[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So now that the dust has settled what did /tv/ think of this film?
>>
>>80632942
entertaining at times, but objectively not very good. everything feels confused like it's trying to be two things at once and fails at being either. but there are some really funny moments and nice cinematography

probably a waste of time watching if you're uptight and need your monster/parody movies to have significant character development or deep meaning
>>
It's good.
Not kino. But good.
>>
>>80632942
shallow and unimaginative

occasional good visuals, but not enough to justify the cliché story and characters
>>
>>80633171
>Significant character development
There's arguably only two characters in the whole damn movie.
The rest are just there.
>>
>>80633261
I think the monsters were imaginitave.

I didn't expect any deep characters or storyline. Just cool monsters and king Kong. I got that I'm satisfied.
>>
>>80633354
the thing is I'm fine with the one-dimensional exaggerated characters like john c. reilly and samuel l. jackson's characters. if you're not going to have believable characters then at least make them funny and go all out with the farcical, cartoonish elements. but then they were contrasted with brie larson and tom hiddleston, who got just as much screentime and were neither interesting or funny. it just reeks of conflicting ideas about what the film was supposed to be
>>
>>80633572
I think the movie would have been better without hiddleston.

Just make the character focus on the scientists at odds with samuel l Jackson.

Have any romance just be the small implied thing between black nerd and Asian geological girl.

Honestly feels like hiddleston demanded his character get more lines. He is the last one inteoduced .
>>
>>80633858
This whole movie honestly only felt a step above being transformers tier.
>>
Solid 4/10 movie with some good visuals. Slightly above capeshit trash.
>>
>>80632942
i was significantly disappointed

the final fight sequence was really good and there were some great shots throughout, but even as a popcorn flick it faltered often for me
>>
>>80632942
The dust still hasn't settled
>>
>>80632942
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=13s
it was shit.
In the same way Cranston should have been the main character for all of Godzilla, John C Reilly should've been the main character for all of Kong. Jackson and Goodman were also wasted
>>
I was strongly disappointed. Not worth the $120 spent to be honest.
>>
Was there a scene of a dude being eaten alive by giant leeches/maggots? If not I'm not interested.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.