[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans need to believe in the Big Foot meme legend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 19

File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
Why do Americans need to believe in the Big Foot meme legend?
It was scientifically proven that the Big Foot in USA were all known animals. Most of the samples were from bears
In that Big Foot Files series.
>>
>he doesn't believe in bigfoot

Drink more flouride
>>
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14KB, 300x358px) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
14KB, 300x358px
Humans have an inherent necessity for fulfilling their need for metaphysical comprehension in the simplest, most digestible possible way, hence why /x/-core pseudoscientific nonsense is so popular. Do you really expect anyone who wants to believe in bigfoot to be merely dissuaded by proof? Do you really think there's any appeal to reason in here? They've already made up their mind, anon. Their quest to find this mythical creature is beyond the rational.
>>
>>80693277
So they're irrationally stupid?
>>
>>80693736
Pretty much desu.
>>
>It was scientifically proven that the Big Foot in USA were all known animals. Most of the samples were from bears

That's not scientifically disproving Big Foot. That's only weeding out not-Bigfoot "evidence."

I am not saying Bigfoot exists, but don't think every species of animal has been discovered -- because they haven't.
>>
File: 1482255398506.jpg (214KB, 1260x710px) Image search: [Google]
1482255398506.jpg
214KB, 1260x710px
>>80691093
can't tell if this is bait or not
>>
>>80691093

americans are so heavily propagandized, unedicated and medicated that they have trouble discerning reality
>>
>>80693915
it's not. Why would anyone want to believe in the exist of the Bigfoot in the first place?
>>
>>80693830
Not a single clear photo in over a 100 years is enough to put it to rest.

Compare Bigfoot to a moose. They're both large deep forest animals that have habitats that do not often border normal human land.
And yet we have millions of photos of moose.
Not one of Bigfoot
>>
>>80693957
Same reason why people believe any fringe thing.
So that they can feel like the have a one up on everyone else

>You're all so dumb, I know the truth
It doesn't matter what it really is. Chemtrails, Bigfoot, aspartame. Whatever.
It makes them feel special for believing something that people generally don't
>>
>>80694014
I bet you believe the earth is a sphere despite no clear photos showing it to be.
>>
>>80691093
because it's fun and because the Patterson film is still unrecreatable like 50 years later.
>>
>>80694316
The Patterson film is the sketchiest thing ever
>couple of guys want to get rich filming bigfoot
>go out and take footage of one within the first day
Gee, that sounds legit.

And yeah "Unrecreatable"
In what way?
>>
>>80694435
The supposed "suit" they used has never been convincingly recreated, even by pro special effects teams. The muscle placement, body movement, and jiggle in certain areas (such as the breasts) are uncannily realistic and ape-like, especially for something supposedly stitched together or borrowed from some corny Halloween costume shop by two dopes.
>>
File: patterson film.gif (4MB, 1070x216px) Image search: [Google]
patterson film.gif
4MB, 1070x216px
>>80694602
>The supposed "suit" they used has never been convincingly recreated, even by pro special effects teams.

That's a strong claim
Do you have any comparisons to a "pro sfx team" version?
>>
It's fun to think that we still haven't actually seen everything that lives near our civilization. The deep ocean shit is too creepy to think about, so we make up dumb shit like Bigfoot.
>>
>>80691093
Big foot sightings are people actually seeing the ghosts of primitive man.
>>
>>80694682
I feel like I would just embarass myself if I linked to some blogspot or conspiracy site, but considering the film was made in 1967 it would make whoever hoaxed it one of the greatest costume designer of the era. Compare it to the costumes of Planet of the Apes (1968). Fucking garbage compared to whatever is in that video.
>>
>>80695020
>Fucking garbage compared to whatever is in that video.
What makes you say that?
I rather like the original Planet of the Apes costumes.
>>
>>80695020
Planet of the Apes does have good costume design what the hell are you on
>>
>>80695102
>>80695108
Good costume design =/= an accurate depiction of what a 7 foot tall ape man would move like or what its physical build would be. The thing in the Patterson video is jacked, turns its entire body to look around like a gorilla, and has actual jiggle in its muscles.
>>
>>80695209
Maybe they glued hair on a tall naked guy and had him walk a few feet.

But seriously nigga these faggots were making a Bigfoot movie and just "happened" to film one.

They didnt chase it and film more. They didnt film its footprints. They didnt pan the camera. They didnt try to follow it.

Its fucking fake.
>>
>>80691093
Famous niggers believe the Earth is a flat plane. Is it really so hard to believe that trailer trash and conspiracy theorist whackjobs would convince themselves the 'scientific proof' about Bigfoot = bears is a lie or some sort of government coverup?
>>
>>80695327
The point where the film stops is where they ran out of film.

