[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was better than Episode VII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 22

This was better than Episode VII
>>
Hardly an achievement.
>>
Reddit disagrees
>>
>>80662385
Wrong again Bob.
>>
>>80662385
Agreed.
>>
File: Tasty burger.jpg (79KB, 1420x946px) Image search: [Google]
Tasty burger.jpg
79KB, 1420x946px
This tastes better than dog shit.
>>
No it wasn't.
>>
>>80662385

Eh, I watched it for the first time since opening night yesterday and I think its about equal.

Characters are seriously lacking in substances but there is just enough there to care at the end. Action scenes are great but E7 just felt more like classic Star Wars where R1 feels like a $200m fan film.

Vader felt off though, looked like bad cosplay and his pun still makes me cringe. They should have gone with his E5 suit and just overlooked the continuity mistake.
>>
Being better than shit doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>80662385
>This was better than Episode VII

It wasn't very good.

But you are correct.
>>
File: 1487628786451.png (1MB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487628786451.png
1MB, 960x960px
>>80662385
You're right.
>>
>>80662385
>This was better than Episode II

Correct.
>>
no, it wasn't
>>
I'm not big on Star Wars honestly. I've saw them all several times, and for example Phantom Menace like 20 times (Dating spree back when it came out.) The Force Awakens was alright, the first time I watched it; but the second I couldn't barely even look at it, though I felt good about it overall the first viewing.

I'm watching Rogue One now and can't even bother to really look at the screen it's on, it's just...bland, and lacks sweaty Rae.
>>
File: uptheshutfuck.png (229KB, 386x277px) Image search: [Google]
uptheshutfuck.png
229KB, 386x277px
>>80662385

Wasn't it no.
>>
>>80662929
smell the autism from here I do
>>
>comparing shades of shit
>>
I just watched it again for the second time, and the only really redeeming things in the entire film are Vader, Chirrut, and Felicity as far as her ass and face look in some frames.

The main characters barely exist as far as presence goes, aside from Mr Roboto and Donny Yen, and outside the old familiars even the supporting cast is so shit the split-second cut scenes from ANH actually stand out as more atmospheric and weighty than everything aroudn them, outside a 3D cinema screen Tarkin looks noticably CGI-like despite being mounted on a human actor, and 'Leia' is still the stuff of fucking nightmares.

It's worst sin? It's so damn forgetable.

I far preferred VII. Rogue One is a film that never needed to be made.
>>
>>80662385
>Better than Episode VII

Well it's not fucking hard is it?
>>
>>80662385
both were equally shit. but the cunt in RO was an even worse actress than rey. not sure how that's possible but there you go
>>
I quite liked it, kinda weird that everyone died and vadar sounded weird
>>
>>80662385

I cannot remember the names of any of the characters in it aside from those that were in the OT.

It was incredibly boring and shallow.
>>
>>80662385
It was dogshit the first time I watched it, and even worse the second.

I liked TFA the first time I saw it, and liked it less the 2nd, and by the third time I fucking hated it.

So I guess Rogue One is the worse movie between the two. Complete dogshit films, both of them though.
>>
episode 7 was a bit better

this was just really fucking boring
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 300x169px
>>80662385
>>
>>80662385
agree. Episode VII was the worst Star Wars film by far. Even including I-III. And Rogue was just barely better.

The only one thing good in the whole movie was the CGI work done on Tarkin.
>>
>>80663678
>The only one thing good in the whole movie was the CGI work done on Tarkin.
get your eyes checked
>>
>>80663678
>Episode VII was the worst Star Wars film by far
>this is what prequelcucks genuinely believe
my sides
>>
>>80662385
Like ep 7, it wasn't good.
>>
and still not better or worse than the prequels
wow disney sure stepped things up
>>
>>80663850
Better than 2 and 1, about the same as three.
>>
Solid waste is better than diarrhea.
>>
>>80663728
there was nothing original, innovative, special or imaginative in it at all.
>>
>>80662385
i just watched it

it felt like a start wars movie but not

she was so cute

i dont know how to explain but it was jsut so much more cinematic

just like at the opening scene, it was so serious

i was really hoping the droid would call them meatbags at some point tho :(
>>
>>80663878
wow and we only had to nuke the EU and all the established to get another two unoriginal "okay" live action movies

totally worth it
>>
>>80663954
Old EU had good stuff but that was piled under shit.

