[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it all worth it in the end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: i-saw-the-devil1[1].jpg (262KB, 840x1244px) Image search: [Google]
i-saw-the-devil1[1].jpg
262KB, 840x1244px
Was it all worth it in the end?
>>
is there more korean kino like this?
>>
>>80690137
Chaser
>>
>>80690137
Oldboy
>>
I remember someone who understood korean said that the title had dual meanings that were lost in the translation to english
>>
>>80690185
>>80690215
seen oldboy already was amazing

Was thinking about watching
A bittersweet life next is it worth it?
>>
>>80690185
>>80690215
these are both far better and this is coming from someone who liked ISTD
>>
>>80689867
Tom & Jerry: Koreaboo Edition
>>
>>80690403
Yes, great movie. Watch Memories of Murder after, then watch Chaser and A Tale of Two Sisters.

You will become a kino god senpai.

>>80690252
Most Korean movie names don't translate well, or just get changed eg "The Yellow Sea" is called "Murderer" in Korea.
>>
>>80690454
OP post was referring to the ending of that specific
movie which was pretty hard hitting imo
>>
>>80689867
Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>80690137
I think the closest thing to this movie is sympathy for mr. vengeance (the first part of the trilogy with old boy being the 2nd). It's not as ridiculously over the top but it's got that same flow of shit progressively going from bad to worse and finally to the point of everything being irredeemably fucked.
>>
>>80690612
He scarred the guys family mentally who didnt even care for the guy.
They said earlier in the movie if the main policy holder of the insurance dies
they get the money anyway.
>>
>>80689867
I didn't think it was. Only one sequence I really enjoyed and the rest was just boring mindless violence.
Yeah I know you're on about the 'hero'. No it wasn't for him at all
>>
>>80690693
They did care for him. And he ended up killing the guy. Plan accomplished. Feeling remorse is just being a pussy.
>>
>get your best friends killed
>ruin your life, probably facing life imprisonment at the least
Yeah sure it was worth it
>>
>>80690735
Actually he had the family kill him. Tip top move to fuck em over.
>>
>>80690493
Ah, yes. My favorite episode of Tom and Jerry was when Jerry murdered a pregnant cat without a second thought
>>
>>80691086
>missing the point this hard
No wonder you like this movie: You're fucking dumb!
>>
>>80691214
You had a point? That everything with violence is akin to Tom and Jerry, that is fucking dumb, friend.
>>
>>80691518
You think that's the point that's even MORE fucking dumb.

Think about Tom & Jerry, the basic structure of the cartoon. What happens in the cartoon? What happens in I Saw the Devil?
>>
>>80691571
Not that guy, but I'd just like to point out that you're an idiot.
>>
>>80691966
You're a complete fool defending an even bigger idiot than I possibly could be.
>>
>>80692038
>watches i saw the devil
>that reminds me of tom and jerry

/yup, you're an idiot.
>>
>>80692111
The whole movie is spent by the killer getting relentlessly outwitted and assraped by the protagonist like it's a slapstick cartoon involving a cat constantly getting outwitted and assraped by a mouse.
Oh fuck I guess I had to spoonfeed you the whole thing. Learn to critically think you prole.
>>
>>80692207
>Every movie that is cat and mouse is Tom and Jerry
Lemme guess, you think the term came the cartoon.
>>
>>80692355
Lemme guess you think I Saw the Devil is anything other than edgy derivative Koreaboo Tom & Jerry.
>>
autism
>>
>>80692425
I'll take that as "I had to look it up and I'll le trolle now instead of admitting I was wrong :^)"
>>
>>80692792
Retard I watched the movie when it came out. It's horrible and the over-long and gratuitously stupid. Watching it as a slapstick comedy made it 100x better.
>>
>>80693090
Yeah, I meant the term. Because suffice to say that you don't even know what cat and mouse is or think Tom and Jerry invented it like a cartoon loving manchild. Also I thought violence had nothing at all to do with the comparison, yet you keep bringing it up. At least try
>>
>>80693371
You idiot, I called it Tom & Jerry because it was like Tom & Jerry. Watching the killer getting comically sliced up and hobbling away and never getting one over on the cop was like watching Tom getting assraped and outsmarted by Jerry.
>>
>>80690454
>>80690215
>not watching the superior Obsession that handles similar themes

you China worshiping gook lovers are faggoits
>>
>>80689867
Got too distracted while watching this to continue after like an hour and a bit in, was cool, the bit in the taxi (?) was kino. Got to a bit where the murderer was about to creep on some chick in a shop then the main char came in, something like that.

Worth finishing? Kind of was iffy on it, not a fan of the shit like chopping up the pregnant chick, made me deeply uncomfortable but then that's probably the point
>>
>>80693761
It gets even better and it's worth it for the ending a great buildup
>>
>>80691214
jesus christ you are embarrassing
>>
Cure was really good.
>>
>>80689867
Fuck no. All he accoplished was killing off a guy who didnt give a fuck about who or what he killed.
>>
>>80689867
Great film but it pissed me off how this good cop was just letting people get assaulted and killed just to play the long game.
>>
>>80689867
Awesome film.
>>
>>80689867
ending ruined this movie for me, exact opposite of the mind blowing memories of murder
>>
>>80696775
This is japanese, but seriously no mentions??

best film listed here
>>
>>80697032
he was blinded by revenge.

>>80689867
great film. I love it. In the end, the protagonist weeps because his revenge hasn't filled the void left by the loss of his wife. He reached his goal and was left unsatisfied, and he realized that everything leading up to that moment wasn't worth it.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.