[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait a sec...can somebody remind me how the fuck Argo won best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Wait a sec...can somebody remind me how the fuck Argo won best picture over Zero Dark Thirty? And hoe JLaw beat Chastain for best actress? Am I missing something here? Was Zero Dark too raw with it's depictions of torture to win? It was the FAR better movie. Also, why didn't Bigelow get nominated? Opinions here please
>>
CIADF buttblasted
>>
Zero Dark Thirty was forgettable, but then again so was Argo.

Life of Pi should have won
>>
>>80704387
Lol seriously though. Even though the entire raid might've been fabricated, is there anybody out there can can say Argo was better than this?
>>
It felt redundant to reward Bigelow after Hurt Locker, same reason why critics shat on Heaven's Gate after Deer Hunter was showered in oscars, or why Live By Night was ignored. Critics and especially Academy kikes are morons.
>>
ZDT was fucking boring.
It manages to be a film about finding Osama, which happened during production by the way, with almost no tension.
>>
>>80704441
>Life of Pi should have won

Loved that movie too

>Zero Dark Thirty was forgettable

Absolutely not. I might be bias as I love the subject matter so I would naturally rate it higher than a Moonlight type movie (all things being somewhat equal), but this movie felt excellent in every possible way to me, especially Chastain's performance. I feel it's criminally underrated

>>80704452
>It felt redundant to reward Bigelow after Hurt Locker

This probably played a large part
>>
Can't give a woman filmmaker TWO Oscars, OP, what are you, CRAZY?
>>
Jessica Chastain is a garbage actress.
>>
>>80704373
Chastain fucking sucks and so does jlaw and so did both movies
>>
>>80704480
>ZDT was fucking boring.
>with almost no tension.

Sorry it didn't have a Mary Sue type like a Star Wars movie, or the fact it relied on story, script, and score to build tension rather than epic knifefights.

I found it one of the most gripping and tense movies I've ever seen
>>
>>80704596
>I found it one of the most gripping and tense movies I've ever seen
Then you're a moron.
>>
Jennifer deserved that Oscar.
>>
ZDT wasn't very good. The Benghazi movie where Jim Halpert from The Office kills brown people was superior.
>>
Zero Dark Thirty was okay. Argo was only marginally better, but none of them deserved the win. Then again, that year was particularly weak.

>Silver Linings Playbook
>Beasts of the Southern Wilds
>Django Unchained

I mean look at this shit. Mediocrity out the ass. OP, I'm glad you found joy in at least ZDT, because the 2013 Oscars was a general disappointment for me.
>>
File: Devy.jpg (539KB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
Devy.jpg
539KB, 5184x3456px
>>80704764
BOOM! Ha HA! SPLOSION!

*360-degree low angle hero cam shot*

Paaaaatriotisssssmmmm! Ohhhh sayyyy cannnn youuuu seeeee?

[hand over American heart intensifies]

*shaky cut*

"WE GOTTA BE AMERICAN HEROES, NOW! NOW!!!"

KaBOOM, right?
>>
>>80704373
You think it was a far better movie.

Learn what opinions are.
>>
>>80704373
Probably because Bigelow was being called the modern day Leni Riefenstahl.
>>
>>80704866
It was more like,

>shoots a terrorist clean in the head
>looks straight at the camera and makes that Jim face

But you probably got stuck with the UK version of The Office.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.