Problem is that Disney is not learning what was good and what was shit about the EU.
>>
>>80662385
Are you surprised that SW movie without Jedi bullshit being actually good.
>>
>>80662385
Episode 7 was the worst Star Wars film, so no shit.
>>
the only part I didn't give a fuck about was Eadu and anything with the Rebel council. Overall 8/10 for me

TFA was a shit ANH remake
>>
i saw it yesterday and completely forgot it
its forgettable the same way episode 7 was

fucking soulless cash grab
like what the fuck happened in that shitty movie? there wasnt a significant theme or interaction that mattered it was like a script written for extended cameos, bite sized roles, and fuck all for a plot
>>
AT-ST'S AT-ST'S
>>
File: IMG_1487.jpg (118KB, 1242x1151px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1487.jpg
118KB, 1242x1151px
Who is this nigger?
>>
>>80666667
Episode 3 > Rogue One > Empire

Rest are shit
>>
>>80666667
looks like a more brown version of j-walk
>>
>>80666667
kek he's right
>>
When is the torrent coming out?
>>
>>80663361
The characters in the OT weren't exactly deep lol

You fags take Star Wars too seriously.
>>
>>80664169
Donnie yen was a Jedi
>>
File: 1441157905314s.jpg (2KB, 112x125px) Image search: [Google]
1441157905314s.jpg
2KB, 112x125px
>>80667266
>lol
>>
File: 1489610483392-tv.jpg (87KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
1489610483392-tv.jpg
87KB, 615x410px
>>80666667
A nigger tweet that get those dubs. Check them.
>>
>things only genY kuks say
>>
File: 1486883121805-tv.png (391KB, 722x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486883121805-tv.png
391KB, 722x640px
>>
solid 6/10, no memorable characters, boring story, felt like a generic sci fi movie with a far too big a budget and a forced star wars touch.
>>
>>80667799
very telling image. The resurgence of SW is fueled by nostalgiafags and people who grew up on the second trilogy
>>
>>80662385
I agree
>>
>>80662574
>Characters are seriously lacking in substances
DUDE SUBSTANCES LMAO WHERE IS THE PLAN???!
>>
This is objectively true and factually correct.

It wasn't hard though
>>
>>80666667
> Empire > RO > 77 > Return = TFA >>>> Phantom > Clone = Sith
>>
>>80662385
agreed
>>
>>80662385
The black guy with the oxygen mask was way too goofy and hammy. Mads needed more screentime. Empire is too inefficient. But still better than VII with Rey Sue and Kyle Fag.
>>
>>80668063
people who grew up on the disney trilogy are even worse though because they are quick to jump into the wagon with the massive felt need to belong so they appreciate everything even if it's literally the same plot with some small changes here and there

R1 >>>>>>>> shit >>>>> TFA
>>
>>80669400
>people who grew up on the disney trilogy
9 year olds?
>>
1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars
3. The Force Awakens
4. The Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Rogue One
7. The Phantom Menace
8. Attack of the Clones
9. That animated movie
10. Holiday Special
>>
File: 1386401017785.jpg (36KB, 666x400px) Image search: [Google]
1386401017785.jpg
36KB, 666x400px
>>80669867
>TFA higher than any original trilogy or even ROTS
>>
>>80662385
Yes and No
>>
>>80669867
>3. The Force Awakens
>4. The Return of the Jedi
>5. Revenge of the Sith
>6. Rogue One
Fuck you.
Not a god damn thing in Sith is superior in anyway to Rogue One.
And nothing in R1 is as cringy or bad as...
> Hayden failing fucking horribly to sound desperate or menacing
> The ludicrous jump from Anakin injuring Windu out of desperation to save Padme and him going and slaughtering children.
> Palpatine being over the top campy & silly as fuck instead of menacing.
>>
the emotional scenes in this piece of hot shit fell completely flat
>40 minutes into the film
>a tearful moment where Jin watches a hologram of her father
>we know absolutely nothing about these characters except this:
>Jin's father once told her to run and hide
>Jin's father once tucked her into bed
>but for some reason I'm supposed to feel sad about this

