[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was so special about her, /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: why.jpg (712KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
712KB, 2000x1328px
What was so special about her, /tv/?
>>
>>80736741
The saddest eyes.
>>
She lived next door
>>
>>80736741
I've always wanted to go to a different town and fall in love with the qt waitress and take in her son as my own.
>>
>>80737494
Cuckold
>>
>>80736741
She looks like that cute quiet girl in high school who had few friends and seemed interesting but you never had the balls to approach
>>
She has a cute face but a very intimidating voice in real life.
>>
>>80736741
she smiled at him
>>
>>80736741
The Aryan in the story, Ryan Gosling, felt the heroic desire to protect a nice average looking whyte thot from the degenerate mestizo lifestyle she was engaged in. The film is an example of the classic Faustian hero tale.
>>
>>80736741
She's pretty cute, I'd probably go for it, right across the hall too, much less work than others.
>>
File: love_in_an_elevator.jpg (725KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
love_in_an_elevator.jpg
725KB, 1920x802px
My theory is that her son somehow mirrors MC's own childhood; so that protecting him from his parent's fuck-ups somehow fulfills some sort of savior fantasy that's really about saving himself.

This and his being legit autistic, of course.
>>
>>80737494
too bad 8/10 waitresses are cunts

t. former line cook
>>
>>80737706
Yeah I'd hit her up but fuck man, he almost died for her
>>
>>80738465
Well, some people are just more caring than others, guess he was too caring.
>>
>>80738243
Any explanation? This is an interesting theory.
>>
>>80738542
Not him, but my best guess is they know they're big fish in a small pond
>>
>>80736741
What's so special about anyone's oneitis? Sometimes it's not just the looks
>>
>>80738180
That makes sense, thanks senpai
>>
>>80738465
Wrong, the Goose was attracted to the little mexican kid and almost died for HIM. She was just baggage.
>>
>>80736741
She was his real human bean.
>>
>>80736741

You're missing one of the big points of the movie, Anon. He's an anti-social anti-hero, and the central "romance" is an anti-romance. One of the big points of Drive is that it's a movie about a guy who drives, taken by the quasi-available waitress who lives down the hall, yet it doesn't fetishize either cars or women. A lesser director would charge right into the picture and make it all about cool cars going fast and the woman has to be hot as hell.

Her attractiveness is supposed to be sort of a reality, but it's intended to not be a thing.
>>
>>80738874
I wasn't suggesting that anything should be special about her physically. Why is he taken by her? It doesn't seem like some arduous task for him to start getting to know her, and he'd been in la for a long time, so surely he could have put forth a comparable effort with literally any other woman. I was looking for some "je ne sais quoi" in either her or their connection but I found none
>>
>>80736741
Nothing, it's the driver that's special.
>>
>>80738243
They're cunts to you because you're a fucking felon piece of shit
>>
>>80738874
>yet it doesn't fetishize either cars or women.
And that's why were having baby driver
>>
>>80739333

Lonesome introverted guy, lonely vulnerable introverted female. They like each other. If you want an explanation for how romance works try shakespeare, or asking literally any other group of people than 4chan
>>
>>80739333

That's the thing about Refn. If there were a reason, he would have cut it out of the movie. Think of it as a character study.

The Driver in the beginning is barely even a person. He doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink, he just sits in his hotel room, and does whatever Bryan Cranston needs.

Basically, he's a guy who needs a purpose. Bryan Cranston gives him a purpose, and he takes it on, gladly. Likewise, Carey Mulligan has problems. Her son needs a quasi father figure, and he does it. She needs a boyfriend type, and he does it. When Isaac comes back, he needs a driver, and the Driver does it. He's attracted to needy people (his best "friendship" is with a guy whose sole plans for the future are using him), and he's totally okay with that. He just needs a purpose.

In an ideal world, someone like Carey Mulligan would be rescued by a pure hero. This world is simple but not ideal. The elevator scene is the turning point. He kisses her, the culmination of their attraction / relationship, then smashes a guy's head to pieces, in horrifying violence. Whether that's what she really needs, that's what he is. He's a slave to his nature, but really he's just a guy who needs a purpose, a problem to solve. He's whatever people need him to be. If he keeps surviving, he'll just go somewhere else, find somebody else, and do what they need him to do. "Anything happens in that five minutes, and I'm yours. No matter what."

He's like a professional soldier, someone who figured out that he's great at fighting and nothing else. So that's all he does.
>>
>>80736741
It's hard to explain.
>>
Is she the bjork of kino?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.