[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they really gonna do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 8

File: 1024px-PBS_1971_id.svg.png (61KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-PBS_1971_id.svg.png
61KB, 1024x1024px
Are they really gonna do it?
>>
Do what? We get PBS now but only for the last few years?
>>
File: 8bb9ab48727c3653afe975071e6542b2.jpg (172KB, 1582x1600px) Image search: [Google]
8bb9ab48727c3653afe975071e6542b2.jpg
172KB, 1582x1600px
How will I watch Are You Being Served?
>>
Without federal funding that will just give pbs more freedom to be more liberal, good thinking trump
>>
How will I watch GED connection?
>>
>>80669316
Without federal funding, PBS will cease to exist.
>>
what does PBS stand for?
>>
>>80669664
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PBS
>>
>>80668703
I certainly hope so. PBS is the epitome of rich elitist liberals wanting to be catered to at the expense of the average tax payer. If they consider PBS so damn important they can pay for it themselves.
>>
>>80670303
PBS was one of five broadcast channels we got when I was a kid. I loved their shows. As an adult, I love the documentaries. Sorry you never saw the value of education, and it's place in lifting people out of poverty.
I'm sure the money that goes towards PBS will be better spent subsidizing your diabetes medication, you stupid fat flyover fuck.
>>
>>80669316
>liberal

http://www.summitdaily.com/opinion/columns/sirota-pbs-becoming-the-plutocrats-broadcasting-service/
>>
>>80669664
Public Broadcasting Surprise
>>
>>80670618
>I'm sure the money that goes towards PBS will be better spent subsidizing your diabetes medication
it won't, thanks to the healthcare plan that Ryan and Trump are shilling so hard
>>
>>80670618
In case you hadn't realized it, grandpa, the world has changed since 1978. Broadcast TV is a dying medium and if you think it's lifting anyone out of poverty, you're a fucking moron. Sesame Street is owned by HBO now. All those documentaries you want to see can be found online.
>>
>>80670303
Nice talking points. You just earned another dollar.
>>
Trump is taking funding from everything else to raise the funding for the military as if it needed more.
>>
>>80670817
Pbs has a streaming app. Nature and Nova are the best educational programs produced here too. Trump is fucking over poor people.
>>
>>80670618
Why are liberals so hateful?
>>
>>80671031
Poor people aren't watching Nature and Nova. They're too busy working to pay taxes so your entitled ass can watch those shows without paying for them instead.
>>
Who the fuck watches PBS and why do people suddenly give a shit about it? Trump?
>>
>>80671103
>Who the fuck watches PBS
Patricians.
>>
>>80671082
you trumptards really support cutting funding for educational program to be reused for the military (wars for israel and saudi arabia)? The defeceit won't even change because he os finding the military for evey dollar he is cutting.
>>
>>80671223
Apparently watching PBS didn't help you much. You can't even type, much less form a coherent argument.
>>
>>80671205
>Patricians.

PBS viewers aren't Patricians, if they were they wouldn't expect everyone else to subsidize the cost of their entertainment.
>>
>>80671425
>He doesn't donate to public broadcasting
You're literally the pleb in this occasion.
>>
>>80671489
Why exactly would I donate to something I don't watch? As I said, PBS and NPR's demographic skews left and wealthy, if they want to donate to keep their Patrician entertainment flowing no one is stopping them but forcing everyone else to pay for it via taxes is going to end.
>>
>>80671285
>calls out anon for bad typing with a post that contains a grammatical error
What did (((they))) mean by this?
>>
>>80669598
maybe for most of the country, but big stations like WGBH pretty much fund themselves, and a lot of other ones are associated with universities (like WBUR and Boston University)
>>
>>80671070
I'm not a liberal, you stupid piece of shit
>>
>>80671597
>skews left and wealthy
my state's NPR station produces their own radio shows about topics such as health and legal issues, with call-in segments, and the callers are most definitely not left-wing or wealthy, nor are they the most technologically savvy (Mississippi btw)

PBS/NPR are valuable public services whether you like it or not

(and tangentially, "Red States" are by far the places in the country that get the most Federal money for stuff like Medicare, public education etc., since they are usually the poor states, yet election after election vote for representatives that want to take all that away to their detriment and the wealthy's enrichment. really rattles the noggin desu)
>>
>>80670618
> I loved their shows. As an adult, I love the documentaries.
So did I. Sesame Street, Mr Rogers, Bob Ross, Charlie Rose, Nature, Nova, hell, even Barney and Tellitubbies

but half of those either don't exist anymore, are rarely on, or can be found on other channels in other formats. Nova and Nature were cool when Cable TV was in it's infancy and there were few alternatives, but these days, nature documentaries are ubiquitous, as are shows like Nova, that make general science documentaries.