>Forrest Wittiker dies
>this is all we know about the character:
>he once found Jin in a secret bunker
>and that's it
>yet we're supposed to feel something when he dies?

then there's the big romantic finale between Jin, the character we know nothing about except she's related to someone, and the Han Solo knockoff, who we know nothing about. Not getting misty eyed over these characters finally coming together.

then there were the contrivances
>go to some planet for some reason. They probably briefly mentioned it in some expository dialogue they reshot.
>crash
>someone decides to go out into the rain for some reason
>the other characters decide to stay behind for no reason
>then the other characters change their mind and decide to follow after for no reason
>actually, the only reason they split up was so they could conveniently save each other later on

>guy gets mind raped
>later on he's perfectly fine, like nothing happened

this film was a hot pile of dogshit full of contrivances, lapses in logic, and dull characters who relied too heavily on expository dialogue.
>>
>>80670346
>>go to some planet for some reason. They probably briefly mentioned it in some expository dialogue they reshot.
No the entire plot up to that point was leading to them going to find Gallan there you non paying attention mother fucker.
>someone decides to go out into the rain for some reason
To survey the situation on the Imperial platform.
>the other characters decide to stay behind for no reason
Waiting for the intel he will see to formulate a plan to extract Gallan.
>then the other characters change their mind and decide to follow after for no reason
Blind guy tells Jyn it is likely Cassian intends to murder Gallan unlike he led her to believe.
>>guy gets mind raped
>>later on he's perfectly fine
When Cassian meets him in the cell afterward he is clearly damaged, he is just snapped out of it by the sight of the destruction rushing towards him after Jeda city was destroyed.
And after that he was to focused more on his own part in that atrocity to dwell on his personal violation.
>>
>>80669966
Return of the Jedi is mediocre as fuck and is only saved by the throne room scenes. It's overrated due to association with the superior OT films.

RotS is only slightly less bad than the other prequels and is still a poorly shot, terribly written melodramatic mess of CGI bloat
>>
File: u mad bro.png (73KB, 166x180px) Image search: [Google]
u mad bro.png
73KB, 166x180px
>>80670147
>it didn't go the way i wanted it to
>bu-but this film did something worse
You sound mad.
>>
Nope.
>>
I just marathoned the first 5 minutes and I have to agree.
>>
>>80670346
>Jin's father once told her to run and hide
>Jin's father once tucked her into bed
>but for some reason I'm supposed to feel sad about this

Are you literally autistic? Do you need an hour worth of generic sappy family life scenes to understand what a bond between a parent and a child is? Only having abusive parents who never hugged you or something would excuse this brand of autism, in which case I'm really sorry for you.

>big romantic finale
Except it wasn't. They were two reluctant comrades who only in their last moments realized they actually perhaps could have liked each other more. Again, are you one of those autists who go
>omg, male and female in the same frame, it's totally romantic, they totally want to fug!11!

