[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aguirre the wrath of god

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: aguirre the wrath of god.jpg (38KB, 386x400px) Image search: [Google]
aguirre the wrath of god.jpg
38KB, 386x400px
I refuse to believe this is a number of people's favorite movie on this board. This was a 5/10 at best.
>>
>>80702016
stroszek is the same for me
>>
>>80702016
Agreed, john wick would have kicked aquirre's ass
>>
What didn't you like about it?
>>
File: 1488826273839.gif (135KB, 950x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488826273839.gif
135KB, 950x600px
all the boring rafting was made up for by the few scenes where stuff actually happened. The wrath of god monologue was kino and if you can't appreciate it you belong on reddit.
>>
>>80702016
This is a fantastic movie what is wrong with it? Its Apocalypse Now with conquistadors
>>
all the boring rafting was made up for by the few scenes where stuff actually happened. The wrath of god monologue was kino and if you can't appreciate it you belong on reddit.
>>
>>80702016
>I refuse to believe this is a number of people's favorite movie on this board. This was a 5/10 at best.
Agree. His documentaries are better. Also Werner is overrated but this is to be expected in creative draught decades
>>
>>80702016
>wants to discuss movie
>pretends to hate it
sage and hide
>>
>>80702091
>>80702095
>>80702308
>>80702357
The movie has no energy to it, it looks amateurish as fuck and the clash with the indians has no sense of tension or awe to it. The spanish captain never makes a return or gets any dialogue again after being shot but they obsess over him forever until they just get rid of him with nothing more added to it. The woman asking for help from the priest doesn't add up to anything either. The two indians being picked up have that scene and are never seen again. The character interactions are not developed and are not interesting because of it. That daughter relation is never explained nor elaborated upon. The supposed "kino speech" is okay but it's nothing special and has been done many times before. The movie is just in a sleeping state the whole time and has no ebb or flow to it. On top of this the dialogue is all seemingly re-recorded in post even though it's not a dub which makes it feel even more amateur. At the end when they were going for the kino shot revolving around the boat it was done so badly that all I could see was Werner sitting behind his bobbing camera.
It's not a very long film yet it dragged like hell, his supposed heart of darkness story of descent into madness is not done in a gradual manner that's intriguing and the character's reactions to him isn't either. He just has them on board early and once he does there's nothing more to it apart from one guy who very late talks about running away and someone kills him, apart from this we just see Kinski walking around making an "I'm acting" stern face and leans on his side and he does this through many many scenes which contain no other content.
The intro scene was great. The rest was mediocre. A very hollow movie otherwise. And I love the age of exploration so it's not that.
>>
great acting performances, great setting and great cinematography but a really weak plot and one dimensional characters

still one of the best movies of its era and one of the few that aged well
>>
>>80702864
>one of the best movies of its era
70s weren't exactly lacking in good movies, this one is merely passable. If it wasn't Herzog directing it no one would care.
>>
>>80703366
this is literally the movie that made herzog famous though
>>
>>80702016
ok
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.