>they didn't chase
>they didn't try to follow it
Would you? Seriously?
>>
>>80695209
>turns its entire body to look around like a gorilla
Or like a guy who has his mobility restricted by a costume

It's a nice costume but the circumstances are just too ridiculous to be plausible.
Two guys who want to make a Bigfoot documentary just finds a Bigfoot the moment they start looking
AND one of the guys had ties with an admitted Bigfoot hoaxer
>>
>>80695493
>ran out of film

Thats such a bullshit excuse

>would you?

If I found fucking BIGFOOT? And had film equipment? Your damn right I would, hell id do a lot more than film what they did.

But it doesnt matter because its a fucking FAKE
>>
>>80695327
Also apparently they did return and make plaster casts of the footprints. Not that there aren't a million of these out there already.
>>
>>80695581
That looks like a pretty fucking fake footprint, mate
The toes are too cartoonishly perfect
>>
>>80695579
No you wouldn't, you be shitting your pants.

>thats such a bullshit excuse
They had two rolls, the first one was exhausted filming the creature.
>>
>you come across Sasquatch in the woods
>he tries to step on you with his big feet

wat do?
>>
>>80691093
Big foot is real. I know.

I never saw one but i smelt one and heard it. He tore a tree down. I found the tree next morning. Tore from the roots. No other way to explain it. Bigfoot is real.
>>
>>80695493
>>80695682
They were there specifically to find a Sasquatch, were on horseback, and had a fucking gun

No excuse to at least try to chase it
>>
>>80695682
Id be shitting my pants out of excitment that im filming a creature that isnt real.

Anon im sorry that you are unable to come to terms that Bigfoot is a lie, and im sure its especially hard since youve wasted much of your life watching countless Bigfoot TV programs and browsing fan sites.

But anon. It isnt real. Waifus are more real than Bigfoot.

Let it go anon. Let it go.
>>
>>80695575
>Two guys who want to make a Bigfoot documentary just finds a Bigfoot the moment they start looking
they camped in the mountains for 3 days by the time they got that footage.

you're right that they were there to make a bigfoot documentary. there had been a number of recent reports in that area which is why they chose to explore there. i personally think the footage is authentic and that they got extremely lucky capturing a highly rare and elusive animal on film
>>
>>80695781
>potentially aggravating and having to kill bigfoot
that's just evil mate
>>
>>80695857
Their goal was to become famous proving that Bigfoot is real

Nothing says "real" like a corpse
>>
>>80695781
both men had agreed not to kill anything on the expedition iirc

they also said that the horses were spooked by the thing and wouldnt go near it. Patterson literally jumps off his horse and runs after the thing while he's filming, that's why there's so much motion blur in the original footage
>>
>>80695907
Apparently one of Patterson's dying regrets was that he had shot the thing on sight for that reason, so I guess you're not alone.
>>
>>80691093
Shill alert.
>>
>>80695961
*was that he had not
>>
Approximately seven years ago, I met Bigfoot. I was out hiking in the Collins Mountains alone during the summer. It was midday and I had sat down to get a drink and rest in the shade away from the hot sun. As I was pulling my canteen from my bag, I heard a noise. I dismissed this initial noise as the rustling of branches by a bird or the falling of a stick. But soon after the first noise came a second. It sounded as though someone had jumped up and landed hard on the ground with a stomp. I spun around and locked eyes with the beast.

He stood over 7' tall and had a thick coat of hair at least 4" long across nearly his while body. He stood in an aggressive stance, as though he was a wrestler preparing to grapple me. I stood perfectly still, frozen in place by pure freight. His dark brown eyes scanned my body and his posture continued to get more and more tense. He made a low growl before springing the most sudden of erections. His large, thick penis shot up out of the cover of his body hair into plain sight. It was as though his genitalia was a switchblade, releasing with a spring-like motion. His fleshy penis was as thick as a can of soup and nearly as long as my forearm. It possessed a peculiar tense quality, as if it was a solid muscle flexing.

I immediately turned and began to run. From my mouth came no sound. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. I wanted to plead for mercy. But instead I just ran. I didn't think of looking back. I didn't hesitate with any of my steps. I bolted in one direction and never deviated. I ran for 12 hours straight without break until I collapsed in a pile of leaves, drifting out of consciousness. The next day a group of campers found me, giving me water and transport to safety.

I never went back to this woods but I dream of that beast and his cock every night.
>>
>>80695907
If anyone ever came in with a bigfoot corpse they shot i would think "cool. Thats settled" then i would do everything in my power to put that asshole in jail.

