[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: synecdoche-new-york_maintitle.jpg (89KB, 860x530px) Image search: [Google]
synecdoche-new-york_maintitle.jpg
89KB, 860x530px
Thoughts?
>>
boring
>>
>>80770621
ESotSM is better
>>
Excellent. At once vast and personal. Terribly depressing. Beautifully acted.

Yours, OP?
>>
>>80770643
Kind of hard to compare movies with different themes. Synecdoche is focused on life itself, whereas ESotSM is focused mostly on relations
>>
>>80770666
Similar, but i wouldn't call it depressing. The themes amd motives themselves cause the movie to be depressing, i mean the sheer thought about the inevitablity of death is depressing.
>>
Only movie I've ever cried at the ending of.
>>
shit arthouse flick
>>
>>80771948
but it's fried
>>
It was okay.
Charlie tried something and I think he failed, I have to commend his efforts though.

Eternal Sunshine is his masterpiece as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>80770621
I loved it. Andy Kaufman is a talented fella.
>>
>>80772078
FUCK *Charlie

I always confuse the two lmao
>>
>>80770621
Garbage, autistic film freaks like it for the most pedantic film school fan service it provides.
>>
>>80772235
Anon, what are your favourites then?
>>
Probably my favorite movie ever
>>
Boring garbage. Not enough explosions.
>>
>>80770621
Gay. Would not recommend to a friend.
>>
>>80772718

Straight. Also wouldn't recommend.
>>
Why'd his daughter call him gay when absolutely nothing hinted towards a homo relationship if any kind.

His wife was gay, not him
>>
Pretentious artsy nonsense that you can stroke your chin beard while watching and jerking yourself off about how smart and cultured you are
>>
>>80772791
because he was a woman, the characters were blended together after a pointt.
the script is basically non-linear, or written by kauffman and then revised. its why he gets ma'amed, etc.
to me, the ending sequence with the maid and his death are terrible; he finally empathizes and 'escapes himself' and dies with the archetypal mother figure comforting him.
>>
>>80772791
Because his ex-wife raised their daughter and lied to her about Caden, painting him as a degenerate homo, and he couldn't bring himself to correct her on her death bed so he just decided to give her some closure. One of the saddest scenes imo
>>
>>80770621
Apocalypse how?

>>80770743
I thought it focused on a guy who was so self-obsessed he didn't notice his relationships or the world going to shit. So it's a character study.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.