> the other characters change their mind and decide to follow after for no reason
>later on he's perfectly fine
Except he wasn't. He was fucking half-comatose when blind guy &co first encounter him.
Now I'm convinced you have ADHD. Try watching a movie without checking your smartphone every 1 minute next time, my 00s boi.
>>
>>80670792
>>it didn't go the way i wanted it to
I don't care that Sith didn't go how I might have envisioned it. I care that what they choose to do is nonsensical and incredibly incompetent.
>>
>>80670913
Contradicting yourself there, pal.
>>
>>80662385
It was, but that's not a high bar to set

Episode VII was bad. Rogue One wasnt bad, it just wasnt good. It was ok.
>>
Just watched up to the first scene with tarkin. I had no expectations going in and everything so far has been shit and tarkin looks horrible. I'm going to bed now. I'll watch the rest tomorrow.
>>
>>80670937
How?
>>
File: Mike liq.gif (1MB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
Mike liq.gif
1MB, 200x112px
I hold off on watching the RLM videos on it until Rogue One came out in a decent version.

Why the fuck were they so bitter about people liking it? It was known from over a year beforehand that it was about the Death Star plans, of course it was a prequel.
>>
>>80670768
Even then R1 is still superior to TFA so you can gtfo
>>
>>80670768
There is nothing wrong with Jedi beyond the Ewoks.
>>
>>80671040
there's nothing wrong with ewoks faggot
>>
I always liked the ww2 in space angle much more than muh back flipping magic monks so I loved r1. Everyone else can swivel
>>
>>80671009
It isn't, though. The only thing r1 does better are the space battles
>>
>>80666666
>>
>durr VII was bad

Only retards on /tv/
>>
>>80671298
>The only thing r1 does better are the space battles
and having an original story
>>
>>80671298
>>80671442
Rey is more fun & likable then Jyn, but Jyn is a much more well realized sympathetic tragic character.
Cassian is notably more bold & daring then Finn or Poe who both fall into the safe lead types.
Krenic & CGI Tarkin are better then Hux & Snoke.
Vader's massacre is better then anything Ren does.
All aliens & creatures in R1 look vastly better then the Rathtars.
Score is notably better.
>>
File: bunnyfu.jpg (2MB, 1604x2524px) Image search: [Google]
bunnyfu.jpg
2MB, 1604x2524px
wtf i love bunnygirls now
>>
>>80671606
R1 also has better practical effects than a film that bragged about having practical effects.
>>
>>80671376
>durr VII was good

Only retards on /tv/

stick to your generals you useless tasteless fucking cuck faggot

clearly wasn't enough niggers and mary sueing from strong females in rogue for you to enjoy it
>>
>>80662574
>E7 just felt more like classic Star Wars
What?
It was basic fucking JJ shovelware.
>>
>>80671716
Not who your talking too but I liked e7 a good deal but R1 did the lead female thing much better.
>>
>>80662574

Opinion discarded
>>
>>80670835
>Do you need an hour worth of generic sappy family life scenes to understand what a bond between a parent and a child is?
That's called lazy fucking screen writing. They did that same shit in World War Z. Don't bother giving Brad Pit's character any actual character, just give him a wife and some kids and then we can skip all those pesky scenes where we have to do character building.

>it wasn't a big romantic finale
yeah, because this steaming pile of shit was certainly above the typical Disney structure of "man and woman hate each other, then by the end they totally fall in love." Just because they went out on a hug and not a kiss doesn't make it any less romantic. They even played that romantic Star Wars theme at that moment.

Yeah, he was half comatose, and then at the end of the film he's repairing satellites. I guess his brain just got unfucked when it was convenient for the script? Brains work that way, right?
>>
>>80671786
I don't know if you realized but that was already my point

added on to the fact that the rabbit girl is a better actress than daisy, which isn't that hard to do

pretty comical that in both the recent star wars movies both the lead characters have been on the lower end of the rankings out of ALL the cast for acting ability
>>
>>80662574
maybe because it was a literal rehash of ANH, which already kinda happened with Death Star 2.0
>>
>>80671921
No both Ridley & Jones are great acting wise the problem lies with the mary sue writing of Rey.
>>
>>80672225
lol
>>
>>80671716
Nice shit opinion.

