[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 262
Thread images: 33

Is it really as bad as critics are making it out to be? I thought it started out good but got a little slow in the middle, what do you guys think
>>
Better than Niggerman and Whorewoman desu senpai.
>>
File: IF.jpg (193KB, 935x852px) Image search: [Google]
IF.jpg
193KB, 935x852px
>>80774178
People literally only hate it because the hero is white.

Tell your white friends/family to watch it and support Marvel/Disney unless they're self-race-hating faggots.
>>
>>80774178
>Is it really as bad as critics are making it out to be?

What critic? A couple of retarded feminists and some white guy crying about asian cultrual appropriation?

lol

Those aren't critics son.
>>
>>80774178
I was dissapointed over the fact Gao never fought but then i remembered how bad the choreography was!
>>
>>80774247

Doesn't matter what race the characters are... the series is probably the best writing between the 4 marvel netflix shows.
>>
I genuinely really liked it, but I know fuck all about the comics. I can't tell if that's the reason people are shitting on it, but to me it seems solid apart from the odd bit of dodgy CGI or fight choreography here and there. And do mean "the odd bit", there were only a handful of times it stood out to me, but when it does it's pretty bad.

I liked it more than Luke Cage and JJ (Kilgrave scenes notwithstanding).
>>
I was very critical while watching it and, found that I liked it more than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. That said it starts slow, the lead needs to bulk the fuck up, and their needs to be more mystism and kung fu action!

I hope they fix all those issues by defenders/the next season.

Also Claire was forced and awful, the no kill thing was bullshit.
>>
>>80774214
Eat me
>>
why'd they make the protagonist a manlet with a girl's body?
>>
It started out good, and had potential, but went downhill rather quickly. The whole shadow organization plot is cliche and played out. The Hand is just utterly uninteresting, as Kun Lun was never even really explained, or shown to be "good guys" for that matter, so why would we care if an organization is out to destroy them, there's literally no stakes for the viewer.

They should have kept it a lot simpler, keep Harold as the antagonist, and simply allude to The Hand to set up The Defenders.
>>
Colleen is literally the best marvel qt
>>
>>80774323
Yes, that's what I said. People only hate it because the hero is white and no other reason. Remember to tell everyone you know about the excellent writing and stellar fight choreography.
>>
>>80774275
This. The only reason anyone would ever hate it is because they hate white people. They're racist against whites. WATCH IRON FIST ON NETFLIX TO SUPPORT WHITE BROTHERHOOD.
>>
>>80774178
That guy is such a bad actor.
>>
>>80774407
>I can't tell if that's the reason people are shitting on it

It's because white heroes drive libcuck SJWs insane. God forbid white people practicing good martial arts be the savior of mankind against the yellow shitskins with their shitty kung fu ching chong.
>>
File: Iron-Fist-Danny-Rand-feature[1].jpg (1MB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Fist-Danny-Rand-feature[1].jpg
1MB, 1800x900px
Is it just me or does this dude look a lot like Jake Lloyd? It was so distracting to me for some reason.
>>
>>80774709
You're not helping
>>
Horrible casting choice. I don't care if they cast a white guy, but they could have cast one that's a good actor.
>>
Yes, it's fucking bad. They only did 15 minutes of fight training per episode, for fucks sake. And it's written by the season 5 Dexter guy.

It's not surprising /tv/ likes it out of the principle that the mainstream hates it. Contrarian fuckheads.
>>
>>80774940
The fighting wasn't that bad
>>
The camera work for the fight scenes was garbage. Also I hate how these type of shows have to show to character to start off weak and gradually get stronger all the time. Danny is has gone through 15 years of seemingly constant and brutal combat training only to show up and struggle with random ass goons
>>
File: 56 cuts.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
56 cuts.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>the fighting wasnt that bad

what?

I want paid netflix shills to leave.
>>
I watched the first two episodes. It rides the line between bad to meh. The Ward actor is pretty bad, the two fight scenes sucked, and Danny is pretty inconsistent, shouldn't he be mature and calm like a Buddhist, and not insane. It's cheesy, but not tone fitting like Luke Cage, which I also didn't care for. Ward's dad is fun though.
>>
>Others hate it for political reasons
>4chan likes it because MUH MAGA

I watched the first episode, the effects are shockingly worse than Luke Cage effects, the characters are so cliche I don't even remember any names, the choreography for the fight scenes are laughably cheesy (like some guard is gonna knock out when some twink gently pushes him out of a door). This show sucks, I don't even wanna keep watching
>>
>>80775149
>t. white-hating """"""""""""""critic""""""""""""""
>>
File: 1382078002618.jpg (12KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1382078002618.jpg
12KB, 265x265px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKStvs5pXEg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZRjIiNzhM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px4zT-TrugY
>>
File: a frog.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
a frog.png
7KB, 420x420px
All the people I have met IRL who watch Marvel TV or movies are complete simpletons
>>
Btw iron fist has always been white I don't know why people are complaining about white washing
>>
>>80774178
Its shit. Total and utter shit.
>>
>>80775561
It's because they want to genocide whites.

Go out and support Iron Fist. Put up flyers and tell your friends.
>>
>>80775410
And yet they're not the one posting frogs on a Sierra Leonian diamond-polishing imageboard.
>>
yeah. its good. people are mad because he's white, big deal. if everyone is complaining about race shouldn't matter...then why does it? he's white in the comics. get over it.

