[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Men Tell No Tales (Spoilers)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 0_13f56f_dcf3ec8a_orig.jpg (136KB, 487x649px) Image search: [Google]
0_13f56f_dcf3ec8a_orig.jpg
136KB, 487x649px
Listing a few aspects of information about the movie that have come to light recent.
>>
>>80716392

Henry spends most the movie searching for his father. He knows that his father is cursed and unable to come onto land and he's been researching how to save him. This become much more important later in the story as he discovers that the Trident of Poseidon may have the potential to break his father's curse.

His interactions with Jack and Carina are intentionally done to mirror the first movie. The running joke being that Jack, who is drunk and down on his luck, does not recognise who Henry is, either dismissing it or simply doing something silly which makes him forget such as getting into a drunk fight resulting in him falling in mud.
>>
>>80716392
Salazar is saved by a mysterious force, its hinted at in the trailers however we never really get it acknowledged what brings him back. Later in the movie a few pirates sail to the same location and one refers to it as cursed, however its not specific as to whether it was cursed before or after Salazar and his men died there.

Salazar primarily wants revenge and has no interest in the Trident of Poseidon - it's only during the final battle that the Trident comes into play. Even then Salazar is hellbent on getting Jack.
>>
>>80716392
Will shows up during the first and final act in the movie;

The first time is short, for a confrontation with Salazar. Salazar is in the middle of a storm and the Flying Dutchman rises out of the ground. Salazar seems confused at first and then encounters Will Turner who has now become more akin to Davy Jones.

Will is losing his humanity after what is hinted at being the death of Elizabeth Swann, who died while he was away and as such has vague memories of the past. He recognises the name Jack Sparrow, responding with 'Captain?' and knows the name to be important, but is unsure if he's was a friend or enemy. Salazar manipulates him into allowing Salazar to go after Jack.

Will later shows up in the final battle and is cured of his inability to go on land by Henry, using the Trident. This does not cure him however of being bound to the Dutchman and he's still slowly turning into something like Davy Jones. Salazar is cured of the curse by the Trident which kills him and his surving men are taken by Will to the Davy Jone's Locker.

The general implication i got from him was that he was being set-up to be a potential villain in a sixth movie, but then they decided to just ignore that for a somewhat happy reunion between him and Henry.
>>
>>80716392
Carina is basically Elizabeth Swann, she acts like her, she talks like her, she even has one or two scenes where she has a strop like Elizabeth Swann's character in Dead Man's Chest (Including the boat scene we've seen from the trailers)

She is gifted in astrology and has been studying the stars, which leads her to discover how to find the trident of posiedon via several stars in the sky shaped like a trident.

At one point someone dismisses the existance of a physical trident because of the constellation in the sky - however they are proven wrong by Carina later as she leads them there.
>>
>>80716392
Jack is mostly down on his luck. He's been unable to find a method of increasing the Pearl back to normal size and instead has to steal 'The Dying Gull' - a wrecked docked ship that is being repaired. We see glimpses of the action sequence concerning this in the trailers, where he manages to make the ship ride through the town and into the sea.
>>
File: 1.png (834KB, 617x932px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
834KB, 617x932px
Kino
>>
>>80716392
Jack's compass is also partially explained. It's revealed that Salazar acquired it from one of his pirate kills, he used it to track down pirates until it was stolen by Jack. This is why Salazar is reckless and destroys his own ship, because he is desperately trying to reclaim the compass.
>>
>>80716392
One of the better parts is the interaction and general distrust the rest of Salazar's crew have for him. Throughout the film you see a couple of the crew giving him odd subtle glances or mildly questioning his orders. Sort of like when someone questioned Davy Jones before he released the Kraken in Dead Man's Chest. We see a small glimpse of this when the ghostly crew are talking to Jack on the beach.

Regarding things like the Kraken, unfortunately we dont see the Flying Dutchman having any aquatic help. The closest we get are a bunch of ghostly seagulls that fly around the Silent Mary or the Ghost/Zombie sharks. I believe its generally whatever was in the cave at the time when the Silent Mary crashed became cursed.
>>
>>80716392

Though i know everyone is interested in what is basically hyped as the final battle, so here it is;

Jack has previously managed to free the Black Pearl and during the ending battle, free's the remaining bottled ships resulting in him having an extra few pirate vessels under his command.

The Silent Mary is partially allied for the start of the fight with the Flying Dutchman, resulting in the cannon jumping scene from the trailer as Salazar does not wish to fire on The Flying Dutchman and the Flying Dutchman wont fire because of The Silent Mary.

I would'nt say that it's better than the 'At World's End' battle as that one seemed more iconic and had a better setting, but it was definitely more ships and action this time. Though it was primarily focused around the main four.

It's honestly rather similar to 'At World's End' as they are all trying to fight over the varying items at play including the Compass and the Trident. I guess they wanted to avoid including the Dead Man's Chest to avoid further comparisons.
>>
>>80716392
Either way, i think that's everything i've got for now. Will try and get more information from my sources - but the involvement they had with the film has finished at this stage so it'd probably just be expanding on the details we have now.
>>
ok
>>
P O O P O O P E E P E E
O
O
P
O
O

P
E
E
P
E
E
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.