[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Into the Wild (2007)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Into-the-wild.jpg (33KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
Into-the-wild.jpg
33KB, 300x442px
>I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once. To find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions. Facing the blind deaf stone alone, with nothing to help you but your hands and your own head.

What does /tv/ think of Into the Wild? Do you respect or deride Christopher McCandless's adventurous spirit and grand ideals?
>>
>>80785154
not really he gone done fucked up
>>
>>80785154

He's a retard that should not be glorified.
>>
>>80785154
He wasn't prepared but at least he had no regrets
>>
>>80785154
living pampered for 20 years then diving in head first thinking education means intelligence, if he didnt know his limits by then he never was gonna
>>
File: Blacked.jpg (23KB, 301x373px) Image search: [Google]
Blacked.jpg
23KB, 301x373px
>>80785154
No. He was a faggot and Sean Penn is an even bigger faggot for making a movie about this cuck. Movie is good for a laugh when you're drunk or bored though.
>>
>>80785590
Pedophile.
>>
>>80785575
>at least he had no regrets
>>
File: autism.jpg (37KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
37KB, 446x357px
>>80785611
>Someone has autism.
>>
>>80785977
why dont you make me
>>
>>80785803
That doesn't imply regret in the slightest
>>
File: tips hat.jpg (77KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
tips hat.jpg
77KB, 480x640px
>>80786104
>>
>>80786104
>Being this new
>>
>>80786172
Yeah, I'm sure he didn't regret being a novice outdoorsman while dying of starvation.
>>
What I got out of it was that, Yeah, you can run away from it all, live out bush and be care free, but at the end of the day, Family is what it is all about, being around the ones you care about, despite how fucked the world is, the whole work to live cycle, media bullshit and the government control crap... family is our one last piece of humanity they cannot take from us ever...
>>
This movie is really good and inspiring... if you're 16.
>>
>>80787778
What I got was this was whiny pampered kid who thought his predetermined life of upper middle class success was shitty and decided that dying in a bus in alaska due to his arrogance at thinking he could survive was a better alternative to that cushy lifestyle. The sad thing is anyone who has watched a few episodes of Man Vs. Wild and remembers what was in the show would be better equipped to handle the wilderness and would probably have survived.
>>
>>80787866

this
>>
>>80787866
>>80788012
*doffs trilby*
>>
>>80785154
No, I think his journey is important and it really showed that he, even thinking of himself as antisocial and outside the normal rules of communities, can actually fit in any group and at any point he could just say "hey I guess I want to live this life", he kept thinking of a dream that he idealized and was actually sorry for being wrong.

In the end, as Dr. Zhivago reads, happines can only be true when shared, something he realized when he was completely alone.

He's an idiot, who died out of his own spite.
>>
this film was surprisingly even handed.
it portrayed him as a likeable but flawed kid who fucked up and kept running away from meaningful relationships. it showed the positives and downfalls of his actions, the fun times he had and meaningful bonds he forged and the ultimate emptiness of constantly trying to escape from society, ending in a lonely pointless death
>>
>>80785566
This.
>>
>>80788363
I had never even heard of this guy and within 10 minutes of the film I concluded he was mentally ill, schizophrenia my guess was.
I didn't even know it was a true story.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.