[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished season two. We can all agree Bosch is based, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: Titus_Welliver_as_Harry_Bosch.jpg (19KB, 387x258px) Image search: [Google]
Titus_Welliver_as_Harry_Bosch.jpg
19KB, 387x258px
Just finished season two.

We can all agree Bosch is based, right?
>>
>>80714586
Bosch is like The Wire 2.0

>Daniels playing pretty much the same part
>Marlo (Jamie Hector) proving he's actually a decent actor
>>
>>80714586
I liked that redhead's bum
>>
>>80714586
Did they ever find that dead boy? I wasn't able to watch the whole series, because my ex gf deleted it off my drive.
>>
>>80714586
its so-so tbqh femme.
>>
>>80714659
Get amazon prime and watch it, fgt.
>>
>>80714659
Yes.

Spring for the Amazon account, there's better stuff on there than Netflix, albeit less.

Also Season 2 > Season 1
>>
>>80714586
Watching se2 right now.
Shit is cash.

>>80714629
And yes she was hot AF. Too bad she wasn't a good cop.
>>
>>80714891
But is Bosch a good cop?
>>
>>80714586
>Bosch
I prefer Hotpoint washing machines.
>>
>>80715022
HAHA SO HILARIOUS
>>
>>80714586

The novels are better.
>>
>>80715639
Redpill me.
>>
Pretty comfy bingewatching show.

Twist was a little too obvious in the 2nd season though.
Although that might just be because I already associate the bad guy as a bad guy thanks to Justified.
>>
>>80716716
Well some actors just have that look.

I knew he was gonna turn out bad immediately, but didn't realize the cases would turn out to be related until several episodes in.
>>
>>80715001
He's a good guy who's good at his job. Sometimes bends the rules but he gets results, usually for the greater good.
While his hot ginger GF is a good person, she's bad at her job.
>>
>>80714586
Why does he and his cunny daughter wear that white bracelet? Is it some califag trend?
>>
Even if the series went to absolute shit I'd still watch it for his house. Every time there's a scene in Bosch's house I am overcome with jealousy
>>
>>80717579
Same. I desperately want to see "Black Echo," I'm sure it's terrible and has Ben Affleck in it or some shit.
>>
File: BOSCH_103_01615.jpg (112KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
BOSCH_103_01615.jpg
112KB, 960x640px
It's a running joke in the show, but I unironically like J Edgar's wardrobe. I wish I could wear 3-piece suits and get away with it.
>>
>>80718197
He's like a skinny Bunk.

By which I mean he has excellent fashion sense, and in ten years he'll be bitter, fat, and fuck anything that moves.
>>
>>80716716
There is no such thing as an irrelevant supporting character in crime fiction. No one is ever 'just there' unless their role is a bit part. If you see a character more than once they're relevant to the plot.

It's refreshing to see a police procedural where cops aren't shooting someone every episode but are actually doing real police work.
>>
>>80718197
It's his personality. Everything he does has to be tip top. Nicest clothes (he gets made fun of in one episode because he isn't able to run down a criminal due to his slacks and gators), nice cars, nice bitches, but he also works his ass off and carries the nice tools.

The final shootout at the end was basically Bosch getting pinned down while Hector did all the work.
>>
>>80718534
Yes, but it's also refreshing to hang out with interesting characters. His ex-wife actually has a backstory and a good one, not just 'that bitch who doesn't have sex with me anymore.' I can tell they must've kept a lot from the books.

"Police work with minimal shooting" would also describe Law & Order and that shitsux
>>
If I loved justified, I should watch this?
>>
>>80718606
shootout in season 2?

They only had one shotgun, and Bosch was the one who used to be Special Forces, there was no slouch in his game.
>>
>>80716716
Bosch is noirkino.

Season 3 trailer looks legit. I want to fuck his captain so bad and I thought he was going to last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVzNCm0d0uc
>>
>>80718680
This is a little closer to The Wire, tho with fewer characters. The guy who created Justified also created Sneaky Pete, so check out that show too (make sure you make it to episode two).
>>
>>80718758
While i don't disagree with you, I don't think you're her type.

I know nothing of the actress but the show makes it pretty clear the character is as into hot bitches as /tv/ is.
>>
>>80718761
Oh shit, okay I'll watch that. Wire is also on amazon prime, so I guess I better watch that too.
>>
>>80718732
There's two major ones. The one where the Russian mafiosos and dirty cops tear each other apart and then the one between the Bosch/Hector and the other cop.