Go ahead and tell me the problems you had with it
>>
>>80662385
Episode 7 isn't boring. It isn't a slog to get through. It moves along nicely and it's well paced. Like a proper Star Wars movie should be.
>>
File: HOW.png (234KB, 286x496px) Image search: [Google]
HOW.png
234KB, 286x496px
>>80672767
>Episode 7
>well paced
>>
>>80666697
I'm surprised I agree with you
>>
>>80673822
It is well paced. Just like the original trilogy. Rogue One crawls.
>>
>>80670768

Return of the Jedi is GOAT, retard.
>>
>>80662385
Just watched it and i have to agree. It would be the best star wars movie except it cant exist on its own. Fuck it was well done im genuinely surprised
>>
Main characters were shit in both movies. Mary Sue and black dude willing to kill his friends and family for a girl he just met vs *insert blank*. Rogue ones wins because at least it fleshes out the Rebellion and the empire as organizations.

The Fake characters were also better in R1, Tarkin looked weird but it was more believable than Harrison Ford pretending to give a fuck about Han Solo.

Action scenes hands up R1

I dont remember the music score from either.

The story in R1 was at least original.

Yeah i guess R1 wins
>>
Rogue One is fucking boring. I didn't particularly like TFA, but it had something. R1 is just bland garbage that doesn't make me feel anything. The characters aren't fleshed out. They have no real arc. I don't care about any of them. Then they die. So gritty.
>>
>>80662545
that looks fucking delicious
>>
>>80675315
>Americans
>>
File: ss (2017-03-19 at 09.21.31).jpg (257KB, 1446x1039px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-03-19 at 09.21.31).jpg
257KB, 1446x1039px
My little cosplayer can't be this cute!
>>
>>80674635
That's not what pacing means, you idiot.
>falcon leaves jakku
>han finds them the next time the falcon is shown
>>
>>80675201
>The characters aren't fleshed out
yeah, mind telling me what the fuck maz kanata had to do with the light saber, what the fuck the first order is, how are they allowed to build up power and why they want "representation" in the reformed republic, why the resistance is called the resistance when it's part of the so-called government, what planet was blown up without linking me to external sources, who the fuck phasma is and is her name even mentioned and what the fuck does she do aside from dumpster diving, go on, i'll wait
>>
First time I saw R1 I thought it was better than TFA. After second and third time, im not that shure. Rouge one is better in some way, yes, but TFA has its strong sides, and in the end it comes to feel. Seeing Darth Vader killing those rebels made me happy eaven tho I knew that was fanservice, but who cares. But, seeing Luke on top of that hill, I still get goosebumps. And that is the point I thing, TFA is more connected to feel od SW, but R1 expands the story better.
>>
File: 1489972100832.jpg (139KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1489972100832.jpg
139KB, 2000x1333px
I still get mad about that lava temple scene. They could have had Vader in a non-speaking role and just introduced him via the scene onboard the rebel ship.

Reeks of Disney execs mandating that he had to have lines of dialogue.
>>
Why did donnie and forest get so much screen time despite having no impact on the plot?
>>
>>80675565
That's autism. Literal autism. None of that matters. It does matter, that none of the people in the new movie have any heart or character beyond a few superficial traits, so they unrelateable card board cut outs, which makes the whole movie uninteresting to watch. I might as well read a wookiepedie article for the information.
>>
>>80662385
fact, to bad were stuck with rey sue now
>>
>>80675801
as opposed to tfa's deep, strong, meaningful characters, right? lol
>>
>>80675801
I'm not saying Jyn is a deep or well written character, but they definitely put a lot more effort into her story and motivations than they did with any of the characters in TFA combined.
>>
>>80675865
TFA was a fun action adventure and the characters were sufficient for that.
This was supposedly a serious movie (it certainly wasn't fun), and you need characters people can care about if you want to have your drama to have any impact.

