[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever start watching a movie and around 20 min into it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: mD57j67.jpg (40KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
mD57j67.jpg
40KB, 720x720px
Do you ever start watching a movie and around 20 min into it, you can tell it's shit and you're not gonna enjoy it but you can't turn it off? This happens way too often to me, I just have to finish doing whatever I started. I wonder if anyone can relate.

Is it autism?
>>
>>80676618
I turn it off and start over from the beginning if I try to re-watch it. No point forcing yourself if you aren't feeling it. It's supposed to be an enjoyable experience.
>>
>>80676618
I don't have a problem turning a movie off if I don't like it, but if I'm going to discuss it anywhere or form a meaningful opinion I have to give it a fair shot and watch the whole thing.
>>
File: aQD7jM1.jpg (31KB, 417x601px) Image search: [Google]
aQD7jM1.jpg
31KB, 417x601px
>>80676778
I always think it might get better but most of the time it doesn't, and I end up wasting 2 hours on a shitty movie.
>>
>>80676618
Why would it be autism?

Autism is to think you know what the film will be in just 20 minutes.
Also you don’t have a valid opinion on anything unless you experienced it in it's entirety, positive or negative.

This is all presuming you have already developed a certain taste and knowledge of films where you already know that the film you are about to watch isn't some atrocious generic C grade romantic comedy or something like that where you know the whole structure before it even begins.
>>
File: invasionfrominnerearth.jpg (24KB, 692x439px) Image search: [Google]
invasionfrominnerearth.jpg
24KB, 692x439px
I can relate. It's just a thick skin and determination to tough it out so you can truthfully state, "I saw that." Or, a major jones for really really bad movies.
>>
File: 5JbWNti.jpg (122KB, 500x691px) Image search: [Google]
5JbWNti.jpg
122KB, 500x691px
>>80676863
>>80676889
Yeah this is something I forgot to mention. I like trashing movies but I don't wanna do it if I didn't watch in its entirety.
>>
You ever gotten a haircut and about halfway through you think it looks like shit? They cut one side shorter than the other or don't cut it short enough or whatever? How many times have you gotten up mid-haircut and said "this is shit I'm done"?
Of course you fucking don't because you always hope it gets better. Maybe the barber can fix the mistakes or maybe it's just part of the process and it will be good in the end. People aren't nihilists by nature and we don't like to give up something that can still be turned around.
>>
>>80677207
This is an interesting thought.
>>
File: aspie dreams of light.jpg (81KB, 400x570px) Image search: [Google]
aspie dreams of light.jpg
81KB, 400x570px
>>80677010
same t b h. i especially used to do it for "critically acclaimed" films. but pic related opened my eyes to how gullible and pretentious critics are
>>
>>80677207
This is a shitty analogy because leaving mid haircut would leave you with the most atrocious haircut you could have, it will actually lool better in the end than mid haircut, just not what you expected it to look like.
>>
Nah, like books, there are always other movies to watch so why waste the time on it if you're not enjoying it. Perhaps at a later stage you can go back and reevaluate it from a different perspective, but in the here and now, dump that bitch.
>>
>>80677487
I always have hope that a film can be salvaged in the third act, that the director can gather up the loose ends and create something great even if the first 2 acts are shit. Call it foolish optimism but i have the same faith in the nice asian woman at great clips
>>
>>80676618
No, 20 mins is usually my cut off point. Early warning signs are a sure sign of shit. One time I watched everything to completion. Fuck that.
>>
>>80676883
I just remind myself that you have to sit through shitty movies from time to time to better appreciate the good ones. Just practice your critical thinking during that time by thinking about small changes that would have made it better, or try to find at least 1 redeeming aspect.
>>
>>80677649
Tarkovsky made the opening sequences of Stalker deliberately slow and without color to keep of massive plebeians like you from experiencing the rest of that true kino.
>>
>>80677791
Go watch "why him."

the movie is completely unwatchable past 10 minutes.
>>
File: FdWeu4N.png (569KB, 482x800px) Image search: [Google]
FdWeu4N.png
569KB, 482x800px
>>80678083
>why him
movies like this doesnt count. you know what you are in for when you decide to watch a movie like that
>>
>>80677805
So are you saying his movies are bad? Because that anon didn't say he stopped watching slow movies, he said he stopped watching movies he thought were bad.
>>
>>80678199
so you're basically admitting you couldn't watch a single second of it.
>>
I watched Scorpion King 3 and turned that shit off ten minutes in.

That movie sucked.
>>
>>80678375
you dont need to watch every single movie that comes out. if you know it is a piece of shit cashgrab normie shit and you start watching it you shouldnt bitch about it. you knew exactly what you were getting into and it is that simple. its like eating mcdonalds and bitching about how its not gourmet food
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.