News Hour has become a fairly biased left wing outlet, and Charlie Rose is still good, but he's getting older, and since he started doing the morning show for CBS, his quality seems to have suffered.

PBS has both become obsolete, and lost the neutrality it was originally meant to have. the whole point of being funded by taxpayers and the federal govt, was meant to avoid the special interests of commercial funding.

but since the Obama presidency, it simply became a left wing outlet when the administration realized it could work both ways, and instead of maintaining a neutral broadcasting station, you could use it to broadcast propaganda.

times have changed since the days when Mr Rogers defended PBS against the Senate. Back then, the kind of programming he offered, had no alternatives, and Cable didn't exist yet. Since then, he pretty much single handedly created that genre of children's educational programming. Sesame Street was created around that time, and since then other shows like Barney came along, and in general, other channels eventually began to hop on board, and now even netflix has kids shows. they are no longer unique to PBS. everything they have to offer can be found elsewhere.

PBS honestly dug it's own grave here. I always went to them to find neutral content in an era of partisanship, only to find them also becoming partisan. If they shaped up and decided to become neutral again, I'd defend them
>>
>>80668703
get rid of it, its [current year] for god's sake
>>
>>80672153
idk

NewsHour still seems to me a lot more neutral compared to the broadcast & cable news alternatives
>>
>>80671922
Fucking this

I have a friend from Nebraska that is poor as fuck and constantly talks about how he's a diehard republican and supports small government. I try to tell him how much he benefits from government programs like food stamps for his kids and public education for his kids and how the GOP wants to defund that stuff but he just waves it off.
>>
>>80672249
It doesn't have corporate interests to maintain, unlike the other major news outlets who have a board of directors and advertisers to worry about.
>>
>>80672324
he's living the American dream, don't wake him up
>>
>>80672249
for the most part, it is, but a few of it's contributing reporters tend to skew very left. they are still more neutral than the competition, (and they are not sensationalist like they are) but they are still less neutral than they were 10 years ago.
>>
>>80672324
your friend has a clue, you sound like a retard
>>
>>80671031
>implying every single welfare queen doesn't have a cable susbscription

Get back to work so you can pay for Laquisha's next baby you fucking racist.
>>
I understanding rich people supporting Trump's policies but the poor ones? kek
>>
>>80669664
penis butt sex
>>
>>80671922
If they're valuable then they can stand on their own merit through listener contributions.

I don't even mind them pushing economic leftism but they need to stop pushing cultural degeneracy and perversion before I stop wishing for their demise.
>>
>>80672350
no, they have government interest to maintain, and the people who work there probably believe in what they do, so they probably lean left
>>
>>80672530
America has never been great, idiot
>>
File: 1489644410790.png (561KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489644410790.png
561KB, 1024x1024px
>>80670618
>education
>it's
>>
>>80672324
I watched a buddy of mine bust out a "conservative" coworker of ours who was talking big about the Republican Party. He told them this:

"You're not a Republican. The only Republicans you've ever seen are on T.V. You're just a sucker who bought into the bullshit they say, which is roughly half of what they actually believe. You're the rube who thinks he really can grab that brass ring, but news flash: you can't. It ain't in their interests to even give you that chance.

If you ever really meet one, be sure to shake their hand. Count how many seconds pass before they wipe it clean."

It was fucking glorious.
>>
>>80672324
>Well Cletus you take money from the government so you'd better not say a peep when we give estrogen to kids because they wore a dress!

You're assuming every single issue is an economic one. I'd prefer an impoverished future if it means my culture and people remaining intact.
>>
>>80671922
so then stop sending the money! You get red state reps trying to cut the funding, while blue staters push it on them, then later complain about the money going to red states. The only big one I know of that red staters push for are farm subsidies
>>
>>80672614
it's the most common grammatical error native speakers make.
>>
>>80672615
your buddy's name? Albert Einstein
>>
>>80672652
Legitimately true story, but I'm legitimately still kekking.
>>
>public broadcasting in the age of the internet

lol!
>>
>>80672467
Alot of voters on both sides are idiots that live in a fantasy land
>>
>>80672615
Can you explain why libshits only attempt to use this to control white people while not saying a peep about the degenerate single mother culture of blacks and hispanics on welfare?
>>
>>80672615
your friend sounds retarded
>>
>>80672615
Lol that never happened
>>
>>80672775
t.Hard working blue coller Republican voter
>>
What are you NEET /pol/lacks gonna do when Trump cuts autismbux and implements a tendie tax?
>>
>>80672645
>poor states don't want Medicare money
lol
>>
>>80672836
>Doesn't have an answer

lol, keep being an anti-white hypocrite.
>>
>>80672826
nah, white collar lazy underachiever. However most politicians aren't evil shapeshifting lizard men who despise their constituents.
>>
as long as sesame street is fine i really don't give a shit t.bh
>>
>>80672885
SS is on HBO now m8
>>
>>80672855
>>80672855
>republicans oppose expansion of medicare
>still get blamed when medicare goes to their state
>>
>>80672885
It moved to HBO like a year ago, PBS just shows reruns

