[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never saw this being discussed here. What do you think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1458788680956.jpg (139KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1458788680956.jpg
139KB, 1012x1500px
Never saw this being discussed here. What do you think of it?
>>
Lots of style, no substance. It was like the director had seen lots of horror films and he tried to mash it all into a movie.
>>
you don't see it discussed here because it's nearly universally agreed to be both terrible and not memeworthy
>>
>>80769971
>>80769981
Elaborate a bit. Let's have a discussion going. I just came out of the theater and want to talk about it. Why did you think it was bad?
>>
>>80769938
The 2 fake out endings were the worst part about it and if you payed very close attention right from the start the ending got spoiled
>>
>>80769938
>>80770111
you too can share your opinions you know?
>>
Haven't seen it but I'm curious. Verbinski has made some crap, but his remake of The Ring was very good, and very interesting visually. This also looks visually interesting. I think I already know the "twist ending" but am still curious about seeing it someday.
>>
>>80770184
Well, okay. I thought the movie's subtext never matured enough to amount to anything and towards the end it was pushed aside for the Baron storyline. There was clearly shared characteristic of the people that congregated in the sanatorium but it was never explained if they ended up their because of overexertion or specifically picked out due to their wealth. It makes sense that the Baron only treats wealthy people to fund his thing going but then he goes off to preach something about people needing diseases to keep going. They made it seem like there was an anti-capitalistic ideological tint to it but then it was like "lol no i just need corpses for this thing".
>>
>>80770651
Yeah man. Also the baron was raping his sister and that's why the townspeople killed him and the priest who "married" them.
>>
It was in theaters near me for literally one week. I was planning on seeing it but I never got the chance.
>>
Don't believe the bullshit. This thing was actually fucking fantastic, totally gorgeous
>>
>>80769938
Confusing and slow but an excellent exercise in tension/dread.

The third act really ramped shit up in a way that I wasn't expecting. I dug that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.