Also he has to be white in this series because at first he looks homeless so everyone is a dick to him. if he was asian everyone would say it was a statement on racism and that would really take away from the focus of the show. Finished it in two days, it was good.
>>
>>80774178
I fucking loved it desu, and I only really get stuck heavy duty shows.

It's kinda like a parody at the same time as it's a serious show, it's like the perfect balance so it just barely tickles your cringe every now and then.

Like the entire concept, the guy can punch really hard yet there should be nothing stopping him from getting shot. He should be dead a long time ago from guns. It's like 10 times worse than being a super hero that's like a samurai with some shitty sword, at least with a sword you can reach and deflect bullets from behind, with just a strong fist this guy should be dead in the water.

Yet watching this guy punch walls and doors and shit is pretty cool, even if there's a cringy element to it.

Although in a way it's just a boring version of One Punch Man.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170322-090713.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170322-090713.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
White boi btfo
>>
>>80775180
Ward actor was literally the most entertaining to watch
>>
It's not great but it's the only Marvel show to get better as it progresses. It got crazy though.

I would've fired the showrunner and hired someone else, to do Oldboy with ninjas like the original comic was.
>>
>>80776218

yea i loved ward. i was pulling for him he had a bunch of internal struggles and shit. pretty cool thing he had going. the whole meachum thing was cool, just kind of sick of the hand shoving their cock down our throat for the defenders. That fucker at the end of dd season 2 was my favorite part of that whole storyline
>>
>>80776218
Again, I've only seen the first two episodes. But his delivery in a lot of scenes was really awkward compared to the other actors. Maybe I'll think differently at the end.
>>
>>80776381

it all makes sense at the end. youll like him
>>
Tell me why doesn't he wear the mask?
>>
>>80775020
yo kidding ? It was horribly coregraphed, the guy playing Iron Fist is a complete amateur and there were way too many cuts.

For a series centered on martial arts they dropped the ball.
>>
>>80776381
you'll like him if you stick with it,
>bad editing, good writing: the show
>>
>>80776662
why? when? think about it, theirs never a reason for him to, until he's at the point everyone who shouldn't know already does
>>
>>80776722

yeah the hand doesn't really have a identity anymore. but dd would get his ass beat by danny he doesn't want that problem
>>
>>80776684
>a complete amature
Maybe, maybe not how could you tell?
>horribly coregraphed
again how could you tell?
>way too many cuts
and this is the problem the edting was so fucking bad we don't know how those fights played out, maybe Finn is just fine, maybe those fights had amazing choreography, theirs no way to tell because their 56cuts every 36seconds
>>
>>80774178
Christ that numale looks like a queer, that hair's fucking awful.
>>
Why do they use katanas and the word sensei if they practice chinese martial arts?
>>
File: jessica-henwick.jpg (89KB, 825x817px) Image search: [Google]
jessica-henwick.jpg
89KB, 825x817px
>>80774178
Its not that bad, but the Marvel TV shows' flaws have definitely come to a head. Not to mention how plain boring it is. Saving grace is qt dojo lady
>>
>>80777215
only that jap chick uses a jap sword,
>why they use sensei
idk that was dumb, I could come up with an explanation like they only use it with Sensei's, jap karate teachers as a respect thing, but nah it was dumb they could've just said master or the chinese equivalent if they wanted to show respect
>>
>>80774247
People only hate it because it's a bad show. It's a shame how bad it was compared to the previous 3 good shows from netflix. Race doesn't matter at all.
>>
File: 1488545721043.jpg (88KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1488545721043.jpg
88KB, 750x1334px
>>80774178
>Is it really as bad as critics are making it out to be

Yes.

but people here are willing to defend its mediocrity just because the sjws are hating on it.
>>
>>80774818
I think he looks Like Chris Pratt, actually. Like a slimmer brother or something.
>>
>>80777429
>the previous 3 good shows
ok nigger, what about LC and JJ was 'good', come on I'll wait
>>
>>80777137
Because I've watched martial arts films both good and bad for over 20 years. It's clear that the editing, choreography, and fighters in this show are sub-par. It's slow, choppy, and doesn't have the feel that the main character is a master martial artist at all. Something like this show should have the fighting be grounded in reality, but fantastic enough to set it apart from the gritty slug-fests Daredevil had. Instead, it fails at being anything but bad.

>>80775180
Danny is a angry kid that never learned responsibility and didn't actually listen to any of the lessons at the monastery. He gets back to the USA and is forced to understand everything he learned doesn't apply well to the real world. He is the exact opposite of a calm and mature person and the actor does a good job portraying that.
>>
>>80777702
>It's clear that the editing, choreography, and fighters in this show are sub-par.
I know fuck u, they had 3 weeks to prepare, its utter bullshit, but seeing what he could pull off with 15 mins prep per scene makes me hopeful that he'll be good given proper training and preparation, just let me have this damn it
>>
I rate it 4/5 on the netflix rating

the beginning was really bad but it got better as it went

(SJWs just hate white man having an asian gf)
>>
>>80774178
Was bored with Luke Cage and DDs2 so going to give this a shot. As a white cis male seems like it is in my right to torrent it at least. I know nothing about the comics but eventually will get too it, so much on TV right now.
>>
>>80777872

https://www.inverse.com/article/29370-iron-fist-popular-on-netflix

It's the second highest show in their tv MCU.