Where you been, fAm?
>>
welfare recipients are almost always democrats
>>
>>80672647
PBS isn't doing a good job educating the masses then!
>>
>>80672937
[citation needed]
>>
>>80672937
i like how "welfare recipient" is basically an insult for Amerifags
>>
>>80672877
Well yeah i agree that they arnt outright malicous snobs who hate poor people, but rhey probably are more worried about keeping their jobs than actually helping trying to help people. Some of them anyway.
>>
One of the first signs of America's full on nosedive to the ashes of history.

Soon the FEMA camps.
>>
>>80672877
Despise? No. Have a generous helping of contempt for? Almost guaranteed.

Liberal: let us decide what's in everybody's best interests.

Conservatives: Let us decide what's in our own best interests.

What the upper crust fails to mention is that "us" doesn't include you.
>>
>>80672992
It's an insult in the entire world m8
>>
>>80673021
it is a strange situation, in order to help people they need to keep their job.

>>80673131
Both sides want to help their constituency, they disagree on the methods. Admittedly some are their just for the power, but trying to paint them all that way is wrong.
>>
>>80673222
not really but Amerifags do not travel nor read so what do they know?
>>
>>80673128
Walton Simons appointed Director of FEMA when?
>>
>>80670676
If everyone thinks PBS is spouting the view of the opposing side, I'm inclined to believe it's probably the closest to the center out there.
>>
>>80673403
I encounter Americans all the time in Europe and Asia.
>>
>>80673604
>implying you are frequently traveling across Europe and Asia
>>
>>80668703
Hope they do.
>>
File: 1486751779528.jpg (67KB, 990x721px) Image search: [Google]
1486751779528.jpg
67KB, 990x721px
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqu132vTl5Y
>>
>>80673296
Let's look at from an entirely rational angle.

Conservatives are always about smaller government and less regulation, right? They're always advocating for a system where everyone is looking out for their own best interests and citing Payne and Keynes as some sacrosanct wellspring of economic wisdom, as if a certain Nobel laureate hadn't proved their ideas to be, at best, only half true.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

So if the best outcome results from everyone looking out for #1, what happens when one guy's #1 is operating from a position of accumulated wealth and power? That's right. You look like #2 to him.

All that and a poop joke. Are you not entertained?
>>
>>80673707
>Conservatives are always about smaller government and less regulation, right?
no
they are not
Conservatives, ideologically, wish to conserve
Nothing more than that
>>
>>80673565
homestly, everyone's view is colored by where they politically stand, for the far left anyone not as left as them moght as well be a conservatives. Real conservatives are fascists.
>>
>>80673677
who's going to be the next major global power after the USA? China? Russia?
>>
>>80673677
>Not realizing that in today's global economy a collapse of the largest superpower means a collapse of the entire global market

If we go down you're all going down with us m8.
>>
I am happy USA is no longer considered as world's "moral" center. It's such a decadent and complacent country, the world needs better.
>>
>>80673738
this is absurdly reductive and simplified

just look at Conservatives and defense spending and "conserve" is the last word that comes to mind
>>
>>80671031
Good, fuck poor people
>>
>>80673813
That's only because we live in an era of ever increasing government spending
>>
>>80673707
>Citing game theory as proof that people aren't just looking out for their best interests

Anon, I may only have a bachelor's degree in Economics, but Game Theory is completely predicated under the notion that people look out for their self interest.

Also
>Keynes
Conservatives are always jerking off Hayek you mongrel.
>>
>>80673847
Spearheaded in equal parts by conservatives and democrats. No Republican President has ever made any attempt to reduce the national deficit.

It's hilarious to me that they complain about Dems' "tax and spend" approach while acting like "cut tax and spend" is an appropriate alternative.
>>
>>80673854
you probably got that degree in America, because altruistic behavior has been modeled in game theory for decades
>>
>>80673707
conservatives are generally smaller government, yes, because they believe smaller government helps everyone, including them. Of course, that is in theory, in reality they aren't small government, that doesn't win votes
>>
>>80673894
It would absolutely be totally wrong to suggest "Republican" is the same as conservative.
At least before the 2016 election
>>
>>80671706
It means he's a fucking idiot who can't even make a sensible point you dumb cunt

>muh jews

Jesus, just fuck off you embarrassing spastic.
>>
>>80673930
altruism is still a self interested action, prove me wrong.
>>
>>80668703
I didnt this was still on.
I havent seen it it years. No wonder they're cutting it, nobody fucking watches it anymore
>>
>>80673894
>It's hilarious to me that they complain about Dems' "tax and spend" approach while acting like "cut tax and spend" is an appropriate alternative.

