[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/the Hobbit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: the hobbit.webm (3MB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
the hobbit.webm
3MB, 800x334px
wait.. does this actually happen in the book, or..?
>>
yeah dude, beorn is in the book and appears at the BoFA. However tolkien is kinda shit at writing army battles so bilbo knocks his head and we just get to hear about everything that happened after it's done.
>>
>that gloom
>that cgi
>>
>>80714418

Well, the Eagles and Beorn are both part of the Battle of Five Armies, but it's not described in any detail. That's the trouble with adapting The Hobbit - much is left to happen off the page and related only after the fact, which is obviously terrible for a movie.
>>
>>80714581
>yeah dude
errr I'm a girl yes,I like LOTR, so what?
>>
>>80714418
Beorn actually single handily wins the battle in the book.

>In that last hour Beorn himself had appeared - no one knew how or from where. He came alone, and in bear's shape; and he seemed to have grown almost to giant-size in his wrath. The roar of his voice was like drums and guns; and he tossed wolves and goblins from his path like straws and feathers. He fell upon their rear, and broke like a clap of thunder through the ring. The dwarves were making a stand still about their lords upon a low rounded hill. Then Beorn stooped and lifted Thorin, who had fallen pierced with spears, and bore him out of the fray. Swiftly he returned and his wrath was redoubled, so that nothing could withstand him, and no weapon seemed to bite upon him. He scattered the bodyguard, and pulled down Bolg himself and crushed him. Then dismay fell on the Goblins and they fled in all directions.
>>
I wanted to see more elves get beat up desu
>>
>>80714645
No one cares.
>>
>>80714645
hey guess what, dude is a colloquial term referring to a person of any gender.

but this is just bait so whatever
>>
>>80714418
In the book Beorn mauls Bolg to death. Instead they gave that kill to Legolas in the most retarded way possible
>>
>>80714966
>hey guess what, dude is a colloquial term
it's not the early 2000 anymore
>>
>>80714581
>However Tolkien is kinda shit at writing army battles
>Tolkien is shit at writing things he never wrote
Your statement is true in the same sense that me saying "Every giraffe browsing this thread right now has pink hooves." is correct.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.