[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who the hell wants to watch this in the middle of summer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7613.jpg (104KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7613.jpg
104KB, 980x490px
Who the hell wants to watch this in the middle of summer?
>>
>>80615452
Season 7 is gonna be so shit
>>
File: 3423424234.png (50KB, 180x191px) Image search: [Google]
3423424234.png
50KB, 180x191px
>>80615452

>Winter is coming
>Comes on in the summer
>>
>>80615452

>he thinks America comes before the rest of the world now
>>
>>80615500
Any pretense of originality is goin out the window. We gonna get a fairytale
>>
>>80615560
There's nothing of relevance below the equator.
>>
>>80615500
Yep

>>80615452

Releasing during summer so it's crapulence is overshadowed by everything else
>>
>>80615560
what do you mean now?

always
>>
>>80615452
Did you just assume my hemisphere?
>>
It's amazing how photorealistic CGI has become. Is that dragon even a tiny percentage off from how an actual dragon would look on camera? Jesus.
>>
>>80615752
Lol, people were saying basically the same thing in the 70's and onwards. Remember Jurassic Park? No, you don't. But the trick is that you've never seen "a real dragon." If it was CGI horse, you could tell the difference quite easily.
>>
>>80615739
If your Coriolis effect is counterclockwise, you live in the northern hemisphere. I'm sorry, I'm a traditionalist, it's how I was raised.
>>
>>80615799
>No, you don't
Ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word
>>
>>80615910
Did you just assume my toilet flush direction?
>>
>>80615934
God made them rotate like that, it doesn't matter what Cultural Marxist say
>>
>>80615799
It doesn't matter if people were saying the same thing at any point, people are totally unaware of big budget CGI now. It's objectively approaching photorealism.

>But the trick is that you've never seen "a real dragon."

That's not a trick at all, you just liken it to real creatures with scales.
>>
>>80615452
BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes…
>>
>>80615500
Season 5 and 6 were terrible. Worse than The Walking Dead. Wake the fuck up.
>>
well at least ill be able to get as drunk as I want when I watch it without worrying about being so hungover I cant go to class
>>
>>80615510
>winter is here
>practically 0 snow
Makes you want to start reading books
>>
cant be that bad as long as cersei is still alive

...shes gonna die this season isn't she
>>
>>80616159
>cant be that bad as long as this crooked faced shit character is still alive
ok enjoy your feminism
>>
>>80616189
She's a great character and a great actress. You mention feminism but you're clearly the one with a butthurt identity politics agenda you fragile /pol/erina cunt. Go bleed your pussy on your containment board.
>>
>>80616234
>a great actress
Link a scene you think screams "great actress"
>>
>>80615452
>Who the hell wants to watch this
Should have stopped there desu
>>
>>80616189
>ok enjoy your feminism
the yay feminism look at me im a strong womyn is in OPs pic
>>
>>80616299
Uh

>Yara
>Oleena
>Sansa
>Arya
>Brieene
>>
>>80616299
No shit, retard. Every female role but Sansa is stronk womyn and Sansa is about to get Littlefinger murdered like its no big deal anyways. Remember when people praised GoT for brutal authenticity?
>>
>>80616347
>Every female role
What about Samwell Tully's bitch? And Lisa Arryn.
>>
>>80616234
>villain-sue
>great character
i bet you thought ramsay was a great character in the show too
>>
>>80616575
Lysa was portrayed negatively because she was infatuated with a man, instead of being the one to inspire infatuation. Gilly is a minor character, the main point is that almost every position of power inthe series is Ib The hands of an stronk women, evil man, or dickless (literally or figuratively) cuck
>>
>>80616612
>villain-sue
>a character that has lost everything
>now rules due to being literally the only person left alive

god damn you MRA neckbeards are retarded
>>
probably a lot of people

considering its the most watched television show and most pirated television show and /tv/ will be filled with threads of it when its on

or maybe no one
>>
>>80616658
>blows up holiest site in the continent
>no repercussions
lol
>>
>>80616699
>no repercussions

That's because it was the last episode of the season you brainless cunt
>>
>>80616720
the last episode covered fucking weeks
and you clearly havent seen the leaks because they're not going to fucking bother showing any consequences anyway
>>
>>80616720
well, i've read the leaked S7 script and i'll tel you that there is no repercussions

(not him btw)
>>
>>80615452
>cool off during the summer by watching this show set in a cold place

wow do people really do this
>>
>>80616649
>Every female role
>almost every position of power
> Lysa wasn't portrayed as a strong woman because she wasn't a stronk woman
Fuck you tunnel visioned dumb nigger. Pretty much all the "strong" characters are showed to be acting out of fear fueled by insecurites, male and female. Your problem is that you think there should be some special circumstance for any woman that is given the spotlight, well there is. It is called selective reporting and a biased narritive.