"Tax cut and spend" makes paying for it someone else's problem while they reap the political benefits of cutting taxes.

No one making those decisions right now will ever have to deal with the repercussions, so it makes perfect sense politically.
>>
>>80673982
>inb4 Hegel's night in which all cows are black
>>
>>80673930
Game theory isn't some cohesive model of human decision making, anon. No economist goes "I subscribe to the game theory school of thought". It's a way of theoretically understanding and predicting human behavior given a certain situation.

By "Altruistic behavior has been modeled in game theory for decades", you mean "Certain mathematicians and economists have added variables to simulate altruism in their model."

They didn't "prove" or "disprove" anything. That can only be done by empirical evidence. And I'm not at all implying that there isn't empirical to suggest major economic theories are partially incorrect, but saying "game theory proves X" is no different than being one of those people who took a micro 101 class and cite the supply and demand graph as proof minimum wage is bad.
>>
>>80674014
Of course it makes sense. I simply find it humorous.
>>
>>80670618
the internet exists now for free education. keeping public broadcasting around is useless
>>
>>80674081
game theory is a meta-model for starters. >>80673854
argues it requires self-interest, when in fact it does not. that's my point. i didn't talk about proving anything, you did.
>>
>>80671070
probably because republicans are stupid, insufferable, anti-intellectual, culturally backward racists that want to render the planet uninhabitable so they can get to jeezus faster
>>
>>80674026
cmon anon, people do it because it makes them feel good, which is self-interest. Of course, yes I am essentially boiling everything down to be self interest so therefore I can't possibly be wrong.
>>
>>80674177
>They're always advocating for a system where everyone is looking out for their own best interests and citing Payne and Keynes as some sacrosanct wellspring of economic wisdom, as if a certain Nobel laureate hadn't proved their ideas to be, at best, only half true.

Wasn't you?
>>
>>80674147
the internet is a nebulous and often errant source of information, though. there is value in curated, focused programming
>>
>>80674309
nope sorry
>>
>>80668703

The Republican congress will be too chicken shit to remove it. It will become a political football issue if they defund it.
>>
>>80671922
Almost as though everything isn't black and white...what a twist!
>>
>>80671031

Are you saying that PBS teaches marketable abilities that bring you employment? It's an educational network sure but nobody's ever said 'I learned what I need to know to do my job by watching PBS'
>>
>>80672153
pbs is very neutral. it's just that the right has veered so far into a post factual fascist fantasy world that centrism seems leftist now. calling someone out on their obvious fabrications is the duty of journalism, it is not partisanship.
>>
>>80674375
http://www.economicsonline.co.uk/Market_failures/Positive_externalities.html

The market isn't 100% efficient when determining what someone should and should not know for the betterment of society, senpai.
>>
>>80668703
funding for public broadcasting will continue in first world states like california and new york. like everything else trump does, red states will suffer.
>>
>>80674375
A couple of This Old House episodes were handy.

Especially the one on putting in a load bearing ceiling beam.
>>
>>80674474
But hey, at least he tells it like it is and stops those damn Muslims!
>>
>>80674375
Almost everything I know came as a result of curiosity, a thirst for knowledge that I'm not even sure I would have had were it not for so reliable a source of informative programming as PBS.

Does knowing there's a Peruvian humming bird that has to hibernate nightly just to sleep help me get a job? No, of course not, but wondering how much more there is to know sure has, and it's not available in the same way on the internet, where you can literally drown in "information" just looking for truth.
>>
>>80668703
PBS has been fucking trash for the last ten years. But it is a useful liberal indoctrination channel, so the private sector will fund it.
>>
>>80672836

Because you're bragging that your friend attempted to humiliate an impoverished person for not voting on economic issues, called him dirty, an idiot, and a slave, and told him that the issues he cares about don't matter because poor people aren't allowed to care about anything except money, apparently.
>>
>>80674425
>being this delusional
>>
>>80672467
It's no different than blacks supporting democrat policies that aren't in their best interest
>>
>>80673746
Japan.
>>
>>80671223
Trump already cut the deficit by 100 billion dollars and he's only been president for two months.
>>
>>80674653
I'd be interested in hearing what your opinion of non-biased news is.
>>
>>80674727
>Policies that help the poor
>Black people are poor

How would voting for republicans help blacks more?
>>
>>80674649
Yeah, and that's exactly what he's choosing to be.

