[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ingmar Bergman is an edgy faggot for making this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: SHame.jpg (72KB, 400x578px) Image search: [Google]
SHame.jpg
72KB, 400x578px
Ingmar Bergman is an edgy faggot for making this.
>>
>>80714248
All of his films are trash anyways except for The Seventh Seal
>>
>>80714450
Wild Strawberries is great.
>>
>>80715050
I fell asleep watching this movie.
>>
>>80714450
you mean Cries and Whispers
>>
>>80714450
Hour of the Wolf is GOAT
>>
>>80715142
no he means Fanny and Alexander
>>
I've watched many Bergmans and he rarely disappoints.
I can give him a couple of failures
>>
>>80714450
Autumn Sonata is great you contrarian.

>>80715199
This too.
>>
>>80715281
what are other failures? I wouldn't call Shame a failure; It's just relentlessly depressing for the sake of being depressing. The characters are just vehicles for his idea rather than standing on their own. There were only two great scenes between them.
>>
>>80715050
the worst of the ~10 Bergmans I've seen so far
>>
>>80715313
I havent watched Shame. I found The seventh seal and Through a glass darkly pretty weak.
>>
>>80715313
the serpent's egg
people here are just naming his best films
>>
>>80715428
>people here are just naming his best films

That's because this memer here >>80714450 called them all trash.
>>
>>80715313
he did a bunch of dull shit but he did like 60 movies or something so there's bound to be some trash in there.
>>
File: 1d8.png (335KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1d8.png
335KB, 600x600px
sure thing chad.
trump2020.
>>
>No mention of Through a Glass Darkly
Plebs all of you
>>
>>80715315
Super pleb detected, although a lot of nuance is lost if you don't speak the language.
>>
I don't like Bergmans films because they are too one dimensional in terms of the feel, a straight line of emotion.

He makes everyone and everything uttery hopeless and depressing and just doesn't let go for the whole movie. If you go in a straight line like that all the "bigger" moments in the film lose all their needed impact because everything was the basically the same till then, there is no contrast or reference to that emotion.
For example, Manchester by the Sea wouldn't work if it was just Casey Affleck being depressed the whole movie, you have to have some contrast. So Lonergan put (along with the past narrative) all of those genuinely funny situational humor which doesn't break the tone of the film at all, but it grounds the narrative and makes all the heavy scenes more powerful/impactful.

Now I'm not saying Bergman should insert some factor of comic relief in his films, it could be just an element of beauty that get's repeated, something colorful/vibrant or even someone being overexpressive.
Just any other counter balance in the film to make his work stand out even more.

eEd of blog post.
>>
>>80714450
Persona
>>
Cries & Whispers is the saddest film ever made.
>>
>>80714248
No he isn't
>>80714450
What a fucking pleb lmao
>>
>>80718595
let me guess... your top 10 is all criterion flicks?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.