All that negative press actually helped the show.
>>
>>80777982
we winning? hahahahahahah we winning
>>
File: 1489008403850.jpg (151KB, 1488x420px) Image search: [Google]
1489008403850.jpg
151KB, 1488x420px
>>80774178
It's not as bad as critics say, but it's bad.
>>
>>80774493
>Kun Lun was never even really explained, or shown to be "good guys"

That's because they're not the "good guys." Did you finish the show?
>>
File: 1470719432022.jpg (58KB, 687x814px) Image search: [Google]
1470719432022.jpg
58KB, 687x814px
>>80774414
i don't eat shit
>>
>>80775149
Is this really how the show is edited? Why the hell is there a cut every 0.1 seconds? The editing on that fight is atrocious, I hate action movies or tv shows that do this.
>>
>>80774178
I really enjoyed the first 7 or 8 episodes. Probably the second best mcu show ever. Critics were completely wrong. At this point they you can't trust them when they say something is good, and you can't trust them when they say something is bad.
>>
>>80774178
>a little slow in the middle
nah m8 it was dead boring all the way through
>>
>>80778218
its not just the fights, even during conversations especially the early eps they just cut in the middle of a sentence its fucking weird, whoever was the editor responsible for this shit should never work again
>>
>>80778264
nah m8, wenham and ward were fun all the way through
>>
>>80778068

picture is misleading. he taught the girl one different fighting style that he learned from asians. also continuously learns new shit throughout the show, and the people in kun lun called his ass an outsider. who cares that he was white.
>>
>>80778068
>>80778035
The make character is the cuckiest libcuck feasibly possible. He's not "our guy" just because he's white.
>>
https://streamable.com/cmctg
>>
>>80778284
It's kind of a symptom of the film industry at this point, but this is a particularly egregious example of it. Cuts should be more precious than how they use it in this show, which is to give the illusion that a lot of action is happening since the actors themselves don't actually know how to fight.
>>
>>80775149
jesus christ...
>>
I'm ok with dany but why did they give him dark brown hair with bright yellow highlights? didn't look like a monk at all. Looked like a fag tbqh
>>
>>80778620
>/ourguy/
get fucked if anyone ward is, this whole shitstorm is just fucked though and its really not the little fgts fault, he did his best given what he got, he could do much better given time and cash, imo
>>
>>80778818

his hair is short and less noticeable in defenders so that has been only improvement besides costume
>>
>>80778701
yea everything about this screams rushed, it sucks they've got the pieces of a great show here, but its like they had to put it together over a weekend
>>
>>80774178
It has some brilliant scenes:
https://webmshare.com/rZmDN
>>
>>80774178
This movie has some extremely bad fight scenes for a show that's supposed to be about a guy who does kung-fu.

Otherwise its a decent drama but I got mad last night because they pulled the dumb shit they did with Luke Cage where the "realistic" villain is killed off about halfway through and replaced with a cheesy villain
>>
It's very telling of how bad the show is that the only reason I have to defend it is simply because all the SJW cucklords are attacking it.

The acting is terrible, the fight scenes are poor, the plot is bland, the characters are retarded. Absolutely the weakest of all the Netflix capeshits, thankfully Punisher will be out this year to wash the taste of Iron Shit out of my mouth.
>>
>>80779162
>villain is killed off
wait for it
>>
>>80779250
>the weakest of nfcapeshit shows
so u haven't seen JJ or LC then?
>>
>>80779512
Luke Cage was stronger than this pile of shit, that's how bad this is.

JJ was bland overall, but had some decent moments thanks to Doctor Who
>>
>>80779564
>Luke Cage was stronger than this pile of shit
t a nigger
>>
>>80779668
you're no different from the SJWs claiming IF is bad purely because it has a white male protag
>>
>>80779707
right cause LC was 'good' right? not boring af with the only thing it had going for it killed off 1/2 way through? not the worst shot and cut fight scenes we've been subjected to so far?, nah we wuz kangz, dat shit wuz tight faggot
>>
>>80774247
I thought Matt Murdock was white. He has the most critically acclaimed marvel television show.
>>
>>80779776
>cause LC was 'good' right?
Is English not your first language, or did you just suffer the US education system?
>>
>>80779811
you're allowed one and only one. Do you ever diversity!?
>>
>>80779839
nah just imitatin to homies nigga or however the fuck you do it, refute the point or fuck off, LC was a shit
>>
>>80779941
Refute what point you utter spastic? That LC is shit which is what I said in the first place?
>>
>>80774178
It's boring and never builds any momentum.
>>
>>80779867
you guys sound just as stupid as the people who say "they don't like it because there's black people in it!"

maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's the worst marvel series to date
>>
>>80780063
>Luke Cage was stronger than this pile of shit
refute your shitpost, faggot
>>
>>80774178
Just finished watching it.

Didnt really like it.

Danny is an insufferable moronic faggot throughout the whole series and he is the main character.