How many illegals you think worked construction on Trump's buildings?

How do the children of immigrants get sold a bullshit line of xenophobia and isolationism?

How do you champion the cause of deregulation when it was precisely a lack of regulation and accountability that led to the collapse of 2008?

When was it exactly that America stopped being "great?"
>>
>>80674954
When did trump do this? And no, I don't want you to link me to an article showing how the budget, which fluctuates quarterly, is down from last quarter. I want you to show me the executive order Trump signed which reduced the deficit.
>>
>>80674959
no such thing in our media.
>>
>>80674254
>y-youre stupid and dumb and uhhh r-religion jeezus

Honestly shut the fuck up.
>>
>>80675116
Here's your answer, >>80675040 anon.

Trump supporters believe that all career politicians talk down to them.They believe American is worse than ever, and they believe the reasons are simple and it just takes one of them in office to fix them. Trump talks like one of them, so they support him.

It doesn't matter what he says, what he does, whatever. The man will never lose his core base because they didn't vote for Trump's policies, they voted for Trump.
>>
>>80675145
Then what's the closest?
>>
>>80673677
American Imperialism didn't really start until 1900. So we're good until about 2150 or so

also
> Roman Empire
> ...180 AD
full on ignorance m8
>>
>>80675116
No, I'm exactly the opposite. I come from a poor family in the rural South. I just know a snake-oil salesman when I see one, and I'll be triple-damned before I don't call bullshit on his lying, powdered ass.
>>
>Trump says he is going to cut worthless government programs
>cuts PBS

He just secured my vote in 2020.
>>
>>80673128
>Soon the FEMA camps.
Mr. FEMA deathcamps is now an establishment shill.
Really makes your noodle doodle.
>>
>>80675258
I don't know, I like Reuters personally
>>
>>80673707
>Conservatives are always about smaller government and less regulation, right?
In theory. Neocons shit on that nice clean line by advocating economic and governmental liberalism while trying to remain socially conservative.
>>
>>80675221
>they believe the reasons are simple and it just takes one of them in office to fix them.
Celine's third law: an honest politician is a national calamity.
>>
>>80675477
nah, my hope has always been he will cut regulations and anything else crazy would be stopped by the courts/congress
>>
>>80676093
Fact is that with all the factors that go into a presidency, they actually only have a little bit of legitimate power to change the government. Obama used his little wiggle room for Obamacare with everything else pretty much moving independently of his presidency, and let's keep in mind that even Obamacare was a hollow shell of the original bill by the time it passed.
>>
>>80675116

And that doesn't make him wrong, fuckwit.
>>
>>80674954
>cut deficit by 100b
>wants to build a wall that will cost 2t

trumptards, everyone
>>
>>80672615
The democratic party is literally telling people they are going to be poor and jobless forever because its "impossible" to stop Chinese children from making electronics.

Their entire party line is to wait for mexicans on welfare to outbreed white laborers and business owners while taxing the very people who are paying for Laquisha and Pablo to have their 6th child.

When faced with the choice between people who lie to you and people who are LITERALLY wishing you and your family will die out there is only one sane choice.
>>
>>80677292
Wow anon, when you strawman an entire political party into something that evil, it sure is easy to oppose them!
>>
>>80670618
>you stupid fat flyover fuck.
>hating the people who decide your country's future
This never gets old
>>
>>80677016
Personally I find that stopping the illegal gun and drug trade that passes through the southern border states priceless :)

But for some reason Liberals want mexico filled with guns and drug lords..
>>
>>80671922
Lol, post the salaries of those kike radio hosts that make 300 grand a year. Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>80671922
>(and tangentially, "Red States" are by far the places in the country that get the most Federal money for stuff like Medicare, public education etc., since they are usually the poor states, yet election after election vote for representatives that want to take all that away to their detriment and the wealthy's enrichment. really rattles the noggin desu)

Coincidentally those ""Red States"" have the most niggers too. Really floggin the old coon dog dodn't it?
>>
>>80670618
Its pretty pathetic that people are shitting on the midwest for Trump. It shows you're just a generalizing asshole, like the people you claim to hate.
>>
>>80675071
Never. My job involves keeping track of national debt emissions (between other things) and not a single one in the the next months has been altered.
>>
>>80670618

>Sorry you never saw the value of education
For most people "education" is something better than government-produced media.

>and it's place in lifting people out of poverty.
lol fucking what?
Did PBS send you tickets for Job Corp or something?

Also,
>calling anyone a "stupid fat flyover fuck"
>when you just admitted you used PBS as a source of your """education""" and that it "lifts people out of poverty

Amazing.
>>
>>80677292
What they're telling us is that we're fast approaching a point in human history where we're likely to become post-labor, but not post-scarcity. If that doesn't scare the shit out of you, it damn well should.