Also Brienne.
>>
>>80615500
When it shed the normie barrier of guys-talking-in-rooms, it was only all downhill from there.
>>
>>80616750
>>80616764
>reading leaks

I can't imagine the combination of clinical retardation and lack of impulse control that causes speds to do this. Why would you ever read leaks? Also logistically speaking it would take some time for any repercussion to happen because Cersei has control of King's Landing. What immediate repercussions are you talking about? A peasant revolt? Everyone is terrified of her 8 foot invincible zombie bodyguard. There needs to be an actual army for her to suffer whatever repercussions you're talking about, unless someone close to her takes her out.
>>
>>80616699
>implying that anyone actually worshipped the seven
Duder, that religion was all just for appearances sake.
>>
Why is Daenerys popular?

I know a Vietnam veteran who roots her every time she comes on the screen.
>>
>>80616649
It's almost as though the course of the story is that the brave men fight and lay waste to each other, and then slowly but surely the people in the background, the non-fighters, come to the foreground. How do you SJWs even function? Do you just burst into tears whenever you see something that triggers your fragile narrative?
>>
>>80616832
I care nothing for this meme show, why would I balk at reading a script for it, I haven't even watched season 5. I just skipped it and went on to season 6, which was also terrible.
>>
>>80616861
Tits. Self insert power fantasy. Coming of age = infinate possibility.
>>
>>80616899
If you care nothing for it why would you read the script at all? Why would you post in threads about it? There's this really strange notion on this site that it's normal to constantly discuss shows and movies that you supposedly hate, but that isn't normal. You're fucking deranged. Get a life you fucking loser.
>>
>>80616832
There was actually a study done that showed that spoilers made people like shows better because it raised their anticipation of it. Not going to link you because to drunk to be bothered right now, might have been in predictibly irrational or something.
>>
>>80616832
>I can't imagine the combination of clinical retardation and lack of impulse control that causes speds to do this. Why would you ever read leaks?
because the show is fucking awful now so im not going to bother saving myself for a surprise thats going to be just as shitty anyway
>What immediate repercussions are you talking about?
i dont fucking know maybe losing some support from the west since she blew up her uncle, or losing food from the crownlands since she blew up some of their nobility, and yeah a peasant revolt because peasants fucking revolt when they get pissed off by shit like that, especially after they've been all riled up by militant religious guys
>>
>>80616826
In a feudal society where people judge you on strength an military leadership? Yes women in power realistically should require special circumstances, at the very least a strong male figure to offer assurance, as many real life female regents had.

I forgive Dany, because she is supposed to be a messiah figure, and the show at least touches on the role of religiosity fueling loyalty to her. But for the majority of the Seven kingdoms to embrace female rulers, some of whom murdered their predessesors, feels shoehorned
>>
>>80616933
>You're fucking deranged. Get a life you fucking loser.