Only kept watching it because of Ward and his father, otherwise I wouldve dropped it.
>>
>>80778093
They are the good guys... do you even Marvel brah?
>>
>>80780461
Can you not read full sentences, or is your reading comprehension just on par with a nigger?
>>
>>80780792
>LC is better then IF
>both are shit
defend the first bit
>>
>>80774178

>series starts
>he's already Iron Fist, no origin story to trudge through
>think "Awesome, we're just gonna just right into him using his powers."
>three episodes in
>hasn't used his power yet
>watch all thirteen hours of the show
>he uses the iron fist for a grand total of 45 seconds in the whole season
>mainly just to punch doors

That was a load of bullshit.
>>
>>80780858
>>he uses the iron fist for a grand total of 45 seconds in the whole season
>>mainly just to punch doors
This pissed me off too. Who the fuck wrote this shit? They had years and this is what they made?
>>
>>80780858
>>80780893
he can't even use the iron fist half the time. Fucking useless cunt.
>>
>iron fist
>doesnt iron feet too
>doesnt iron dick the qt japanese girl

upgrade when?
>>
>>80782042

Wouldn't Iron penis kill colleen?
>>
>>80782420
no her vagina lips were fold a thousant times
>>
>>80782420
what a way to go though
>>
did bakuto die in the end? I can't remember and cbf watching it again
>>
>>80782462

Can women Iron Vagina then?
>>
>hear critics panning the show
>same critics that think jessica jones is good
>>
File: that's a good trick.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
that's a good trick.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>80774178
>>
>>80774178
The show sucks but not because the main dude is white.
>>
>>80778068
>the sky monks who live in literal heaven wouldn't have a different martial arts than earthbound cultures

wew lad, must be easy to be a tv critic
>>
>>80777982
All that article says is that it's the 2nd most talked about Netflix show.
>>
>>80774178
Ever since Trump won the SJWs in the media have gone into overdrive to try and compensate for it. It's been hilarious.
>>
>>80782868
the show is pretty bad though. daredevil is the only good one they've made.
>>
Am I the only one watching show for the crazy dad and his family? I don't even care about Danny. Hes a shitty character.
>>
>>80782984

Ward is a legitimately good character and the family is pretty complex
>>
>>80778205
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
>>
>Luke Cage isn't good

Where did this meme start?
>>
>>80783065

The season went to shit when they killed the guy who wanted to be KANG but struggled with the cost and replaced him with Cage's faggot brother.
>>
>>80783065
When people watched it
>>
File: 1471205725802.png (102KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1471205725802.png
102KB, 450x443px
>tfw the best fight in the entire fucking season is a 30 second found footage clip in black and white
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZzKc39ttFY

GODDAMN HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THAT BAD?!
>>
I found this show frustrating considering that the source material has an interesting premise yet the show absolutely REFUSES to do anything with it other than talk about the cool shit we cant see. The fuckers right of passage involves killing a dragon with his bare hands, trained in a heaven like city, fights other people like it was Mortal Kombat, and all we get is ANOTHER halfed ass Hand plot with boardroom drama? Fuck you. If they want more street level shit, just make Heroes for Hire, not this half assed Immortal Weapon with none of the cool stuff
>>
File: 1486265970001.gif (460KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486265970001.gif
460KB, 450x500px
>>80774178
It wasn't even bad. The episodes of him making company changes and pissing the board of directors off were fun. Only bad reviews I've seen for it are sjw shit holes like polygon. The show is a 7/10, 3.5/5. Having said all of that I want more blind lawyer and punisher. Jessica Jones is probably the worse show Marvel has done because it was meant to be for cable tv. Yes I know the purple faggot was cool but the Jessica Jones was garbage. Luke Cage was ok but had very bad writing problems half way through the show and the anti cop shit at the end was phoned in by jew producers. Overall Iron Fist is solid.
>>
>>80779564

No luke cage wasn't better, fuck off.
>>
>>80783328
shut the fuck you you dumb stupid cat
>>
>>80783328
Its not the worst out of the Netflix lineup, but I personally have to give it a low score simply from wasted potential. Is the greater crime doing a shitty job, or not trying at all?
>>
File: IMG_0027.jpg (52KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.jpg
52KB, 500x371px
We live in a country where less than 6% of the total population is Oriental, who have a culture that does not typically encourage going into the art of acting.

12% of Americans are black, 17% are Hispanic, 63% are non-Hispanic whites.

That makes Asians pretty much the tiniest minority in the United States.

Asians like science and don't seem to have a huge interest in going into acting, developing studios, writing Asian-focused storylines or scripts and so on.

Movies and TV shows are a business. You cater to your LARGEST audience (white people).

There has been an emphasis throughout the last several decades of black-owned studios creating films for black people and also sitcoms, which over time crossed over into white interest, and through decades of work became rather ingrained.

The Asian community doesn't do shit.

If you don't like white saviors maybe you need to stop and consider what you're asking - you want "white saviors" to swoop in and just *give* Asian people lead roles (in stories where there was no Asian lead role ever) just to satisfy the gripes of a minority of a minority.

If you're so upset about it, nothing - literally nothing - is stopping you from writing scripts with Asian lead roles that appeal to a wide audience.

Still, though, Bruce Lee didn't rely on anybody, he went out there and made himself a legend in American film (and is still a legend to this day).

You can't rely on other people to do this shit for you. If the Asian community within the United States wants to start seeing more Asian leads they've got to start writing scripts and making movies with Asian leads.

If you're a white person writing a script - sorry to tell you - but you're going to identify more with the life of a white persona and your script or story will likely revolve around a white main character.
>>
>>80783375

It was
>>
DD1>DD2>shit>IF>nuclear shit>JJ>LC
>>
>>80775347
what point are you trying to make here? the first fight scene was shit--it was slow, repetitive, used obvious cuts, and had ugly choreography as the whites lined up to be hit.