As we speak, there are factories in the world producing goods that are untouched by human hands until they're unboxed by the consumer. We are dancing on the edge here and you're electing blindfold salesmen.
>>
>We're tired of being ruled by coastal elites!

>Let's all vote for a Billionaire New Yorker!
>>
>>80672615

Did you type this expecting fucking upvotes or something?
>>
>>80671922

>and tangentially, "Red States" are by far the places in the country that get the most Federal money for stuff like Medicare, public education etc., since they are usually the poor states

They're also the least white states. Go figure.
>>
>>80678282
Nah, (you)s are just fine.

Thank you.
>>
File: CxAdLdjVQAAEGAa.jpg (68KB, 719x372px) Image search: [Google]
CxAdLdjVQAAEGAa.jpg
68KB, 719x372px
>>80674425

>it's just that the right has veered so far into a post factual fascist fantasy world

Holy shit this is some delusion.

The Left are the ones claiming there are 45 different genders and calling people "Hitler" and beating the shit out of them on camera for wanting a temporary hold on immigration form several countries Obama HIMSELF declared to be dangerous.

You are completely, bafflingly fucking delusional if you think it's the right that has gotten more extreme and less in touch with reality in the past 10 years and not the left.
>>
>>80672615
8/10

loved the use of the word "buddy"
>>
>>80672467

Yeah, why would poor people vote for the only candidate pledging to not replace them with cheap exploited foreign labor or Pajeets on H1-B's?

Don't they know it's in their best interest to embrace mass-immigration and higher taxes? That will make them richer.
>>
If I recall, a PBS affiliate was the first to air Neon Genesis Evangelion in the states, subbed only
>>
>>80678202

>What they're telling us is that we're fast approaching a point in human history where we're likely to become post-labor, but not post-scarcity.

Except they aren't.

I have literally never heard a Dem use that as a talking-point.

I have, however, heard countless Dems yaking about how "diversity is our strength" and "no person is illegal" and "Make America Mexico Again".
>>
>>80678442
Tumblr =/= the democratic party, just like /pol/ =/= the GOP.
>>
>>80675477

No.

We have plenty of Bern-victims pretending to be """"disillusioned""" Trump-voters on the Internet in order to skew perception though.
>>
>>80671070

Externalization of internal problems.

They know they're fucked up but can't fix themselves, so they want to """fix""" society.
>>
>>80678322
We could stop electing con men that rob Peter to pay Paul, for one thing, stop electing bullshit artists who prop up oxymorons like "clean coal" and call climate change a liberal conspiracy for another.

For the cost of that bullshit, pointless wall, we could build solar collection facilities that would not only give us free electricity, but would pay for the upkeep on the power grid by selling off the surplus to other nations.

That'd be a great start.

Bear in mind, these are not bullshit, pie-in-the-sky pipe dreams. These are things we could make happen with extant tech and a government with the sack to tell special interests to go pound sand and the political will to declare eminent domain on the least-habitable places in the country.

And yeah, this information came to me courtesy of public programming.
>>
>>80678495
>Trump's not a politician, you can believe what he says.

Protip, not being a politician doesn't automatically make him virtuous. Especially when said person is a big city billionaire elite real estate mogul, a group of people not known for their love of middle America
>>
>>80678601

>Tumblr =/= the democratic party

Could have fooled me.

Mainstream Democrat politicians, supporters, companies and celebrities have literally spent the entire last year in red-faced shit-blasting over North Carolina having the gall to say the Ladies restroom is for women and not 40-year-old men in a dress.

It was literally treated like a second fucking Holocaust.

And this was not fringe. This was mainstream.
Obama himself even virtue-signaled about it and impotently threatened to throw Executive weight around.

Mainstream Democrats are now using ideals that were previously fringe-leftist as legitimate, open and public talking points.
They dedicated the first two fucking days of the DNC to fucking Black Tantrums Matter. What the fuck more do you need at this point.

In b4 some lefty turd tells me those are somehow """centrist""" views and I'm just le crazy nazi for thinking they aren't, and I'm an evil cis-gendered cis-species fucking white male that needs to check my privilege.
>>
>>80675477
I have a couple coworkers. The funny thing is they think he should unleash himself, their complaint is that he's behaving too well.
>>
>>80678587
You must not listen to much NPR, then. Color me surprised.
>>
>>80678814

>MUH MIRACLE SOLAR

This is how you spot the tardos that have zero knowledge or experience with macro-scale power-engineering and learned what they know about it from fucking Sci Show on YouTube.
>>
>>80668703
Oy vey goy education doesn't matter.