you seem a bit upset
>>
>>80616971
>because the show is fucking awful now

Are you retarded? The Door, Battle of the Bastards, and the finale alone make the season great. You have shit taste, you're a retard.
>>
>>80617009
>people judge you on strength an military leadership
laughing_littlefinger.jpg
>>
>>80617009
Did you read my response? Look up survivorship bias. Even GeorgeRogerRabbitMartin isn't autistic enough to enough to tell the story of all the people (men and women) that fucked up.
>>
>>80617009
This is only an argument if there's no context. We've been following the stories of each of those characters for some time, and all of them landed plausibly in their current circumstances. What happened in the show is that the major families all killed each other, and so the only people left are the ones who were kept safely in castles away from harm. Naturally, a lot of these people are going to be women. The amusing thing is that depending on which side of identity politics whining you're on, you could claim this is feminist (hurr durr stronk womyn) or misogynist (hurr durr women can only get a chance to rule as a last resort!) This is why everyone with a brain hates all of you stupid cunts, you have zero awareness.
>>
File: s7.jpg (32KB, 1229x127px) Image search: [Google]
s7.jpg
32KB, 1229x127px
>>80617082
yeah, they have good cinematography and create a nice atmosphere for scenes like that, but the plot is a fucking mess, characters do retarded out-of-character shit all the time and if you're judging the show over how pretty it looks then you're fucking retarded
for example everything about battle of the bastards was just dumb
like how the fuck does an army from the vale sneak up thousands of miles to the north like that without anyone noticing?
why is the fucking giant swiping at shit with his hands instead of just grabbing a tree trunk like we already know he can?
how the fuck do you get a wall of corpses on an open fucking field?
why the fuck does sansa not say anything about reinforcements coming?
>>
>>80616769

I hate summer and the heat. I know a lot of people who do.
>>
File: 1463306345495.jpg (27KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
1463306345495.jpg
27KB, 600x418px
It will be winter down here
>>
>>80617275
>like how the fuck does an army from the vale sneak up thousands of miles to the north like that without anyone noticing?

The army of the Vale was already at moat cailin, as Littlefinger tells Sansa earlier. I'm not sure but I think Ramsay believe the Vale was on their side.

>why is the fucking giant swiping at shit with his hands instead of just grabbing a tree trunk like we already know he can?

Who knows, this is a stupid gripe. Maybe the giant has a particular fighting style he prefers, I think giants are characterized as stupid and stubborn. Maybe he would become fatigued too quickly.

>how the fuck do you get a wall of corpses on an open fucking field?

My theory is that as the bodies pile up, soldiers preferentially fight near them for a bit of cover or camouflage and protection from the horses. As more and more people die, more and more people use the bodies for this purpose.

>why the fuck does sansa not say anything about reinforcements coming?

She has doubts or ulterior motives. This is a literally a part of the story, it's not like they just wrote it off. Sansa has been changed drastically by her experiences, she smiles as she feeds Ramsay to dogs.
>>
>>80616861
She's still quite popular but since the early days she's definitely lost some appeal to a decent number of normies.

Meanwhile Jon Snow has potentially eclipsed her at this point too really.
>>
>>80617150
Thanks for explaining that with reasonable words anon. I wanted to but just
>>
I'm with you op for video game releases or whatever, won't do it in the summer. But one hour a week television show? That's fine, I don't want to be outside ALL the time.
>>
>>80617468
>She has doubts or ulterior motives.
I'm thinking it was insecurities and stupidity. She doesn't want to admit what she has done, to herself or her brother, and she is to stupid to realise that this shit is going to bite her harder in the future than now.
>>
>>80615452
Drag your TV into the freezer with you. You can pretend you are a white walker. It will be fun!
>>
>>80615799
>Remember Jurassic Park? No, you don't

millennials gtfo
>>
>>80617150
not that anon

you make a good point about how it can be interpreted both ways

i think it's important to note that i think many of the characters are given way too much plot armour - i think that has nothing to do with them being female, i think jon snow is in there too

it feels unjustified because many of the characters have something "meta" wrong with them

dany - emilia clarke can't act

salsa - sophie turner can't act

arya - blind stick combats for too long, suddenly is a masterassassin

brienne - super ninja powers to track down stannis at the end of season 5, and the ability to fall off a horse in full plate without even being winded, plenty of plot armour

sand sneks - no explanation needed

it's also because one of the main ways you build support and a wanting to "root for" a character in the viewer is you make them suffer - this is why i don't think anyone resents cersei's ascension, besides lena headey being a great actress - we've seen her suffer, we've seen her nearly kill herself, the walk of shame, her children being killed - her revenge feels righteous

