[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>still no threads on /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: malick-song-To-Song.jpg (770KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
malick-song-To-Song.jpg
770KB, 1440x810px
>still no threads on /tv/
>>
>>80736736
There's no theater near me that is playing it.
>>
bluray when
>>
>>80736780

I used to know this feel. Life was fucking hell.
>>
>simple narrative but the movie mostly sticks to it
>comfy 2012 era p4k soundtrack
>ridiculously hot 2012 era Rooney Mara and Natalie Portman (blonde Portman in heels - HNNNNGG)
>decent performances
>several genuinely moving monologues especially the cameos by Patti Smith and Lykke Li

Don't understand the plebian critic meme of mercilessly shitting on Malick, I saw this on Sunday and ended up thinking about it so much yesterday that I went and saw it again. I fucking love it, IMO it's the strongest and most cohesive work of his recent trilogy. And I quite enjoyed KoC also though I think that one is more of a flawed masterpiece.
>>
>>80736736
how was it?
>>
>>80737106
>p4k soundtrack
>>
>>80737106

Almodovar can make film meander whereever and still gets critic praise, yet Malick bashing is acceptable.

>>80737158

I'd say 4/5, 3.5 if you hated KoC.
>>
>>80737158
Not as good as TOL, but better than TTW. Some really effective sequences, great work by Lubezki as expected
>>
>>80737251
Pedro is not immune, I'm so excited didn't do so well
>>
>>80737106
>comfy 2012 era p4k soundtrack
Which artists?
>>
>>80737251

I don't know how much Malick pays attention to reviews but I think Song to Song improved upon several of the common complaints about KoC.

It wasn't overly morose and didn't drag in many places. More characters with their own stories and segments that weaved in and out more fluidly than a rigid structure of many distinct chapters. And I detected a few lines and juxtapositions that seemed almost self aware, or Malick speaking directly to his critics.

It deserves the fresh rating.
>>
>>80737328

I'll concede. Julieta was kind of a hot mess, but maybe in my film geek world I don't see the big picture in terms of reception.
>>
>>80737404

I heard Die Antwoord, Boys Noize, Big Freedia, Lykke Li (who also shows up playing herself and gives a sweet performance). There's definitely more but a lot of the music is either heard lower in the background or for just a short clip.

Relatedly, I was surprised how little of the film actually took place in the festivals. It was a lot more expansive of an experience than I was expecting.
>>
>>80736736
Fassbdender rocks a masculine hairline like no ones business.

How come some men look awesome receding and others look repugnant?

How do I ensure I am one of the former when my time comes?
>>
>>80737660
>How do I ensure I am one of the former when my time comes?

Having good genetics and staying in shape.
>>
>>80737660
finasteride, good hair products, simple haircut, genetically predisposed to good facial hair etc..
>>
>>80737660
lol he is not rocking anything
you are just memebender obsessed faggot
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.