>>80675907
Jyn randomly changes her personality and outlook for no apparent reason inbetween scenes. From solitary apolitical to making speeches in front of rebels and dying for the cause. It doesn't help that we time skip her entire background and only get a few hints at what she did, but nothing about how she felt about it, or what her motivations are.
>>
>>80676029
>tfa
>fun
pick one. and rogue's characters were sufficient for its story. sorry they didn't make enough quips to your liking
>>
>>80676029
>From solitary apolitical to making speeches in front of rebels and dying for the cause
Except between those two scenes she found out that her father had dedicated his life's work to building a flaw in the death star specifically for the rebel cause, and held him in her arms as he died. Not exactly outstanding writing, but to call it "random" is an exaggeration.
>>
>>80671442
Rogue One relies more on the original film than TFA does, it's only """original""" in superficial ways
>>
>>80676139
They made too many quips for the kind of movie it was supposed to be.
>kill everyone in the end
>every other battle is the main characters killing storm troopers effortlessly while joking around
Sure makes for an engaging gritty war movie.
>>
If you think that R1 was anything other than boring and incompetent then you probably have brain damage. Fanservice is not an adequate substitute for character development.
>>
File: 1386970943832.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1386970943832.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>80675801
>That's autism. Literal autism. None of that matters.
>exposition and world-building isn't important guis!! let's have some random sapce fights and lightsaber battles wooow so cool
>>
>>80676198
it's more engaging than watching ford phone it in or a bad rehash of the trench run
>>
>>80676174
>relies more on the original film than TFA does
well no shit, it's a prequel literally a few hours to days before ANH, but the progression and focus of the story is different. TFA is actually only superficially different because they just changed the names of the death star to star killer base, the rebellion to the resistance, the empire to the first order, boba fett to phasma, kylo ren to darth vader, R2D2 to BB8, literally fellate a lightsaber and make the galaxy a better place anon
>>
File: 1482326086744.jpg (35KB, 640x459px) Image search: [Google]
1482326086744.jpg
35KB, 640x459px
>>80676305
You're stupid. Go be pretentious about dumb schlock elsewhere.

>episode I-III were better than IV-VI because they have politics

>>80676158
The problem is that we don't see her even think about it, it's like "state A" - > "events" -> "state B". No development, no transition, no discussion, she just changes and we can assume it has something to do with what she did, but that still doesn't explain why her character does a 180 in no time whatsoever. SOME reaction would be expected, but THIS reaction is way to fast, too extreme and completely behind the scenes, so I don't buy it.

>>80676360
>watching ford phone it in
You are about the only person who thinks that, about everyone else who saw it thought he was engaged and enjoying himself and doing a good job.
>>
>>80675482
She is so tiny compared to the others, it's adorable
>>
>>80676275
>>Muh character development

Not every movie needs to have strong characters to be enjoyable (most horror movies come to mind). Sometimes the characters are merely observers of the story you want to tell. Storytelling 101
>>
>>80676589
Yeah, you can tell she's like half the weight of every other storm trooper :3
>>
>>80676528
He wasnt the only one, i thought he was worse than CGI Tarkin
>>
>>80662385
It was about on par with VII. Had actual stakes and a plot that wasn't recycled 100% but took itself way too seriously at times.
>>
File: 1480257276007.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1480257276007.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>people putting 7/RO above EPISODE SIX because "muh ewoks"

dont forget the absolute MOST KINO LIGHTSABER SCENE at the end where luke's going ham on vader
>>
>>80676696
Not as good as Vader's light saber action in this movie.
>>
>>80676607
If you're going to kill everyone off in the film as some big emotional moment the least you can do is make us care about them.
>>
>>80676696
The only reason to watch 6 is the Vader/Luke confrontation. Without that scene, Rogue One would have been better.

