[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here seen this and, if so, what are your thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 23982323.jpg (512KB, 1020x1444px) Image search: [Google]
23982323.jpg
512KB, 1020x1444px
Has anyone here seen this and, if so, what are your thoughts?
>>
File: gamera.jpg (232KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gamera.jpg
232KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>80782556
It's a good film, great even, but I disagree with the notion that it's the best of the trilogy. I feel it takes on so much that some things like he gamera graveyard and asakura and kurata's whole cult thing feel unresolved and underdeveloped

I prefer 1 and 2, but it's not bad at all. I get that the point of this is that "we are supposed to believe he'll win" and that's the resolve but I would've liked to seen a true finale fight

Also Nagamine is fucking hot
>>
>>80783072
The cult thing could have been dropped and the romantic subplot probably should have been cut too. A fair amount of time is devoted to it and ultimately it goes nowhere.

You might have an argument with Guardian of the Universe. Though I definitely think it's stronger than Advent of Legion.
>>
2 was the best in the trilogy
>>
>>80783434
A lot of people really give legion a hard shake, which I guess from a certain point of view is understandable as with 70% a different cast it's the odd one out, but I really feel it did the whole "humanity vs alien/monster life forms" angle really well. The whole legion in the subway and then evolving felt like an improved version of what i felt Toho tried to do with destoroyah, but this time I feel they really gave it room to work the best way.

Plus I feel that because of the limited chi legion ages the best spfx wise, not to say that irys doesn't have great moments and is consistently good in that regard, but I feel the practical stuff in legion really holds well
>>
>>80783577
Just didn't think the characters in Legion were as compelling as casts of the other two films. Though Legion might have the best effects. There are a few sore spots in Guardian and the CGI looks rough at times in Iris.

And almost everything in the Heisei Gamera Trilogy was an improvement over what Toho had done in the Heisei Godzilla Era. The only effort that compares is Godzilla vs Biollante.
>>
>>80783719
I agree on the casting point, it would've made for a bit of a better flow if nagamine or even the captain love interest from 1 played some role in 2 to some supporting capacity

Where I think the gamera films in that era had the edge over Godzilla was in time and in direction. I mean, looking at the budgets gamera 1 cost quite a bit less than destoroyah, and even in that film when gyaos and gamera fought hand to hand it still looked kinda shoddy, but it was in the fact that they directed the action in a way that was more dynamic and really showed off how well things were scaled and detailed and shot in a way that made monsters actually look big, that's what really made that and the rest of the trilogy's effects really special
>>
>>80783894
Yeah. Kaneko and Higuchi were creative in direction. Toho films from the same period just felt so lazy and cheap in comparison.
>>
File: little braves.jpg (142KB, 781x1120px) Image search: [Google]
little braves.jpg
142KB, 781x1120px
Severely underrated. Best Gamera film. Perfect blend between the Showa and Heisei films.
>>
>>80784167
Zedus was based

The girl grew up to be hot
>>
>>80785434
Which reminds me that it has been over a decade since the last film. About time to get another.
>>
>>80786097
>that "teaser" is over a year old
Fuck, Godzilla will have 2 on going series and an anime movie, Kong got his share in the series, gamera is still in the dark
>>
>>80786156
Hope legendary can get the rights.
>>
>still no word on Gamera 2016

It's dead huh?
>>
When does the blu ray of Shin Godzilla releasing in Japan, and how soon after can we expect it subbed online? I know it's releasing in the next couple of days, but not specifically when.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.