[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rogue One Leia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Rogue One Leia.webm (1MB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue One Leia.webm
1MB, 1280x536px
>people on /tv/ pretend like this is some PS3-tier CGI

wow you faggots are blowing this way out of proportion as usual, it looks great actually
>>
>>80678031
She has the look of someone on a diplomatic mission, not involved in an unwarranted attack (then retreat) of Empire high command. Glad this totally matched continuity with the original Star Wars flick.
>>
>>80678031
nah dude im sorry but that on the green screen literally murdered every bit of the fun i had had.

im also sure it induced Fischer's heart attack because it was so awful.
>>
>>80678160

yeah this annoyed me aswell

when she first meets Vader in Episode 4 she's like "we are on a diplomatic mission!"

bitch, you just escaped from Vader's STar Destroyer and he saw you leaving
>>
>>80678031
In still frame it looks somewhat passable but motion gives it away, all the micromovements on the face and the movement of texture/light on the face while she is "overexpressing" is a dead give away.

The technology just isn't there yet.
>>
>>80678031
>PS3-tier
In all seriousness though, what PS2 game is this cutscene from?
>>
>>80678253
there must be other ships that are simillar to that,like you know the cars we use today.
its not that difficult to understand
>>
She and Tarkin looked awful

They need to work on this technology for a few more years before they start implementing it any more high budget movies
>>
Just watched Rogue One. Awful flick.

What were they thinking with fucking 3DCG characters? What the hell was the point of this cast? Seriously, what was the point of any of these faggots involved?

They had NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to contribute whatsoever to the story.
>>
File: Scorpion King CGI.png (341KB, 728x419px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion King CGI.png
341KB, 728x419px
>>80678284
>The technology just isn't there yet.

true, but it's also interesting to see how far it has already come
>>
Vader's voice and dialogue was weird too

They should have left the old characters out of it (same applies to Han and Leia in TFA)
>>
>>80678031
What was she doing in the middle of a warzone anyway?
>>
I thought Leia looked alright on the theater, but that probably was because she's only there for like 3 seconds.
Meanwhile Tarkin looked awful from the start and the fact he kept appearing over and over made it even worse.
>>
>>80678582

Tarkin was harder to animate because of all the wrinkles and moles and the frizzy hair
>>
Neither Leia or Tarkin look too bad if you only look at one static image of them.

Luckily, there only is one shot of Leia. Tarkin, on the other hand, has way too much screen time for you to not notice how shitty he looks.
>>
>>80678652
Yes they do. They look plastic fantastic even in stills.

This zombie necromancy is an insult to life itself.
>>
>>80678518
But it loses a lot of its appeal because normies cant scream "OMG ITS HIM FROM EPISODES IV, V and VI AGHGHGHGHGH IM SUCH A NERD"
>>
>>80678031
Look at the dead eyes on her face
>>
>>80678518
Agreed, I didn't even get his dialogue. This didn't seem like Vader to me at all, he was more controlled. He would force choke people, but only if they tested him or if they had failed him in some way.
>>
it's so close but her mouth still moves like a cartoon character
>>
>>80678755
He even made a pun

I bet Reddit loved that
>>
File: maximumcgi.jpg (950KB, 1920x808px) Image search: [Google]
maximumcgi.jpg
950KB, 1920x808px
>>80678031
>>
Not even the dead may find peace from this evil.
>>
>>80678764
mouth movements seem very difficult to replicate. I've never seen a CGI mouth that wasn't a dead giveaway.
>>
Couldn't give a shit about any of the characters in this movie, shit flick.
>>
>>80678402
Its actually from a PS1 game: Star Wars Dark Forces
>>
>>80678031
It's not awful animation. It's just when you're watching a movie with real actors in it, a cgi actor showing up on screen always looks weird by comparison.
>>
So are we full Congress now? They put the fake Leia in the movie, then the real one died.
>>
>>80679564

kek
>>
>>80679564
Surprised anyone watch that shitty movie. Besides Harvey Keitel in that 5-minute speech he gave, totally worthless movie
>>
Leia was fine, Tarkin was ps2 tier
>>
Model wise, they looked amazing, especially Peter Cushing. The illusion just gets broken when they begin speaking or are face to face with a real person. They almost have it figured out, and frankly I don't think anyone but ILM could have done as good of a job. In another decade, they'll have the technological capabilities.
>>
>>80678253
She was literally just stalling
>>
>>80680251
what irked me was the fact the person voicing him had a completely different voice than Cushing, which defeats the point of reusing his image. You might as well hire a look a like actor then.
>>
its the lip movement that really fucks it up and gives it that uncanny valley look
>>
>>80680477

yhea, i'm pretty sure they could have made him sound a lot more like Tarkin with some Sound editing, why the hell didn't they do that
>>
>>80679090
Vader/Anakin was always a smart ass like that. Dude cracked jokes while fucking people up as Anakin and Vader.
>>
>>80678031
Which cutscene was that from?

>>80680724
>>80680477
The guy who voiced Raddus, Stephen Stanton, voices Tarkin in The Clone Wars and Rebels and literally sounds identical. I have no idea why they didn't use him.
>>
leia looked ok but tarkin was seriously un-immersive. i dunno how they expected that to fool anyone
>>
Yeah just looked at the blu ray rip, tarkin looks bad, doesn't sound like tarkin doesn't act like tarkin, he's too soft.

Leia looks absolutely great up untill the moment she looks up and you can see her eyes. It's mostly when you see it in motion and see how the skin moves over the flesh that makes it look really fake.
>>
Igaf about the CGI but the ending was brilliant
>>
>>80678253
>he saw you leaving
When did he see Leia? He only saw the ship from what I remember, and they didn't catch up until Tatooine. They could have been chasing down similar ships for days before they found Leia's.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.