[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Bo Burnham?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: bo.jpg (138KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bo.jpg
138KB, 1500x1000px
Thoughts on Bo Burnham?
>>
Annoying closeted homo that resorted to emotional ploys so people will like him and think he's intelligent
>>
>>80781229
He's funny
>>
>>80781413
manlet detected
>>
>>80781229

He's pretty funny. Not as "smart" and "deep" as normies say he is but more creative and clever. But his fandom is definitely not smart enough for him. Also I want him to fuck the shit out of me.
>>
He owes me a dollar. Also he's a fag.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYy0o-J0x20

Is this one of the best sendoffs?
>>
>>80781539

>He owes me a dollar

Elaborate.
>>
he's a shitty comedian who tricks dumb people into thinking their smart
>>
File: 1446177180899.jpg (82KB, 656x352px) Image search: [Google]
1446177180899.jpg
82KB, 656x352px
>>80781229

He's a taco nigger. Not even joking.
>>
Words words words was good, make happy was to pretentious though.
>>
File: 1447876958927.jpg (332KB, 2000x2724px) Image search: [Google]
1447876958927.jpg
332KB, 2000x2724px
>>80781229

I think he's a smart and witty young man that has more talent than 99.9999999% of people on /tv/, so you're not going to get very many genuine responses. His songs aren't ground breaking, but they're fun and his word play is witty.

Also I used to watch his video in like 2006 when his videos had like 1,000 views high off my ass and laugh my dick off. Good times.
>>
I liked his MTV show
>>
I liked him when he did youtube videos. Then he had a standup special and it was garbage. Havent liked him since, but im glad hes having success.
>>
what. is one of the best comedy specials out here
>>
>>80781229

An existential crisis in slow motion.
>>
>white rap comedy
>>
Not worth the hate or praise he gets. Had fun watching his youtube videos back in the day tho and it's cool to see real success come out of "youtuber" talent.

Zach Stone is Gonna Be Famous was really good too.
>>
>>80781531
smarter and deeper than usual parody musicians though
>>
>>80781894
This.

Words was probably the only thing he's done that I liked, mainly because it was mildly amusing.
a few guys I used to hang around with basically worshipped the ground he stood on though which I never got if I'm honest, they went to every show he did in the UK and met him after every gig asif he wanted to keep running into his stalkers on a weekly basis.

I remember one of them telling me he got pissed off one time 'cause Bo acted like he hadn't met them 12 times already that year and tried to get out of the situation and away from them as fast as he could kek.
>>
Funny and smart, but almost annoyingly so. Like he tries too hard.
>>
>>80781795
So is Louis CK. Spaniards literally look white, and Mexican's are just Spaniards mixed with Native Americans.
>>
LE IM SOOOO DEPRESSED WITH ALL THIS MONEY AND FAME POOR MEEE
>>
He's alright as a comedian, at the very least unique.

Not a huge fan of his social commentary but it seems important to him and it's cool that he makes his performances his own. Some of his jokes are kind of immature and drag on for too long but overall he does some great songs
>>
>>80782440
He's depressed because he was such a child prodigy but hasn't managed to break much new ground as an adult. Also he probably does too many drugs.
>>
>>80781229
I've never heard his stand up but I hate him for this gay ass picture
>>
Poverty Tim Minchin
>>
File: 8.jpg (68KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
68KB, 509x755px
>>80781229
I really hate his comedy, but he directed this other guy's special, and I thought the direction was actually really fantastic.
>>
He is so fucking neurotic it is exhausting but I still enjoy his stuff immensely.
>>
>>80781963
I know what you're talking about
>>
I used to really like him but I haven't watched anything from him in years.
>>
Anyone hear the interview of him ripping Colbert and Fallon? That was pretty cool
>>
Musical comedy is the herpes of stand up.
>>
The only thing worse than Bo Burnham are the """people""" who think he's funny.
>>
File: 1711.jpg?ver=8.jpg (438KB, 2248x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1711.jpg?ver=8.jpg
438KB, 2248x3000px
Zach Stone was pretty good.
>>
I'm really starting to like comedy/music fusion performances.

