[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAME RULES APPLY...AACKHH!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: james-mcavoy-filth-tra222.jpg (35KB, 595x384px) Image search: [Google]
james-mcavoy-filth-tra222.jpg
35KB, 595x384px
SAME RULES APPLY...AACKHH!
>>
>>80668246
Eyyyyyyyyy Bruce, you have a pain, yeeeeeees?
>>
GET OUT OF MY HEAD, CHARLES
>>
>>80668246
This movie is based.
>>
>>80668246
They should've had a Wilhelm scream
>>
>>80668246
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>80668246
Reading the book at the moment, pure depression-core, can't help but love Bruce though. I saw the film first and the ending scene is so powerful

>I kid you not my sweet, sweet friend, my best friend, my only friend...
>>
>>80668565
i still watch it from time to time, when the song creep hits, the shiver runs down your spine
>>
I've never been to scotland but have a lot of scottish blood and for some reason this movie resonated with me deeply

maybe gene memory is a thing
>>
>>80668644
maybe you're just a cuck
>>
>>80668698
perhaps. same thing with limmys show etc though. there's something about scottish culture I just instantly get without ever being exposed to it
>>
>>80668644
gene memory is a thing
Phobias are passed down genetically for example.
>>
>>80668744
what, the highly depressing nature of it all?
>>
I started watching this the other day but had to leave maybe 10-15 minutes in due to something coming up and I never got back to watching it. Seemed interesting enough, is it actually any good?
>>
>>80670213
Yes, it really is, would strongly recommend
>>
>>80668644

Scotland is perhaps the whitest culture in the world. Take that as you will.
>>
>>80668246
Not to be that guy, but the book is way better. Way more dark and depressing, but also funny, at least until the last 100 pages.
They left a lot of stuff out of the movie.
>>
>>80670819
agreed 100%, but the film was probably the best adaptation they could do considering some of the other content and how easily the "twist" could have been worked out early on retaining certain information from the source, like changing the foreigner's ethnicity for example, or the shit with the worm(s)

mcavoy's best performance imo, remember reading he went to see it in a theater himself and was happy to see people disgusted enough to get up and leave before it was over, imagine if they had adapted some of the really bad shit, like his visits to the farm
>>
>>80670917
It's a while since I saw it, but did they even include anything about his real father, brother or cripple gf? I mean his childhood is kinda the reason he is who he is. He becomes a way more tragic character once everything unravels.
I think the farm thing is a deleted scene, possibly on Youtube, but it's played for laughs.
>>
>>80671375
there are some super quick flashbacks near the end, but nothing that would make any sense to anyone that hadn't read the novel, nothing that would cause the viewer to make connections

that's really the only thing i didn't like about the film; once you delve into his past and see why he's turned out the way he has, everything makes sense, right down to his disdain toward anything black because coal is black, etc. the childhood stuff in the book is where it really became top-tier for me and made his character extremely sympathetic i re-read the book once a year around christmas, probably my favorite literature with that holiday in the background
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.