i think we'd have this resentment towards the other characters even if they were male and in the exact same role storywise
>>
>>80617468
>The army of the Vale was already at moat cailin, as Littlefinger tells Sansa earlier.
yeah and you'd think this means that ramsay would fucking know about it
>I'm not sure but I think Ramsay believe the Vale was on their side.
fucking why? for what purpose would an army form the vale be making its way north for? this makes zero sense
>Who knows, this is a stupid gripe.
no it's stupid writing. we've already seen the giant whacking zombie shits with a trunk, there's no reason that he'd be lined up for battle without any sort of weapon
>My theory is that as the bodies pile up, soldiers preferentially fight near them for a bit of cover or camouflage and protection from the horses. As more and more people die, more and more people use the bodies for this purpose.
this only works if they're literally jumping on top of the corpse pile, over and over. it's fucking stupid
>She has doubts or ulterior motives
motives like getting revenge on ramsay? and she decides the best way to go about that it by risking all their hopes of victory for an epic cavalry saves the day moment? it's awful writing that sansa is even in the north in the first place, let alone this shit
not to mention the classic 'the north forgets' plotline that preceded all this
>>
>>80617642

>no it's stupid writing. we've already seen the giant whacking zombie shits with a trunk, there's no reason that he'd be lined up for battle without any sort of weapon

A giant belonging to a race characterized as dumb, proud, and stubborn fighting the way it wants to isn't bad writing at all. You're just making blind assumptions on how something should be with zero evidence, and then calling the alternative bad with zero evidence. We saw the giant fighting with a tree trunk under extremely different circumstances. He was retreating from mindless zombies at the time who don't react or move out of the way, and he only needed to last a bit longer so it didn't matter how much energy he used. The giant is actually visibly exhausted as he gets to the sea at the end of Hardhome.

>this only works if they're literally jumping on top of the corpse pile, over and over. it's fucking stupid

Yes, and I see nothing wrong with that. I can easily see soldiers moving over the wall to take cover from arrows, climbing up the wall to get some high ground over opponents or avoid horses.

http://www.scottmanning.com/content/8-ancient-accounts-of-bodies-piling-up-in-battle/

>motives like getting revenge on ramsay?

No, motives like usurping Jon and taking the position of Queen in the North for herself. I think she harbors some resentment.
>>
>>80617764
>>80617642

Oh and I agree that something was left unexplained with the army of the Vale, I just don't think it's as much of an issue as you're making it out to be. The logistics of turning so much story into a show baffles me anyway, so I've always understood why some things get overlooked in adaptations.
>>
>>80617642
>>Who knows, this is a stupid gripe.
>no it's stupid writing. we've already seen the giant whacking zombie shits with a trunk, there's no reason that he'd be lined up for battle without any sort of weapon
>>My theory is that as the bodies pile up, soldiers preferentially fight near them for a bit of cover or camouflage and protection from the horses. As more and more people die, more and more people use the bodies for this purpose.
>this only works if they're literally jumping on top of the corpse pile, over and over. it's fucking stupid
No-one has ever defended that episode.
>>
>>80615510
>we want the down under audience
>>
>>80617892
What the fuck is this post saying?
>>
>>80617764
>>80617821
the giant has already been shown to be resourceful when he has to fight
therefore it makes sense that he should be able to pick up a big stick or some shit for the battle
>Yes, and I see nothing wrong with that.
you see nothing wrong with waves of people continuously climbing on top of corpses only to die on top of the corpses and not even fall off the pile ON AN OPEN FIELD? ok. also it's funny that the link you gave doesnt have a single medieval battle, and the accounts say shit like 'the bodies were an obstacle', not 'they were piling up over head-height'
>No, motives like usurping Jon and taking the position of Queen in the North for herself
right, so after all those heartwarming reunion scenes, she wants him dead? like i said, it's awful writing that she's even in the north in the first place

and there's a ton of other examples of shitty writing from season 5/6

>The logistics of turning so much story into a show baffles me anyway, so I've always understood why some things get overlooked in adaptations.
this entire arc was 90% shitty OC by the showrunners, the whole vale army thing has no basis in the source material
>>
>>80617998
That there is no point in arguing that it is shit because it is crystal clear to everyone. Anyone who argues that it is not shit is just shiposting.
>>
>>80617919
They have tv's there now? With electricity and everything? What the hell
>>
>>80615452
Literally millions of people.
>>
>>80618139
It is how they pacified the natives, desu.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.