If you like Bo you should check out Tim Minchin.
>>
>>80781894
>Words words words was good
Oh Bo has no right being so catchy
>>
>>80781229
exactly who
>>
>musical comedy
>good
>>
>>80781229

I enjoyed Zach Stone.
>>
>>80784141
>>80784159

Kill yourself.
>>
>>80782427
louis ck is a hungarian jew
>>
File: 1475764766784.jpg (87KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475764766784.jpg
87KB, 702x1024px
>comedy music
>standup where they try to get deep/ponderous/confessional
>>
Oh Bo is an amusing song. He's okay. Reddit normie stuff but he's ok.
>>
>>80781229
Woke af.
>>
i went to high school with him and graduated the same year

it was an all guys jesuit high school lol

glad he's still doing well but stopped following him after his youtube videos
>>
Tonight I just drove by the high school we both used to go to. Though he went a bit later.
>>
>>80783969
Consider me interested in this. Link?
>>
me and him went to the same high school. Swell guy.
>>
>>80786030
>>80786143
i am >>80785880 and there's no way you guys are not just meme'ing
>>
>>80781413
lol Bo be quiet
>>
>>80781229
Some of his jokes seem alright, but his personality is deeply repugnant and offputting to me. He oozes self-pity and morbidity in that Woody Allen kind of way.
>>
Really witty. I kind of get mad when i see shit go over the audiences heads.

But reddit likes him, so i must stand my ground and pretend to hate him.
I dont blame him, i have anxiety so i cant imagine the stress of going from youtube videos to specials on netflix and feeling like you have to please millions of people
>>
>>80781229
He is at his strongest desu when it comes to doing material about fame, people's hunger/obsession with it and the way hollywood distorts/manipulates its own and others to keep everyone buying into it.

Zach Stone was a GOOD show and i'm actually sad it didn't get continued.

His standup dips into "oh look how deep and sad the world is and how ambivilant we all are about everything" prentious le reddit humour. He'll even reference his "privilege" to shield himslef from critique and palm it off as more "deep" self loathing when actually it's nothing more than lazy boi whining.

Overall though he's clever and has crafted some very hilarious jokes. He's a good lad.
>>
>>80781229
Witty, intelligent guy. Not my style, but you have to admit he's pretty talented.

The main thing I dislike about him is that he exudes that 2009/2010 late-era emo high school aesthetic.
>>
>>80781531
>Also I want him to fuck the shit out of me.
faggot
>>
>>80781229
>HEY BO, GUESS WHAT?
>>
>>80781570
god tier camera work and lighting
>>
Reddit cuckery fedora parade. Give it lights and music so you can eat, fucking faggots
>>
I'm jealous, but I project my hate towards myself and not towards him.
Objectively it's a really entertaining performance.
>>
>>80781229
fuck off bo
>>
>>80788473
What?
>>
>>80790375
>I can only express my opinions through stringing together near-meaningless buzzwords
>>
It's like Reddit and Tumblr came together to make a comedian from scratch and he was the result
>>
I don't get all the hate desu

>lmao, he's like reddit incarnate, kys OP

Yeah, but only in a hipster sense. He has some annoying shit, and some decent stuff as well. It's not as if I expected this hellhole of a board to look past some negatives but holy shit.

>inb4 a bunch of shit opinions that don't offer what they consider a decent alternative

The country parody, repeat stuff, and kill yourself all stood out to me as above par.

Shit like left/right brain and that kanye bit were awful though.

On the whole, his le meta and obsession with self awareness was something I hadn't seen before so fuck me if I like a little shakeup now and then I guess
>>
>>80781229
His early youtube stuff was great. His Comedy Central Presents and Words Words Words were good. Newer stuff is VERY hit or miss. Plus he is an SJW turbo autist.
>>
>>80781572
>their
>not they're

dumb and illiterate donkey detected
>>
>>80781229

stopped watching him when he stopped being handsome
>>
I went to high school with him and he sucked my dick one time
>>
Disgusting lanklet
>>
>>80782003
>this

"I grew up privileged, I got lucky, AND im unhappy"
>>
>>80792856

you are soooooo lucky
>>
I never really found him that funny. I watched his latest standup and didn't laugh once. And I'm not even /pol/
>>
>>80781229
DUDE EXISTENTIALISM LMAO
>>
>>80793590
his latest one sucked, but I enjoyed his first special years ago. he just seems sad now
>>
>>80781229

Isn't this the guy who's integrated the rape whistle into his standup along with the piano?
>>
>>80783650
>>80784141

fuck you! tim minchin is apocalyptically ugly!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>
>>80792312
Kill Yourself is fucking comedy kino
>>
>>80781229
Good performer bad comedian.
>>
I fucking hate him. Someone showed me that 'joke' he did where he 'played the wrong track by accident' then 'oh no I was just pretending to be retarded and I totally fooled you guys'. Can't stand him at all.
>>
>>80784127
underrated show desu
>>
>>80795128
What are you implying? That it wasn't an accident?
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.