Ipman is fucking work of art with big names in martial arts and a good budget for feature film of its time and place--the technique and sound are awesome and the way the arts interact makes a statement about the cultures that produced them

The iron fist scene was way better than the first video you posted, obviously its not going to be ipman, but didn't look ugly compared to ipman
>>
>>80782461
holy shit
this is the best thing you'll ever post
>>
>>80783696
There's a reason why king fu isn't popular anymore. It looks like dogshit compared to the more modern martial arts and is completely nonfunctional when faced against them too.
>>
>>80780858

>that fucking twirl

Are you sure this is the hill you want to die on?
>>
Pros: Ward and Harold Meachum chewing the scenery and giving some of the best performances in the MCU, Colleen Wing, the episode directed by RZA was pretty dope, the drunken master fight, some of the fighting choreography was cool

Cons: Terrible lead, mostly awful script and dialogue, not showing Kun'lun or the dragon, the superheros power takes a back seat for literally no reason, entire thing falls apart at the end because theres nothing to care about, why didnt Night Nurse just call Daredevil or JJ?
>>
Bad acting, bad writing
Nothing to do with bullshit claims of cultural appropriation
>>
>>80774247
2/10
>>
>>80783823
wtf are you on about
"more modern martial arts" is literally mixed martial arts
most movies don't even show much of the grappling aspects because it's not exciting to watch two men hugging on the floor
>>
>5 episodes in
>so far Colleen Wing has had more interesting fights than the main character
>dude has magical Kung fu powers and doesn't do jack diddly fuck with them
>literally used them once to break a door down and again to block a hatchet
>two best characters are Ward and Harold who are just two guys with the power to be ridiculously hammy villains

I'm going to finish it just because I've already watched everything else but this is a real bummer coming off the heels of Daredevil S2 and even shitty last half of Luke Cage was more entertaining. Really hoping Defenders can salvage Danny after this shit show
>>
>>80774314

I think she was bored and wanted something to do with her life. She could have clearly done whatever she wanted ages ago but let them go through all the trouble of holding her and all that other crap.
>>
>>80776635

I just finished the last episode myself, what did I miss? What was the reason for his off acting, or rather that it seemed like he was off?

Don't get me wrong. Ward is a best, I was pulling for him too but as far as the delivery of lines? He stood out the most to me despite what people are saying about the lead.
>>
>>80774178
Loras Tyrell is a faggot and should burn in hell!
>>
>>80784002

Wait wait, which one did RZA do? Was it the tournament? I bet it was the tournament.

Harold was pretty good for me too but I hated that they foreshadowed all of his striking prowess for nothing. The end fight was literally "nope, we're gonna use guns and weapons!"
>>
>>80774247
>support capeshit
NO
>>
>>80783255
Why the fuck does he have a beard even though the comic character doesn't.

And the set, god it's shit.
>>
>>80774178
It's not a good show but we need to support it because of the culture war.
>>
>>80786878
This but unironically.
>>
>>80786878
>but we need to support it because of the culture war.
Please end your miserable existence.
>>
File: IRON FIIIST.png (844KB, 929x516px) Image search: [Google]
IRON FIIIST.png
844KB, 929x516px
Why didn't they use this effect during normal fight sequences for iron fist? It would have been a cool visual way to show him using his powers in fights that didn't require the full glowy fist. Like if he was using his chi sparingly for normal fights to give him slightly superpowered hits that wreck normal goons.
>>
>>80786965
Lack of budget, lack of time. This is the answer to every "why" regarding this show.
>>
It's alright. Decent-good. There's a LOT of room for more interesting photography. Real distinct lack of close ups in particular.
>>
>>80780856
>IF is worse
>no, LC is worse
Seems we're at an impasse.
>>
>>80782934
Agents of SHIELD has gotten really good surprisingly. Can't wait to see how the matrix plays out.
>>
>>80774178
No people only hate it cause he's white
>>
File: 1429465302037.png (158KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
1429465302037.png
158KB, 662x635px
Serious question.

Ignoring the stupid culture war bullshit, would you have supported making Iron Fist asian solely for the purpose of bringing in a proper martial artist that can do better fight sequences?
>>
>>80785220
Only steroids can save The Defenders now.
>>
>>80787251
no
>>
>>80787251
I would've supported anyone who knew martial arts and had a decent cut body/face.

Hell I'd support Jason Statham.

Not this Tyrell fuccboi though.
>>
>>80780858

>Hero doesn't use their powers/get their iconic stuff until the end of the first season

