[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the scariest moment in the show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: bobgif.jpg (303KB, 1280x958px) Image search: [Google]
bobgif.jpg
303KB, 1280x958px
Is this the scariest moment in the show?
>>
>>80676703
I know I've seen this before but I can't remember where it's from.
>>
>>80676911
Twin peaks
>>
>>80676938
Thank you! It's a very unsettling scene.
>>
>>80676703
This and the screaming Laura in the Black Lodge I'd say are the only scary bits in the show. Although you could argue the 'Sycamore Trees' part was unnerving at the very least.
>>
How did Lynch manage to make a simple scene like that so frightening?
>>
>>80677272
>screaming Laura in the Black Lodge
this is the scariest probably, that whole Black Lodge sequence in the last episode is GOAT television
>>
File: dark-mother-dream.jpg (48KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
dark-mother-dream.jpg
48KB, 1360x768px
>>80677342
The most unexpected scares are the best.
>>
>>80677342
having someone moving towards the camera makes the viewer feel so helpless
if it's a jumpscare build up you can kinda brace yourself or just not see it coming which just chocks you for a second or two

this lingering shit is so horrifying and i can barely stand it myself
>>
>>80677342

He calls it "the eye of the duck"

Camera positioned very low, with a slight fish-eye lens and set behind a couple of furniture items.

Net effect is to make you feel like you are a small person, right there is the room, but trying to hide. But you can't hide.
>>
The dream sequences were pretty scary, I thought
>>
>>80678000
My chest feels constricted now just thinking about seeing this for the first time
>>
>>80678117
Are there any guides that go into more detail about stuff like this? How certain camera angles and lenses can invoke a certain emotional response from the audience. That's really interesting.
>>
>>80676703
Nothing with Bob was scary, the actor was too flamboyant and obviously gay to take seriously.

As ridiculous as it was, Josie and the drawer knob disturbed me the most
>>
>>80677272
the whole last episode man, i had nightmares after as i watched that then fire walk with me immediately before going to bed
>>
File: tp-widow-little-nicky.jpg (19KB, 560x418px) Image search: [Google]
tp-widow-little-nicky.jpg
19KB, 560x418px
Nah senpai this is
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohV3_9mgNGY
even some parts that aren't really scary are just this bizarre mix of humour and dread.
it's what the show does best
>>
>>80679030
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohV3_9mgNGY
is leland the best character on the show
>>
>>80679241
Leland and Ben Horne are my favorites. They deserved a series for them alone to dance.
>>
File: 0-eoYhbYG8y8q67ccn.jpg (21KB, 375x282px) Image search: [Google]
0-eoYhbYG8y8q67ccn.jpg
21KB, 375x282px
>>80676703
it is but this scene also scared the shit out of me
>>
>>80679703
ben horne reenacting the civil war and having his epiphany upon victory was probably my favorite scene of tv ever
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x282px
The train part in the movie was p spooky
>>
>>80679810
desu Bob scared me in every scene
>>
>>80679810
When I first watched the show with my brother, we both yelled when he appeared. Laughed our asses off afterwards because we couldn't place what made it so scary initially.
>>
>>80676703
The last scene in black lodge was fucking scary too

the man in another place is terryfing when he's pissed
>>
>>80677342
doesn't this scene come right after the really goofy song that James and the girls sing? if that's the case, you also have the sudden change of tone.

I think the scariest scene in the show is Maddy's murder, though. "It is happening again", the sound of the record player locked on the runout groove, and the sheer brutality of the murder itself make for a really unsettling moment.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.