Technically it is 100 percent legal to sh[t bigfoot in texas.
>>
>>80696033
I knew there was going to be a dick. I knew it. Here's your (You)
>>
>>80696033
>tfw you drop acid and your dad rapes you
>>
>>80696042
Too bad bigfoot sightings only occur in dirty hippie Cascadia.
>>
>>80696132
Thanks, Anon. That's why I'm here.
>>
File: 1481080855140.gif (665KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481080855140.gif
665KB, 500x375px
>>80694014
bruh there haven't been any clear photos because bigfoot exists on more than one plane of existence and is thus constantly "blurry"

check m8 redditer
>>
>>80696168
nah there's sightings reported pretty much anywhere with high altitude and dense forest. there's also the alleged swamp apes of the southeastern US
>>
>>80695984
Shill for?
>>
If Sasquatch is real, why didn't Indians depict them in their art?
Don't you think a Sasquatch would be part of the totem pole?
>>
>>80696298
>muh blur
>>
>>80696440
Because bigfoot is native to only one region, and actually there are native legends about bigfoot like shit. But there are also native legends about all kinds of weird shit, why would you even care what they think?
>>
File: totem pole.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
totem pole.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>80696560
Bigfoots are native to this region though

Bears were seen as important due to their similarity to men.
Wouldn't Bigfoot be even more important because it is much more like a man than a bear?
>>
Dudes
Legit Bigfoot video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5cqbsCJ3gQ

It'll make you understand everything
>>
>>80696643
Well if you really care so much:
http://www.native-languages.org/legends-bigfoot.htm
>>
>>80696440
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_People_of_the_Pryor_Mountains
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>80691093
Tonight, on another Unsolved Mysteries...
>>
>>80696869
That's kinds like the opposite of Bigfoot
>>
File: IMG_7155.jpg (124KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7155.jpg
124KB, 630x354px
>scroll through bigfoot thread
>no picture of joe rogan
>>
>>80696404
By the government to cover up Bigfoot.
>>
>>80696033
ill believe it
>>
What do Bigfeet eat?
>>
>>80697179
Tendies
>>
>ITT: CIA shills try to refute Bigfoot evidence
>>
>>80693277
Schopenhauer's obviously never had a 10 foot ape-beast staring him down in the woods. Maybe if he did a little hiking instead of writing poetry I'd agree with his stance on bigfoot.
>>
>>80697273
>CIA

Nigga im as far away from CIA as you can get, holy shit man. Im sitting here drinking vodka and gatorade surrounded by a mountain of action figures while listening to Dr. Dre.

Fuck of nigga
>>
>>80697455
Ah so you're KGB. Tell Putin to stop hacking the world.
>>
>>80697511
>see that election?
>you can hack it!
>>
>>80697040
>Joe Rogain

Blessed is my go to guy for yeti info.
https://youtu.be/U3AzFk-i1Bk
>>
File: they use hax.png (180KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
they use hax.png
180KB, 500x284px
>>80697179
Only the best.
>>
File: moneymaker.png (448KB, 838x480px) Image search: [Google]
moneymaker.png
448KB, 838x480px
>>80691093
Because it's fun.
>>
>>80697179
Babies
>>
>>80693925
>unedicated

wew
>>
File: 2014_07_Bigfoot-DNA.jpg (60KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
2014_07_Bigfoot-DNA.jpg
60KB, 1200x798px
>>80697273
it was scientifically proven that all the DNA samples were from other animals and all the stories about the sasquatsh are fakes
>>
>>80693925
you could also use this as an argument for why most people don't believe in bigfoot
>>
>>80693925
americans are so heavily propagandized and yet the rest of the world has much more government control of their media. You can't even post an image of violence in France with out an official journalist card.
>>
I've always loved the idea of Bigfoot and have wished to see one my whole life because it would be so scary and cool, but yeah, I doubt they are real. I could believe it back in the day when sightings were restricted to just Northern California and the PNW, but nowadays you have every retard and their grandma saying they've seen it in places like Iowa, Alabama, New Jersey, etc. Totally implausible at best and undermines all legitimacy of such a creature. If it were in every fucking state, many of which do not even have a viable ecosystem for such a species to survive, it would have been 100% documented by now. There's literally nowhere for it to live and hide in places like Iowa or North Dakota because it's all flat farmland and open Plains, and yet still there are dozens/hundreds of sightings all the same.
>>
>>80696146
kek
>>
>>80698181
He's literally right there testing his own semen m8.
>>
>>80698181
there have been situations where the sample comes back as an unknown animal

they talk about it at the end of this video

https://vimeo.com/136887947
>>
>>80698253

>yet the rest of the world has much more government control of their media

o i am laffin

America's problem isn't that the government controls the media, it's that the companies that own the media also own the government.
>>
File: bigfoot gigantopithecus.jpg (64KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot gigantopithecus.jpg
64KB, 400x588px
>>80698276
>If it were in every fucking state, many of which do not even have a viable ecosystem for such a species to survive, it would have been 100% documented by now.

