>80785802

I did improvised comedy for four years. If you have the balls to be booed by a crowd of 40-150 people for about a year, chances are you're going to hit your stride come year 2. Of course, you also have to understand what it is that makes something funny, and then deliver that in a fresh and original manner. Most people aren't capable of originality.
>>
>>80786213
Oww my legs
>>
>>80785863
>OMN

was this at Brainwash?

lived there at 7th and Folsom and would always shake my head while getting my food or doing my laundry
>>
I cant even get up in front of class to do a 5 minute presentation theres no way in hell
>>
Did open mike night last year.
My joke that got the most laughs how funny it was that a conservative manly hunting store like Cabelas has a fudge packing department.
>>
File: Screenshot (170).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (170).png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>80786335
This joke is mine now.
>>
>>80786027
>Hey guys thanks for comin out... the stains in my underwear are making my wife suspicious!
I like to think of a sixteen-year-old delivering this in a murmuring voice wearing an ill-fitting suit
>>
>>80785802

Once, went alright, but everyone was drunk as shit so it was probably awful.
>>
>>80785884
>non ironic forms of stand up is a truly inferior version of comedy
in English, doc
>>
I get nervous making phone calls. Id have a stroke if i went on stage.
>>
>>80787191
>I get nervous making phone calls
I do to, but once I actually start talking it fades away almost immediately
Anxiety's a bitch
>>
>>80785802
I've done it twice at open mics in the past two months. I got a great response both times but I was hella fucking nervous. First time, I ended being a Hedburg and averting my gaze with the audience just getting through my shit. Second time was a little better tried to engage the audience more and I even made up a joke on the spot.

I got complimented after my set at the bar by a couple of working comedians who said I had pretty unique material so that was a great confidence boost. Still it is a very nerve wracking experience getting up there.
>>
>>80787443
>unique material
Like how? I'm curious.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.