[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there no good WH40k movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2164.png (260KB, 874x892px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2164.png
260KB, 874x892px
Why are there no good WH40k movies?
>>
>>80713404

TO HARD TO MAKE AT THE MOMENT
>>
>>80713773
too*

FUCK
>>
anyone interested in it are basement dwelling neckbeards. so obviously the only interesting one is homemade.
>>
WH40k is campy over-the-top fun. If it got a movie it'd probably be Snyder-fied where the tone was completely misinterpreted. Really, everytime I try to think of how Hollywood would botch it I now I just keep imagining Space Marines vs Chaos: Dawn of Justice
>>
>>80713404

Gamesworkshop are Jews when it comes to prices and like to make their rules impossibly hard to understand so normies won't touch them.
>>
File: EVENT-HORIZON.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EVENT-HORIZON.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
>>80713404
Isn't Event Horizon a spiritual prequel?
>>
Space Marines would be hard to do without looking sort of ridiculous. I think something focusing on the Guard might work better, with the Space Marines perhaps dropping in later on
>>
A totally rad 90s version with all the old fluff and crappy fx would have been amazing. Anything that got made now would be bland as fuck and just one of the cut scenes from DOW stretched out into a film. The whole setting has been watered down to fuck these days.
>>
Whatever happened to that CG fanfilm?
>>
>>80713995

Event horizon is sort of related to the point I was gonna make.

40k is a like Lovecraft's work in that while it doesn't translate well to film the concepts and themes are still very prevelant in film. i.e Even horizon is very lovecraftian and in a similar sense Starship troopers is very 40k.
>>
>>80714395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

It's coming along, in pieces now though instead of feature length. Unless you're talking about a different fan film.
>>
>While working with Ian Watson on the story for A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), Kubrick asked Watson for a pre-print copy of his Warhammer 40,000 tie-in novel Inquisitor. Watson quotes Kubrick as saying, "Who knows, Ian? Maybe this is my next movie?".
>>
Who do you envision when you think of warhammer?

for me it's a pudgy guy who likes nu-metal with an epic manly (patchy, pubic hair) beard

what kind of studio thinks they will get a return on investment by making a movie that appeals to only those people or if they try to mainstream it and alienate the original group from seeing it
>>
>>80713919
I would still watch a 40k movie that took itself seriously, because no matter how hard they tried it would still be ridiculous.
>>
>>80714998

Fuck me I never heard this. Watson-40k as a movie would have been insane
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.