Fuck 7 though.
>>
>>80676719
one scene, a literal remake of the scene from IV, and completely one sided

much better than the RO sequence (one of its only redeeming factors)
>>
>>80676759
... plus the entire tatooine sequence, yoda's death, the bike chase, all the emperor's scenes, luke and vader at the shuttle platform, the space battle, luke and the force ghosts. jedi has lots of great stuff
>>
>>80676528
I didn't say she was a well written character, my point was that it wasn't random, and was far more convincing than any of the character development in TFA.
>>
>>80672767
>Well paced
It rushes through the story at break neck speeds once they leave Jakku. But I guess that means it's well paced for the ADHD generation.
>>
File: rey a cute.jpg (10KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
rey a cute.jpg
10KB, 350x350px
>>80676402
>hurr durr I noticed there was an X-Wing and a death star literally the EXACT SAME MOVIE! I AM A GENIUS!

fuck off, you're not intelligent for noticing these things. Most people saw the superficial similarities to the original film but realized it was done for a thematic point about the nature of legacy and how the new generation constantly attempts to imitate the old because they are unsure of themselves when they have to live in the shadow of greatness. Most of the similarities are subverted anyway; for example, Kylo Ren is similar to Vader but is actually an insecure loser who's trying and failing to imitate his idol to make up for his own shortcomings and self-loathing.

meanwhile Rogue One just throwing in a bunch of hamfisted cameos for no reason other than to make Americans clap when they see ponda boba and princess leia

>>80676360
Return of the Jedi is the movie where Ford phoned it in, not TFA.
>>
>>80676979
It doesn't rush anymore than the original trilogy.
>>
>>80676979
I bet you're the kinda faggot who thinks adding Jabba back into ANH was a good thing because it """world-builds"""
>>
>>80676981
yeah, and it's still better than tfa
>>
Was I the only one who was bothered when no one in the base noticed the spic was a rebel spy?
I mean every imperial is clean, shaven and there's this spic with a stubble walking around
>>
>>80676981
>Return of the Jedi is the movie where Ford phoned it in, not TFA.

This is true. But Ford did have some pretty cringe scenes in TFA.
>>
>>80677015
>It doesn't rush anymore than the original trilogy.
"No"
>>80677020
I think you've got a Transformers movie to watch.
>>
>>80677298
what
>>
>>80677020
Adding Jabba in ANH explains how Jabba got the message Han told Greedo to send to Jabba
>>
>>80677298
>I think you've got a Transformers movie to watch.

No, the Transformers films are overly long and spend way too much time delivering needless exposition, which is exactly what the jabba scene in the special edition does - it repeats information we already know for absolutely no reason and the movie is better served with its exclusion

it's almost as if the original Star Wars movie was widely praised for its editing and fast pace and won some kind of academy award for it
>>
>>80676719
>"LIGHTSABER!"
>>
>>80677070
not an argument, nerd.
>>
>>80677813
the argument was that jedi is better than tfa despite ford's phoning it in because of the things mentioned in >>80676917
>>
>>80663928
Everyone was new and good except for the ewoks. Luke vs Vader with the emperor watching is pretty kino.
>>
>>80675482
Seeing her walk around in that armor and helmet is without a doubt my favorite part of the entire movie.
She's fucking adorable, I just want to hug her.
>>
I actually thought it was well directed, the script was just weak as hell and the two main actors sucked
>>
I just watched it and I was surprised by how serious the tone gets toward the end. Didn't expect all of them to die.

I thought a good two thirds of it was quite a snooze however.
>>
I was very close to turning Rogue One off after about an hour because it was so boring. I only persevered because the locations and some of the shots were so nice. Then the action at the end somewhat left me satisfied. Taken as a whole though I can't give it more than a 6/10, about the same as TFA but for different reasons
>>
>>80680287
I had a very similar experience. I paused it a few times just because I was so bored.
>>
>>80662385
I liked the vietnam vibe of the rebels outfits
>>
>>80662574
Also would've been nice if Jones wasn't so obviously trying to blacken Vader up a bit.
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.