[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: legion-fx-xmen-197201.png (294KB, 655x315px) Image search: [Google]
legion-fx-xmen-197201.png
294KB, 655x315px
Is this worth watching, /tv/?
>>
>>80725794
if the marvel logo didn't make your mind then yes
>>
>>80725794
Yes
>>
No. We need to scourge the earth of these shitty shows depicting Autistic people as alpha males that get hot chicks.
>>
>>80725868
If you liked Fargo, you'll probably like Legion.
>>
File: easy money.jpg (35KB, 562x595px) Image search: [Google]
easy money.jpg
35KB, 562x595px
>>80726065
Since this fad begun i (an autistic person) get pussy all the time
this needs to go on
>>
>>80725794
It's a souffle, maybe not the best one possible, but if you don't eat it then you'll never get a better souffle.
>>
>>80726109
I like Fargo, but Legion, not that much. The characters have that quirk, that makes them stand out, but next to none are likable in Legion.

The series lacks the finesse of Fargo as a whole.
>>
>>80725794
it's a meme show taylor made for reddit
>>
I saw the first episode and wasn't a fan

Do you like "dude trippy" music videos? That's all it really amounted to for me
>>
>>80726212
Id agree it lacks the finesse but i think David is pretty likeable. I think the focus of the series is different then Fargo anyway.
>>
>>80726253
Who's Taylor and why is she making shows for reddit?
>>
do the same people that loved daredevil love legion? i was memed into watching daredevil and i wasted like 10 hours of my life waiting for that shit to get good.
>>
>>80725794

No. Main character is good-looking but all his friends are girls so no bromance just girl stuff.
>>
Yes, unless you are a pleb
>>
>>80726566
Waiting for a show to "get good" is retarded.
>>
>>80726253
>it's a meme show taylor made for reddit
shows like that are a diamond dozen
>>
>>80726109
how are those shows even related in any way? are you retarded?
>>
>>80726703
>diamond dozen
Kek
>>
Anyone else sick of the teenage-tier romance? The fights are shitty, too. I feel like this show would be better if written by Max Landis, something like Chronicle but retaining the surrealist element.
>>
>>80726566
No, i try to not think about this as a superhero show desu, i hope they stay the fuck away from making too many connections to capeshit movies.
>>
Feels like a lot of edgy trippy visuals, but without any cool ideas behind them and everything else suggests boring superhero stuff. It definitely IS unique among the other superhero shit you get, but I think it's only decorative.
>>
>>80725794
i get bored after s01e03
>>
>>80726745
Yes, and people just eat them up in this doggy-dog world.
>>
Last episode was terrible. Fuck
>>
File: taylormade-m2-irons-630x420.jpg (38KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
taylormade-m2-irons-630x420.jpg
38KB, 630x420px
>>80726253
so it's a show about golf?
>>
Yes but I agree with >>80726821. Boring and unnecessary.
>>
>>80726721
They are made by the same studio and literally created by the same person.
>>
>>80725794
Yes, it's great so far
>>
Excited for the Cat's Cradle show from the Fargo dudes. If this keeps that show seeming profitable to FX, then please make more Legion!
>>
>>80726721
Noah Hawley is the writer/producer for both.
>>
>>80726797
>>80726703
those are some pretty old stale jokes, must have had to dig deep in r/4chan to find them!
>>
>>80727085
No, kid. I was here for the diamonds dozen pasta.
>>
I'm really enjoying it. For some reason people on this board see "Marvel" and instantly lose their minds.

I'd say it's a definite step-up on pretty much every superhero program out there atm; wether or not you like it as much as Fargo will depend on your enjoyment of this kind of storytelling.
Basically if you're a fan of Noah Hawley there's no reason why you shouldn't at least watch the pilot
>>
>>80725794
I'm enjoying it. Haven't seen any other superhero tv shows and not a fan of capeshit but I liked Fargo and gave it a shot.
>>
I enjoy it for the contrast between Legion and other marvel shows like Iron Fist. Legion is the direction I want marvel to go with their tv shows.

But when compared to other great tv shows the characters have very little depth or motives beyond making sure David progresses towards resolving his 1 season focused conflict.

David has the most characterization yet is purposefully kept mysterious in anticipation of reveals later on. The world of Legion feels very compact and fake. We don't see anything outside of several (brilliantly executed) sets. It feels very claustrophobic. Maybe that is on purpose.

I hope season 2 allows them to expand the secondary and tertiary cast. There is even a guy in episode 1 who I assume had fire powers, is seen standing on the beach on a rock and that never appears again. Very small cast considering "Legion" should represent an ability to have a continually reoccurring and sprawling cast.
>>
>>80725794
I like it a lot. That Fargo guy knows what he's doing. Plus Aubrey Plaza turns me on in way I never imagined. It's worth watching just for that.
>>
>>80728434
mmmmhmmm that was very very insightful

I have a use for you.
>>
desu just plebs watch this show
>>
>>80728434
I think the second season will definitely be more expansive. For better or for worse I think the show has been holding a lot back, certainly in terms of David's powers as well as world building. This first season has a lot of work to do when you think about it; keeping the focus smaller scale has possibly helped it from biting off more than it can chew early on.

I heard somewhere that Hawley would ideally want this thing to last a good few seasons, so it's safe to assume the world of the show will get a lot bigger
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.