I hated this shit in Daredevil and I hate it now, why should we have to wait another year or two before we get to see the hero actually use his powers (or in DD's case, get the iconic suit)
>>
>it's another Claire fights with claw thingy's episode
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>80788109
>I want no plot progression
>I WANT COOL SHIT NOW
>I want the story of DD, or IF and other heroes to start in the middle
>>
>>80788130
Everybody was Kung Fu fighting.
>>
>>80788130
>it's a nurse can take on elite assassins episode
>>
>>80774247
What an odd marketing strategy you're attempting.
>>
File: rsz_into-badlands-10182015.jpg (740KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_into-badlands-10182015.jpg
740KB, 970x545px
I started watching Iron Fist and then decided just to watch Into the Badlands instead. I made the right choice.
>>
>>80774178
that dojo lady has a big ass
>>
>>80788205
I look forward to her death to unite the Defenders. Not because I like the hackneyed, disgusting cliche; but because it'll mean that she's finally dead and will stop mary sueing her way into every single season as a shit cameo to save the day
>>
>>80788172
>Everybody was Kung Fu fighting
they should have went full overdub homage, It would have been so much better than what we got this season. some other timeline is getting to enjoy that
>>
File: 1390593853495.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1390593853495.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
It's closer to Agents of Shield than it is to Daredevil... So it's fucking terrible. Not even worth skimming through since nothing fucking happens and all the fights are trash.
>>
>ward was great
why do people keep saying this. Is it a meme? It has to be a meme.
>>
>>80788565
because next to garbage mediocrity seems pretty great.
>>
>>80787251
There is already tons of kung fu with Asians in it. If they put an Asian in this shitshow than SJW's would still be complaining about typecasting and it would still be a shitty show.
>>
>>80788565
Ward was so bad that I could swear the actor was doing it intentionally. Or maybe he's just a shitty actor. Who knows
>>
>>80788747
JESUS!
Is that his favorite word or something?
>>
>>80788747
It was the most phoned in performance I'd seen in recent memory. I wonder what some of the actors would say to each other in private about the absolute garbage script.
>>
>literally all my friends dropped this show by episode 6
>same shit happened with LC and JJ
>same shit will happen with Defenders and Punisher
Yeah nah it's bad
>>
>>80775149
MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPP
>>
File: mobvAh7.png (277KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
mobvAh7.png
277KB, 512x384px
>>80774178
>I SAY LUKE CAGE SUCKED MORE
>I SAY IRON FIST SUCKED MORE

kek
>>
The actor for Bokuto is one off the worse things I've seen in my life.

>She's dying
>Help her

What the fuck man.
>>
>>80779811
He's also deaf.
I've literally heard that the others seasons are so diverse because One's deaf, one's a woman, & one's black & that Iron Fist is just a white guy who knows kung fu.
Personally, I think Iron Fist isn't bad but mediocre. Not too bad & gets better at points.
>>
Anyone who rates this show above a 5 or a 6 out of 10 is delusional. There were certainly things to enjoy about the show (Ward, Harold, Colleen, Davos) but they fucked just about everything else up.
>>
File: 1489615207775.jpg (247KB, 698x703px) Image search: [Google]
1489615207775.jpg
247KB, 698x703px
>>80787415
/pol here, i completely agree with this anon.
>>
>>80788244
Holy shit, I totally forgot about that show. And season 2 is out now.
>>
>dude muh hand, must destroy le hand lmao
>doesn't behead every Hand leader he encounters

what a cuck
>>
File: 1440209444098.jpg (52KB, 816x812px) Image search: [Google]
1440209444098.jpg
52KB, 816x812px
>if we kill them we're not better than them
getting real tired of this meme
>>
I'm confused as to how many Hand factions there are. Harold being the final boss was meh, Danny betraying Davos was a dick move, Joy got a nice ass and i felt like there was some incest going on with Ward. Overall it wasn't a bad show , wasn't good either. Average and forgettable. 5/10
>>
>>80776218
I only cared about his scenes towards the end. Danny actor cheesed it up every time he had to get emotional, it was cringey. Ward actor seemed like he had a stroke few years back and couldn't move his facial muscles well but he still gave it his all in the performance.

Commendable
>>
>>80774178
It's fucking terrible, it makes kung-fu boring.

Into The Badlands had its own fair share of problems, but at least the fights were usually entertaining.

This is just a mess of poorly choreographed jump cuts.
>>
>>80783065
When Cottonmouth died. He was literally the only thing that wasn't complete shit. Also Rosaria Dawson, who kinda made it bearable after that point. I even like the black barbershop banter, but it was so fucking cliche.
>>
>>80787251
If you replace this guy with an Asian, you'd still have cunts complaining about it being an Asian stereotype. Because of course all Asians know kung-fu, right?

The only way to shut these people the fuck up would have been to make Danny black or maybe Hispanic.
>>
>>80787251
Me personally? Yeah. I don't give a shit about changing races of the characters when it's about the quality. The problem is, 90% of the time it's not done for the quality, but rather to aim a certain target demographic.
>>
One thing that's really bugging me is the intro. It's by far the worst fucking intro they made in a marvel netflix series. DD had a 10/10 intro, JJ and LC had intros that was related to the show and set the correct mood, IC's intro is just some retarded ink figure spinning around and the music building up to literally nothing. It's like they didn't spend any effort. The more I see discussions of this show, the more I start to believe the producers scammed the studio.
>>
>>80774178
The Bad

>Half the fights are slow.

>Editing is meh.

>Show goes on for at least two episodes too long.

>Danny is a bitch who doesn't seem to know how to use his power.

The good

>Its less preachy then Luke Cage.

>Music was good.

>Villains are good.

>Ward has the best character arc, like he was the one character I was invested in beyond the badguys.

>That hot ass asian chick is constantly wearing form fitting clothing.

