[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Series ends with the villains getting away with everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (28KB, 480x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 480x325px
>Series ends with the villains getting away with everything and the main hero going to prison
Has Marvel gone too far?
>>
>>80654396
>series ends abruptly after only 7 episodes with them pointlessly killing off the only interesting antagonist

Pretty strange honestly. I mean I guess it's a good thing that they didn't keep going and replace Cottonmouth with a bunch of unlikeable and poorly written goons with no charisma. Really would have sunk the show to an unwatchable low. What do you think is going to happen next season?
>>
>>80654396
>Every action scene is the same

God it got boring so fast
>>
>>80654396
>antagonist says there are other ways to hurt a bulletproof man - drowning, poisoning, etc. wow Marvel that'd be a good solution and make for interesting situations
>lol super bullets
>>
>>80656543
I wish I stopped watching at that point, fucking ridiculous
>>
>>80656654
he also gets super punched to get hurt. Anything a suit could do a truck could do, but he can tank cars easily. I could rationalize the shotgun blast in Jessica Jones since it's concussive force going through to his brain but if you can body block a car, you can take a hit from a super pajama suit.
>>
File: 1393453529885.jpg (149KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1393453529885.jpg
149KB, 5000x5000px
>>80654396
>season ends with a train wreck of a "boss" fight.
>>
The best parts of the show revolved around the whole "You might be bulletproof, but Harlem isn't" idea and public politics of putting someone on a pedestal. Unfortunately they flushed all that down the toilet with Diamondback.

They could have done so much more with Mariah and Shades, hopefully they revisit that well if it gets a second season.
>>
>>80656832
I agree. It works best when it follows a route closer to Superman, focusing less on fights and more on being able to fix what's around him.
>>
>>80656832

Nah the whole inspirational black hero thing was stupid as fuck considering all the villians where black
>>
>>80657012
Why is that dumb? It's saying that black people are holding black people back and black people need to fix that.

White people do a lot of wrong to black people and are partly responsible for keeping them down, but they also aren't responsible for the anti-intellectualism in hood culture that tells kids to not care about education.
>>
>>80655339
well next season will be post defenders so it could be luke cage and iron fist together VS shades and comanche? ward may give shades lazer sunglasses in the defenders

half the season wil probably be with danny the other half with jessica them getting their fuck on
>>
>>80657012
>a black hero has to beat up white villains to be inspirational

it's people like you that are going to keep this society down.
>>
Luke Cage actually handled the idea of escalation, collateral damage and innocent bystanders better than Civil War or BvS.*

Fight me.

>*At least for the first half of the show, anyway
>>
>black man
>invincible to police bullets
>goes to prison
DEEP SOCIAL COMMENTARY
>>
>>80657070
lol, go into detail about how whitie is keeping black people down

i didn't realize we live in the 1920s
>>
>>80657070
This.
Luke Cage had its faults, but I feel like a lot of folk missed the point of the show.
>>
>>80657131
Me personally? There's 2 kids out there with a white daddy who isn't around because I wanted to go to grad school.
>>
>>80656543
>lol super bullets
I loved it. Even the name they gave to them. It was pure camp.
>>
File: 1279822060238.gif (11KB, 195x235px) Image search: [Google]
1279822060238.gif
11KB, 195x235px
>>80657318
I want to know how shitty gangsters got their hands on alien metal. Consider the sorts of powerful organizations that would all be scrambling to collect all the alien tech after the incident. Shield obviously. And then there's the hydra faction within shield. The Hand would probably jump at the opportunity. But some random black guy just happens across enough alien metal that he can start mass producing bullets and selling them.
>>
I didn't mind the super-bullets, it was the power ranger suit that had my eyes rolling.

>Every capeshit conflict has to come down to punching.

Cage will have ample opportunity to punch shit in the Defenders, we didn't need a boss fight in his show.
>>
>>80654396
>nigger going to jail

i don't see a problem with that f-ak
>>
>>80657580
There was also no reason to believe low-grade bullets loaded into an SMG would be as effective as a high quality bullet fired from a sniper rifle. You need some minimum penetrating power to hurt Cage with those. He didn't even get hurt all that bad from the sniper rifle bullet (all things considered for a gunshot wound), it was only treating him that was the problem. No way SMG bullets are going to hurt him.
>>
>>80657580
Given that Diamondback was able to get his hands on Hammertech as well, I think his connections go higher than "shitty gangster" and that would have made a much better B story than the one we got.
>>
>>80657080
>lazer sunglasses

No. Do not pull another Diamondback. Shades was one of the best characters in the show because he knew how to play the game right, and if you play the game right you don't need laser goggles or power suits to take down an indestructible hero.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.