The God Emperor needs more military spending so Republicans can send more goyim to die for Israel.
>>
File: 1489164772905.jpg (389KB, 642x748px) Image search: [Google]
1489164772905.jpg
389KB, 642x748px
>>80678822

>Especially when said person is a big city billionaire elite real estate mogul, a group of people not known for their love of middle America

Too bad Trump's already making good on his promises, Hill-shills.
>>
>>80678873
Go ahead then. Show me where I'm wrong.
>>
>>80678895

>cheaply-produced government schlock that is surpassed by free shit on the Internet is """education"""

I'd hate to live in whatever state you live in.
>>
>>80678908
>Hill-shills

I didn't vote for Hillary, but keep up with the memes. Good goyim
>>
>>80678814

>The government-created media told me, so I believe it.

I can't believe that you bring this up as if it's a point of favor for the validity of your argument.

It's literally worse than "Don't tell me I'm wrong, I just got done reading about it on Wikipedia".
>>
>>80677871
Ironically Trump's tax cuts will allow blue states to raise their own taxes. The divide between Blue and Red will be further pushed. Rather be Dead than Red.
>>
I hope they do, maybe you stupid fucking assholes will do something with your lives.
>>
>>80678180
Nova and Nature are the best educational programs produced in the US. It's BBC tier good. When was the last time Discovery Channel has made a non-reality tv show not based on rednecks shooting some type of animal?
>>
>>80679070

>It's BBC tier good.

You just keep digging a hole.
>>
>>80678322
Universal Basic Income is gonna happen. That or people will really go 1776 because no jobs exist.
>>
>>80678826
You are telling me Jim Webb would fit in Tumblr? Even Bernie Sanders was open against hate towards whites that Tumblr does.
>>
t. retard

PBS gets about 5% of its budget from the CfPB.

Source: Gf works at PBS and they don't really give a shit, as it will just allow them to do more stuff without any input from the government
>>
>>80679132

>Universal Basic Income is gonna happen.

This is NEET pipe-dream wishful-thinking.

You fags want to get paid to sit on your ass and do nothing. We get it.
>>
>>80678950
>Nature and Nova are cheaply produced schlock
Fuck even This Old House is better than anything on DIY or HGTV.
>>
>>80679106
You are telling me BBC Nature docs are not good?
>>
>>80679248
How are people gonna earn a living when all jobs are automated or taken over by AI?
>>
>>80679005
If I'd stopped there, you'd have point.

SPOILER ALERT: I didn't, so you don't.
>>
>>80672615
new pasta?
>>
File: 130946788171.jpg (14KB, 355x404px) Image search: [Google]
130946788171.jpg
14KB, 355x404px
I guess they are going to have to provide value and be rewarded accordingly and voluntarily.

You know the liberal nightmare.
>>
>>80678581
Just more indication that PBS gave America's children autism.
>>
>>80679248
That's pretty much the opposite of the point, dipshit. We're saying that under the current model it's an inevitability.

I work. I love my job. I also have zero doubt I'm among the last people in a Western nation that will ever have it as a career. Know what job is replacing it?

Fucking nothing.

A lot of those jobs aren't even overseas to bring back home, anon. A lot of them just flat don't exist anymore, and our businesses don't need any more useless fucks browsing the internet six hours out of every workday.
>>
File: 1353290550996[2].jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1353290550996[2].jpg
111KB, 500x500px
Why do we need a bigger defense budget if we aren't protecting other countries anymore?
>>
>>80679998
Because Trump conned his voters into thinking he wasn't a neocon. There is absolutely no need to increase the already largest military budget on Earth even more, especially at the cuts of other programs. He seems to not want to get re-elected.
>>
>>80670303
https://youtu.be/fKy7ljRr0AA
>>
>>80678814
>would pay for the upkeep on the power grid by selling off the surplus to other nations
Eh? That's either only Canada or Mexico, because last time I checked, we have no trans Pacific or Atlantic power lines...so let's flood Mexico with cheap power like we do with cheap corn and watch their energy sector fail.
>>
>>80681061
Just listen to that rich, smarmy asshole. Disgusting.

Just using sarcasm in association with Fred Rogers feels like some kind of blasphemy.
>>
>>80681350
You can put electricty in batteries dumbass and ship them anywhere
>>
>>80679883
It's trying to become a thing.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36454060
>>
>>80675221
So they're all dumbasses living vicariously through King Dumbass.

They still needed help from Obama voters in those swong states.
>>
>>80673565
That's what they say about the BBC over here, they're wrong of course
>>
>>80670618
It's going to the defense budget instead :^)
>>
>>80675221
Wow, it's like... any politician in the history of ever.
>>
>>80681460
Please show me where any electric utility on the planet does this with regard to surplus power sales.

