[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the elves just invent primitive muskets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
Why didn't the elves just invent primitive muskets?
>>
>>80771188
Gunpowder seems to be something only Saruman knows about. There is no middle earth version of china so I have no idea where he got it anyway.
>>
Why didn't they invent anything in the thousands of years before Sauron's return? You know, to prepare for it a little maybe. Instead they just sat around and played harps and ate lettuce apparently. Being an elf looks fucking boring as shit
>>
Why didn't Sauron stockpile nuclear weapons?
>>
File: 1481930614467.jpg (9KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
1481930614467.jpg
9KB, 221x228px
because it's a different universe and chemistry doesn't work the same
>>
>>80771302
>boring
>don't have to work
>get to fuck elf chicks and sing poetry all day
Elves had the perfect NEET life.
>>
>>80771302
>ate lettuce
Where did this Elves=vegetarian meme come from?
>>
>>80771188
Elves are too sophisticated to think about violent combustion as a mechanism. I'd think Dwarves would sooner invent exploding things since they're the miners.
>>
>>80771678
The Hobbit movies
>>
>>80771809
Amazing, considering in the book the starving Dwarves get caught by the Elves in Mirkwood because they get tempted by the smell of meat that the Elves (who are in fact in the middle of hunting deer) are cooking.
>>
>>80771678
It was portrayed in the Hobbit movie, but ultimately I think it goes with the association between elves and nature done in D&D or some other late 20th century fantasy material. Here nature means the "green" nature, the one specifically about trees, plants and animals rather than nature as in "everything that exists".

That association of elves and nature doesn't exist in Tolkien's written works. Elves care for nature, but they mostly care about the order of things, because they never get to leave Arda, their soul stays in this world, while we humans have the "gift" of departing from it, and we don't care nearly as much about it.

When something bad happens in the world, elves will have to deal mentally with it for as long as the world exists.
>>
>>80771343

Why didn't Sauron develop a Single Integrated Operational Plan for a flexible response, utilizing variable yield weapons?
>>
>>80771188
no war tax
>>
>>80772347
>Why didn't Sauron develop a Single Integrated Operational Plan for a flexible response, utilizing variable yield weapons?

Had a laugh at this
>>
>>80773180

Do you think he favored first strike enablers or was purely defensive by doctrine?
>>
File: SeSlH7i.png (164KB, 600x1084px) Image search: [Google]
SeSlH7i.png
164KB, 600x1084px
>>80772347
Because he learned his lesson after the 1st Age escalated to a spasm war.
>>
>>80771250
easterlings are chinks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.