[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best of the LOTR trilogy and why is it obviously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

What is the best of the LOTR trilogy and why is it obviously Return of the King?
>>
Two Towers

/thread
>>
>>80678525
the books
>>
>>80678525
Don't confuse most fun to watch with the best. Fellowship is objectively the best, but Return of the King is still my favorite one to watch if I had to pick one.
>>
Clearly Fellowship.

Possibly also Two Towers, but clearly not Return.
>>
>>80678584
*tips
>>
File: Freda(Filmfigur).jpg (76KB, 331x464px) Image search: [Google]
Freda(Filmfigur).jpg
76KB, 331x464px
>>80678563
WHERE IS MUMMER
>>
>It's all one movie.
>>
>>80678525
recently rewatched it, they're all pretty meh to be honest and the final fight is lame as fuck.

it was a bit scary as a kid but it's quite boring and cliche nowadays
>>
>>80678588
This.
>>
>>80678525
Return of the King is the more grandiose one, it's the one that really pushed LotR above Star Wars in terms of quality and made people really pay attention to the series, with all the oscars it won, the emotional drama and huge scale wars that had never been seen before in films, at least not with that production value. I remember LotR still only being considered kinda of a geek thing at the time Fellowship was released, and then Two Towers just developed in on it.

But Fellowship is without a doubt the one that aged the best and that I now can easily say is the best in the trilogy.
>>
>>80678588
As a film RotK is a real mess and it has some of the least natural landscape shots and the most cgi. It's a lot coarser to watch than the Fellowship, and the Fellowship has a natural following from the mystery and growing menace of the flight from the shire up to the breaking. It also has two satisfying deaths.
>>
>>80679032
But the ending just dragged on, and on, and on
>>
end of two towers is GOAT
>>
>>80679298
Really splatters the bladder
>>
Fellowship is by far the best one. They were all so tired by the end.
>>
>>80679298

It's wrapping up 11+ hours of cinema, and it wraps it all up tightly.

What else can you do?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12572278
>>
>>80678868
dont be THAT guy anon
>>
Fellowship, easily. Perfect intro, climax and conclusion.
>>
File: makek.png (323KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
makek.png
323KB, 1024x512px
>>80679420
KEK
>>
>>80679175
>two satisfying deaths
Gandalf didn't die you mong
>>
Fellowship is the best one, in fact it is the only good one
>>
Fellowship is the best because it captures the feeling of setting out on a great adventure so well. the other two are more war films
>>
>>80679569
But it made you think he did you stinky nigger
>>
>>80678525
>the film with Sean Bean
>the film with talking trees and Gollum
>the film with dead Saruman at the beginning in the best scenario, Sean Bean's boring family, and the Phantom Army Ex Machina

Which is the best, hmmm?
>>
Fellowship of the Ring is the best and nothing you can ever say will change that
It is perfect kino
Its introduction to characters is perfect
Its set pieces are perfect
Its fight scenes are perfect
Its pacing is perfect
Its dialogue is perfect
It is literally the only film of the three that could truly stand on its own
Two towers dabbles too much in their hint amongst the plains, the best part of the whole movie happens before the climax and said climax is what everyone jizzes all over
Return of the king fucked up on the pacing at the end and they tried too many one like need for Normie's that makes it impossible to be better than the other two
>>
>>80679684
TT doesn't turn into a war film until the last 30 minutes.
>>
>>80681062
Fellowship isn't perfect and has it's problems, but it's overall the best film in the trilogy. Nothing beats that scene on the Bridge of Khazad - dum, Flight to the Ford and when Uruk came.
>>
>>80679032
Two Towers took it from nerd culture to normie's because literally hundreds of gallons of lady goo was produced due to Legoals and Aragorn
The thing that takes films from good shit to normie city always has and always will be when you can get copious amounts of girls and women to finger themselves to the male leads
Say what you will, it's how it is
>>
>>80679569
>Gandalf didn't die you mong
He absolutely did. But he's on a mission from god, you can't chince out of that shit with a doctor's note.
>>
>>80681183
https://youtu.be/Fd33nTCt8NQ
>>
Obviously the best one is the one that had Galadriel riverdancing in it
>>
Now which version is the best to watch? And does anyone got a good download link that isn't YIFY.
>>
File: 1489495108466.jpg (139KB, 676x648px) Image search: [Google]
1489495108466.jpg
139KB, 676x648px
>>80678868
>>80679459

Thank you for being that guy anon. Its true.
>>
>>80681634
extended editions in highest resolution. Blue filter sucks but your brain will get used to it.
>>
>>80678525
the hobbit
>>
>>80681341
>this entire song
Yeah, whoever says fellowship isn't the best one is a fucking idiot. Get checked for an extra chromosome.
>>
Fellowship and it's not close.

Introduces the characters and world.
Sense of adventure, wonder, unknown.
Doesn't get bogged down with multiple sets of characters in multiple places.
No overly long action sequences.
No schlock.
>>
>>80681742
>Russian and Soviet flags on different sides
On 2ch we call it manyamiroque (imaginary world)
>>
>>80678563
i agree, but i have to say that fellowship grows more and more each time i watch it. Might become my favourite one day
>>
>>80679569
i bet you believe Jesus didn't die either you fucking heathen
>>
>>80682032
>no schlock
please. There's tons of it
but it's great
>>
I thought for a long time two towers was the best, but I've realized that fellowship is actually clearly the best. Two towers is still good for sure, return of the king... meh. Fellowship is so good because it weaves the tiny world of the shire together with the beginning of the journey so well. From the pacing to change in settings the transition from care-free days with nothing to do to world-altering quest is done perfectly.

Not to mention, the entire mines of moria sequence is pure kino in the visual sense. Going from the tiny catacomb to the unfathomably exapnsive hollowed out underground is amazing, and the scene of them running between the columns the extend indefinitely into the darkness is one of my favorite visuals in all of film.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.