There are more deer in the U.S. now then when Columbus discovered the Americas, because human farms are the best ecosystem, so there is plenty of Bigfoot to live off.

But Bigfoot has to be fake, as there is no way in hell that an 8’ tall 500 lb species of hominid could maintain a viable breeding population in the U.S. (anywhere in the U.S.) yet continue to remain undiscovered right up into the 21st century.

If Bigfoots were real, hunters would have bagged dozens of them long ago back in the 1800s.
>>
>>80693915
>tfw i durn to ya
>>
>>80696883
UPDATE APPARENTLY NO ONE GIVES A SHIT SO FUCK EM
>>
>>80691093
Ive known a few people that watch this stuff, but none that actually believed it was real.

Had a gf that told that her and her old man would sit around this and just make fun of how stupid it was. I think most if not all the audience considers this entertainment, not to be taken seriously
>>
>Finding Bigfoot lasts for 10+ seasons across 7 years
>Literally never once found anything at all

Really makes you think.
>>
>>80698860
>If Bigfoots were real, hunters would have bagged dozens of them long ago back in the 1800s.

they were called mountain devils back then. theodore roosevelt heard a story that he later included in his autobiography about two fur trappers in montana who were supposedly stalked by one. it's actually really cool.

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgpVBsMDa78
>>
File: TR vs Bigfoot.jpg (3MB, 1920x1242px) Image search: [Google]
TR vs Bigfoot.jpg
3MB, 1920x1242px
>>80699725

There has to be enough Bigfoots around to have more baby Bigfoots and if there are enough of them around to breed, then humans would have found them long ago.

A viable breeding population of 8' tall Bigfoots can't "hide".
>>
I saw Bigfoot at a grocery store near the mountains yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>80699998
if they exist in small enough numbers and are relegated to remote and desolate areas and are able to migrate/cover wide ranges then i think it's totally plausible that bigfoot-like creatures could exist without mass detection.
>>
>>80691093
Les Stroud has the best bigfoot show

Also his story about something mysterious making a ruckus behind a treeline in Alaska is interesting
>>
>>80700646
Not really

There hasn't been any new megafauna discovered for almost a 100 years
>>
>>80700680
As vast and dense as the forests are in North America a small population could go unnoticed like tribes in the Amazon
>>
>>80700680
ok? all i said was that it's plausible. if you assume that they like to remain unnoticed and typically flee when discovered then it accounts for why a bigfoot-like creature would exist as an urban legend but remain a sort of unspoken truth in more rural areas
>>
>>80700679
As someone who follows Bigfoot research and shit, Les has unfortunately lost a lot of my respect I once had for him back in his old Survivorman days. He constantly collaborates with Todd Standing who is a known, constant hoaxer. Les also is starting to believe some really crazy stuff like a theory that Bigfoot can communicate telepathically and says he has experienced this himself. Either he's lost it or is full of shit. Quite sad.
>>
>>80695579
You would definitely NOT go after bigfoot if you had just seen it walk by. I stumbled across a Moose in Montana this summer along a lake, and I fucking took off. You don't fuck with animals in the wild. As you sit in your fat fuck chair here, it seems like a good idea. But being feet from them with no protection around you is a different story.
>>
>>80693277

Schopenhauer believed the Will to existence was supernatural.
>>
My ex (lakota girl in ND) claimed to have seen bigfoot on the prairie like 20 times. Her grandma would leave leftovers on the deck for it. I used to bring up:

>no bodie
>massive primate that would need lots of food, yet no good food source other than peoples' trash cans, yet no one catches him
>breeding populations
>no photos

We broke up.
>>
File: bigfoot-monster-truck-920-3.jpg (249KB, 919x609px) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot-monster-truck-920-3.jpg
249KB, 919x609px
>>80700646
>i think it's totally plausible that bigfoot-like creatures could exist without mass detection.

No it's not plausible; how is a species supposed to successfully breed, when there are hardly any of them and they're widely scattered across the country?

Migrating Bigfoots looking for mates would be getting hit by cars all the time.
>>
File: Marlin.jpg (196KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Marlin.jpg
196KB, 800x600px
>>80701708
>But being feet from them with no protection around you is a different story.

Well, there's your problem.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (41KB, 499x341px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
41KB, 499x341px
>>80694014

Moose aren't sentient.
>>
File: 1464934549835.png (246KB, 484x605px) Image search: [Google]
1464934549835.png
246KB, 484x605px
>>80699725
>*Not a real bigfoot*
Was that disclaimer really necessary?
>>
Ballsack
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.