In the final Bosch is pinned down, all he has is a handgun. I don't care how tight your game is you're not going to pull fire superiority with a handgun against an elevated shooter with an automatic weapon. Hector's custom shotty made the difference in the fight.
>>
>>80718680
Bosch is honestly better. Justified has a lot of weak parts to it but's carried by the strong central characters and the action scenes.

Bosch is a production where the plot drives the story and all of the actors are just great at what they're doing.

Titus Welliver is comfy as fuck to watch.
>>
>>80718837
>he hasn't seen The Wire
>>
>>80718852
It did, but (a) Bosch could reload faster, and (b) the bad guy didn't give a fuck about Hector. He had a grudge against Bosch, expended most of his ammo shooting at Bosch, and was only throwing the grenades at Bosch. Dude had a grudge (mostly cuz Bosch needed zero bailing out at all at the bank, and I'm pretty sure it was Harry who shot him)
>>
>>80718902
This.

As good as Justified was, like most shows each season was created and written after the previous season was wrapped, so they had to make it up as they go. Bosch is based on a series of novels, and clearly the author has a plan, and the show writers are sticking with it.
>>
>>80718837
Yeah. "Sneaky Pete" was odd, in that the pilot was written by the dude who made House, so it has that feel of a "crime of the week," but then immediately changes tone in the 2nd ep, for the better. Characters who could have easily vanished forever join part of the larger plot, in the hands of a better writer.
>>
File: 1479114252739.jpg (9KB, 545x365px) Image search: [Google]
1479114252739.jpg
9KB, 545x365px
Wait, there's a show called Bosch?
>>
>>80719419
there are shows places besides Netflix, pleb
>>
>>80715411
Indeed I am.

>>80714586
BOSCH.... Change the name to Dyson or something you fucking retards, no one names their children "BOSCH" out of fear of being bullied.
>>
>>80721017
>I didn't watch the show, but I have opinions.

Bosch is his last name. Next time do the homework before raising your hand.
>>
>>80714586
My parents love this show

is it any good
>>
>>80721017
His name is hieronymus bosch
>>
>>80721215
Yes.
>>
>>80721215
Yes but you really need to finish your homework and cut back on the masturbating before you can start a new show, don't you think?
>>
I brought this up in the last Bosch thread I saw but I love the way this series shows Los Angeles in a new light, instead of "city: the prop".
>>
File: Annie Wersching Bosch.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Annie Wersching Bosch.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>80721789
Not easy to do, as most shows will just shoot somewhere else and say it's LA. By actually shooting there, they can really make it a character.
>>
>>80721195
>Bosch
German trash belongs in the trash along with your shitty show. Stop crying and admit I'm correct.
>>
>>80721940
yey
>>
>>80723847
Punch yourself
>>
>>80714628
Very comfy show.

>Marlo (Jamie Hector) proving he's actually a decent actor
This actually surprised me.
>>
>>80714586
I don't know how Welliver does it but it's very relaxing to see/hear him talk. Like in every damn scene he is just chill as fuck to watch even when shit is going down.
>>
Season 3 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVzNCm0d0uc
>>
>>80724581
I hate waiting
>>
>>80723847
DONALD. Logoff and get back to work, we've been over this.
>>
>>80724668
It's the internet, find something else to watch.

With S3 a month out, I'll be filling it by hate-watching Iron Fist while finishing Goliath, which is exquisite.
>>
>>80724719
check out "Quarry" too
>>
>>80724806
*googles*

Hmmm...
>pros
cinemax, hitman, set in the 1970s
>cons
first-time writers, no famous actors, co-created by a writer of "The Love Guru," set in the 1970s

Will consider.
>>
is this really worth watching? I started watching s1 when it was airing on a weekly basis, but got bored after e3 i think. Should I pick it up again? Im watching broadchurch too
>>
>>80725233
I enjoyed it more as it went on, and S2 > S1.

It's still a procedural, but the characters are well done, so it works.
>>
>>80725336
I love procedurals, I guess a lot was happening at that time and I couldnt give it time. Im downloading it now and Quarry as >>80724806
recommends
>>
>>80725199
Not the guy you're replying to. I like Bosch a lot, but Quarry is better and one of the absolute best shows airing right now.
I'm jealous that you will be seeing the first season for the first time.
>>
>>80722865
It being difficult must be true. So many shows seem to not even try to establish a real sense of place.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.