Truth be told the best episode is the one recorded by RZA.
>>
>>80774178
It's really not as bad as critics made it out to be. It was good, had some flaws.
>>
>>80780641
I agree. Ward and Harold drama were the stand out of the series.
>>
>>80783328
First half Luke Cage is better than all of Iron Fist even though the last half of Iron Fist is better than Luke Cage.
>>
>>80783471
Jews are a smaller minority than Asians yet they still are overrepresented in films. Fuck off you idiot.
>>
>>80786878
>constantly criticize people for liking shows and movies simply because of 'MUH DIVERSITY'
>liking a show simply for 'MUH WHITE GENOCIDE'

A clear sign of a fucking loser.
>>
>>80787251
A main character by any other race would not have not made this show any better.
>>
>>80793501
>music was good

Yeah, that Stranger Things theme song rip off was amazing!
>>
>>80774818

He literally looks like he could be Oliver from Arrow's curly-haired little brother when he wears a suit. Same beard and similar facial features.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 684x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 684x327px
>>80774178
MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD

Unlike the other Netflix "heroes" Iron fist is a great role model for the white youth of today, he's not disabled, he's not a slut, and he's not a gang-banging hoodlum. This is the main reason of lefts calculated take down of the series, it doesn't promote their degeneracy (except for maybe the interracial relationship but we'll get to that later). Not to mention the shows subtle comparisons between 'The Hand' and the left. Much like the left 'The Hand' is a criminal group of misfits that brainwashes people from a young age all under the guise that they're making the world a "better place". When Colleen gets BLEACHED by Danny he slowly but surely begins the process of redpilling her about the true intentions 'The Hand'. Of course since she's been brainwashed she doesn't believe it at first but by the end she truly sees 'The Hand' (or the left) for what they truly are.

TL;DR

This show was redpilled from the start and that's why the left hates it.
>>
>>80797448
/pol/ pls
>>
>>80774218
FPBP as always
>>
>>80797448
>trying to force square pegs into round holes
Is this all /pol/ does? Sad!
>>
>>
>>80779811
He's blind though, so to him, everyone is black/varying shades of crimson
>>
>>80798134
lol patrice was dead before before the shows aired, this is an anon making up reviews
>>
File: 1490200783473.jpg (104KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490200783473.jpg
104KB, 1080x1080px
>>80797448
Based
>>
I really wish they had hired the choreographers for The Raid for Iron Fist. The fight scenes were just awful.
>>
>>80798524
>choreographers
The actors of The Raid could probably improvise a better fight scene than anything seen here.
>>
The MC actor is fucking shit, and all muh crazy guy trying to convince people that he is not crazy talking about another dimensions and puer powers is not fucking helping
>>
>>80774247
>People literally only hate it because the hero is white.
If they made him Asian it would have got even more hate for not respecting the source material. The whole point of IF is that hes's not Asian.
>>
>>80775149
The room was small. And the fight is bad because Danny was hurt to the head some moments before.

I find this more realistic then Daredevil doing backflips with many holes on his chest.
>>
>>80777273
Jessica Henwick is great. Fucking perfect.
>>
>>80774178
It's very enjoyable to be honest. Inferior to Daredevil but mostly better then everything else.

Also ladies are very hot except the black one.
>>
>>80780893
>>80780858
>>he uses the iron fist for a grand total of 45 seconds in the whole season
Danny is supposed to be a shitty Iron Fist, with incomplete training. Even in the comics he can only use it once in every fight.

He's not like the IF they see in the WW footage. He's supposed to become like that eventually.
>>
>>80786965
>>80787026
Because he can't use the IF more then once.
Even in the comics. At first at least.
>>
>>80799170
Fucking hell you retarded moron. Think about what you just said for a moment.

> And the fight is bad because Danny was hurt to the head some moments before.
You mean they fucked up the editing because he was hurt? They made it look like shit on purpose instead of portraying the character as injured? Give one POV shot where Danny's vision is blurred and sound is muffled. Then have him fight off-kilter. The fact that people watch that webm and can't tell that one of the characters was injured means they completely failed at the fight scene.
>>
>>80775149
that fucking ediing tho. jesus christ! dude went trigger happy in the editing room. hope this fucker never works again
>>
>>80774247
>57 cuts in 30 secs

Yeah no
>>
>>80799487
So is basically every action movie except John Wick, which is great, but who cares?
>>
>>80798316
Holy cow
>>
>>80774178
>I thought it started out good but got a little slow in the middle

Every Marvel/Netflix show in a nutshell
>>
>>80775149
How come daredevil nailed the fighting scenes and no one has taken example of it..
>>
>>80799744
I like DD but the fights are surreal. He's not human.
>>
>Daredevil uses Iron Fists' mask for his entire first season
>Iron Fist doesn't ever use his own mask

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>80799810
Not a single talented bone involved incapeshit production. It's all done to milk money on a meme trend.