"IDTechEx estimates that the high-power energy storage market is expected to grow almost ten-fold to $2 billion a year by 2026 up from about $240 million currently, Supercapacitors could capture about $800 million to $1 billion of that potential market opportunity."

Wow. Two fucking billion in 10 years for the entire global market. It's literally nothing.
>>
>>80670618
npbp
>>
>>80677619
KEK not that guy but I'm from california. Pretty sure the midwest relies on the taxes I pay more than I rely on them to pay theirs. Also, good job, midwestern cucks. You rely on obamacare and now will get fucked in the ass, and not get covered. Literal cucks, seeing as they hate corporations controlling the government via lobbying, but voted in a corporate asshole who proceeded to put lobbyists and plutocrats in conflict-of-interest positions.
>>
>>80673746
Obviously India. They get the population under control then they'll be a force to reckon with.
>>
>>80681737
It would cost more to run my tv from batterie than from mains therefore battery is more expensive so energy company should put all electriticy in battetie to make more money ok goodnight
>>
>>80681737
Know why it's fucking nothing? Because no one produces enough surplus to bother with it, nor will they if we keep propping up the sacred cows of oil and coal because "muh jerbs," which is all just a fuckng smokescreen to begin with.
>>
>>80678908
Exactly, Trump is awesome so far. The only thing liberals have is that like a couple of silly programs that will just be supported by rich people, which is the liberal dream anyway, and that people won't have their broke ass Obamacare subsidies so they can keep their mediocre crap care.

The way they even have a point at all is by taking a prototype of a healthcare bill still a year off from being polished, using liberal statistics that are meant to scare them in some never-gonna-happen world as "examples" of why Trump is such a bad person and we need to impeach him.

What a joke. It doesn't matter how much better the country gets there will always be a 'muh Russia' to try to justify holding the USA back in the Democrat malaise of 2% growth is good enough.

They are all self-described 190IQ California bred geniuses but somehow can't remember how to take all the welfare they give to illegals and combine that with all the money cost to deport them and realize we could easily spend that instead on making solar panels with the huge profits we make from not spending that money AND we get a wall.

What made the money savings possible was that wall. It is an investment in this nation that will pay dividends every year and lasts 100+ years. Things PBS makes last...30 years? Who even cares? That wall will be the achievement of a generation.
>>
ITT: The same three mentally ill /tv/tards argue about politics on /tv/
>>
>>80682412
>muh wall

You Trumptards realize that most immigrants don't even even cross the border to come to the U. S. Right? Can't wait to pay twice for a shitty wall that no one wants but retards like you. Plus most PBS programs are funded by Right wing Billionaires such as the Koch Brothers.

>the country is getting better
Lol, any facts to back it up? Plus the job numbers are fake anyway.
>>
>>80675164
time to take another opiod hit to calm down Dale
>>
>>80677619
>implying the flyover states produced anything of worth to this country
>all they produced is AIDS, teenage moms, and obesity
>>
>>80671082
>implying poor Whites work
>implying they pay more in taxes than illegal immigrants who pick berries for 60 hours a week in the sun

how delusional are republicans
>>
>>80682382
>Because no one produces enough surplus to bother with it
Which is Business 101. You produce enough to meet market demand. Excess is inefficient and wasteful to the bottom line.
>>
>>80679191
These are the same types that think JOOS are out to get every white person, and Hitler dindu nuffin.

What kind of retard believes SJWs are anything more than centrist faggots looking for brownie points on social media? Hating and wanting limits on free speech, as well as being condescending towards non-whites aren't traditional liberal things. Hell, they focus on inane social shit rather than science. That sounds like religious prudish shit, far removed from when the ACLU defended racists' right to free speech in the courts.
>>
>>80678908
The numbers showed Obama was very tough on illegals, but Trump says otherwise. Now he says illegals are crossing in less numbers than before, or some similar thing. He isn't honest so why should anyone believe him?
>>
>>80682412
KEK what's hilarious is Obamacare is something the republicans forced the democrats to gimp, and 4 decades ago they first proposed something similar (which the current republicans despise). And many poorfag conservatives rely on Obamacare, yet they voted against their well-being on a corporate businessman who got to where he is by fucking over poorfags. This is like mudslimes voting in a woman who proposed bacon for all, and a reversal of femal-male rights. Literal cuckold shit.
>>
>>80683154
Let me explain in small words. We could produce a lot more power than we do with our current power plants. Know why we don't pollution. Know what solar and wind don't create?

Say it with me.

Right now, producing more would be shitting where we eat. That doesn't hold true with cleaner energy. We could do the same with nuclear, but nuclear scares the shit out of everybody, not entirely without reason.
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.