If you want to see passion and craftmanship in action, stick to real martial arts stuff.
>>
>>80799744
They don't need to put effort into making it good anymore because they know everyone will watch no matter what.
>>
>>80799554
Then how come Daredevil had a shitton of fight scenes with very limited number of cuts, like the famous hallway scene or the staircase one?
>>
>>80799856
He never had to hide his identity. You need a reason to use a mask.
>>
>>80800015
Daredevil is better then Iron Fist, nobody is denying that.
Still Iron Fist is not the shit people are saying it is. It's actually enjoyable.
Had it come before Daredevil, nobody would have criticized the fighting.
>>
>>80799744
As good as DD is, barely anyone on /tv/ is fanatical enough to defend it.
>>
>>80800169
There's no need to defend it. It's a good show.
>>
>>80800289
According to the guy I replied to, apparently there is a need to defend it.
>>
File: 1488227517268.jpg (33KB, 751x522px) Image search: [Google]
1488227517268.jpg
33KB, 751x522px
Shills are out hard today. Iron Fist is capeshit fuck off faggots.
>>
>>80800365
Nope, it's kino.
>>
He really has a nice jaw and chin.
Also, no, they mad because "white privilege" shit, there's literally an article about it.
>>
File: 1489277828687.jpg (234KB, 582x853px) Image search: [Google]
1489277828687.jpg
234KB, 582x853px
>>80774178
Disney already hired the guys from The Raid for Star Wars, they couldn't get them to do stunts for this show?
>>
The guy who played Daredevil's stunt double also was Chris Evan's double in The Winter Solder. Seems like a cool dude who actually knows how to fight.
>>
The thing that bothers me the most in Iron Fist is the main character ABSOLUTE EXCESS of fat. He had to be a fucking legendary ripped perfect martial artist.
He looks like NORMAL DUDE who just did some pushups and is still swollen.
If they had the prettyboy face with pic related body I could get behind that, but the way it is is just lazy production.
>>
File: 1489682259225.gif (3MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1489682259225.gif
3MB, 500x375px
mfw disney shills defend this abortion of a show
>>
>>80800542
He says 2 times, TWO FUCKING TIMES, that his strength comes from within, not from muscles.
>>
>>80800678
>lived with a bunch of monks for 15 years
>trained constantly
>pushed his body to the limit everyday
>probably ate simple food
>is not pure ottermode muscle

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>80800678
So he spent YEARS in fuck knows where just eating MCDONALD'S and meditating? It doesn't matter where his power comes from he should be FU
>>80800749
This anon summed it up for me. Thank you
>>
Its quite bad.
>>
>>80800749
You clearly don't know how muscles work. There is a huge difference between a strong person and a body builder.
>>
>>80800807
That's why anon posting Bruce Lee and not Arnold Swartsnigger, Finn Jones looks like neither.
>>
File: loras-tyrell[1].jpg (52KB, 930x516px) Image search: [Google]
loras-tyrell[1].jpg
52KB, 930x516px
>>80800875
Finn Jones looks like this faggot. What a world eh
>>
>>80800875
Are you comparing Bruce Lee to Danny Rand?

Bruce Lee was one of the best Kung Fu fighters in the world, Danny Rand is not. He only won a tournament among youngsters to acquire a superpower used to perform a very boring duty that many better fighters didn't even want.

Danny is strong, but not so much. And clearly he's not as good as Bruce Lee.
>>
>>80800963
Also Bruce Lee looked buffed in movies because of dehidration. Actors drink like 10lt of water for 30 days and then the day before shooting they stop and the body expels a lot of water, used to the previous regime.
>>
>>80801023
Wait, is that Danny Rand in the cartoon?
>>
>>80801103
yes. From a Spiderman one.
>>
>>80800807
I take it you've never met any monks that study martial arts. They are lean as hell and don't look ripped, but they're incredibly strong.
>>
>tfw /tv/ likes stupid marvel capeshit because "muh white genocide"
>>
>>80774178
>Is it really as bad as critics are making it out to be?
No nigga, it's fucking worse. I thought it was just libs getting triggered over a white character being played by a white actor, but goddamn.

The writing is terrible, dialogue is cringe-worthy or eye-rolling, characters make the worst decisions possible and act the dumbest way they can, Joy changes her character every fucking episode, almost everyone's problems could be solved if they just talked, ALL villains are trash, boring-ass Bakuto being the worst, and that's just of the top of my head.

To add to it, the pacing is trash, the fights are mostly terrible (there are some passable ones in the final episodes) and it's biggest sin is that it fucks up every single good idea it has.

The chinese axe gang, the tournament episode, the FUCKING DRUNKEN MASTER, the final sword fight between teacher and student happening while it's raining, the general arc of Danny Rand finding who he is, the troubled story of Ward and his fight against an abusive father, Harold's psycho tendences, the best-friend turned rival, all the good concepts play out in the most boring, generic and worst way.

It's seriously frustrating to watch this, as the writers can't decide what type of character Danny should be, and he just sounds more and more like a whiny little bitch that can't take responsability.

The only saving grace is Jessica Henwick, a literal goddess, and the pretty good direction episodes have, with excellent lightning and creative solid framing.
>>
File: 1231124.jpg (91KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1231124.jpg
91KB, 720x480px
>>80774178
Danny is a psychopath. His naivety is actually scary as fuck when you think about what kind of powers he has. He's just as brainwashed as people from the Hand, another soldier to some ancient organization. And because he's dumb, he gets tricked by people all the time. He's not heroic at all. I don't understand why he should be the main character of anything.

The fight scenes were okay but the editing was absolute shit.

Personally, I really liked the Meachum storyline. That was the only reason I kept watching the show. Too bad it didn't end with Ward confessing his love for Joy.
>>
>>80800678
yeah but he's living with shaolin monks. he should be ripped. instead the dude has a body that looks like he watches netflix all day and gyms once a week.
>>
>>80774407
This
>>
It's the best marvel show besides daredevil season 1 but that's not saying much it's still terrible
>>
>>80774178
Watching it right now
It start off well the first 3 episodes
Then it's a slugfest of nonsense only interrupted by very mediocre fights scenes
>>
Thought it was pretty good, more watchable and consistent that the black one
>>
>>80774178
>I thought it started out good but got a little slow in the middle
>got a little slow in the middle
>got a little slow
>got
Wait what, it gets slower? I've watched three episodes and I'm already ready to drop this shit.
Thread posts: 262
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.