[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

imdb message boards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: imdb-message-boards.jpg (45KB, 500x221px) Image search: [Google]
imdb-message-boards.jpg
45KB, 500x221px
Why did they shut them down, really? Was it because film industry people were getting made fun of on their personal imdb boards or something?

Is there a good alternative? I mean /tv/ and sites like reddit are great for random popular movie discussion, but they do not have dedicated discussion boards for every film (meaning if you want to discuss something obscure, no one will ever reply). imdb didn't auto-archive old threads, so you could always use it to (very slowly) discuss obscure movies and people.

Maybe Rotten Tomatoes should add message boards to fill the void?
>>
because imdb are a bunch of cunts.
>>
Yeah, it's bullshit. I loved those things.
>>
>>80608901
it was because it was filled with right-wing drumpftards
>>
What is the alternative site like that with a discussion board that isn't /tv/ or leddit?
>>
>>80609225
That's what I'm asking. I don't think one exists; at least not one with a large enough user base to sustain discussion of obscure / old shit
>>
Because they're retarded. They think they can quantify the value of the discussion boards based on shit like server expenses, moderator wages, and traffic statistics. I give them a year before they admit they fucked up and try to reintroduce them (with some desperately needed improvements)
>>
>>80609198
This.

I will be glad when the internet is censored and empty because at least the alt right wont be able to talk about drumpf.

Make Donald DRUMPF again
>>
Most sites are closing comments.

No one wants criticism of their work on their work.

IMDb has been getting less and less detailed and useful over the years anyway.

It might end up like All Music.
>>
>>80610513
go to bed John!
>>
>>80608901
Because they were filled with cancer.
>>
>>80609198

It seems everywhere is filled with Drumpftards.

They sure are a powerful and influential lot.
>>
NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO DISLIKE GHOST BUSTERS OR AMY SCHUMER EVER AGAIN

MUAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>80610583

They were literally plebbit tier, but it was always fun going onto obscure movies or actresses and seeing the strange small communities devoted to them.
>>
>>80608901
>imdb didn't auto-archive old threads, so you could always use it to (very slowly) discuss obscure movies and people.
I wish GameFAQs did this
>>
>>80609225
Letterboxd
themoviedb
>>
>>80608901
themoviedb.org
moviechat.org
>>
>>80611155
>moviechat.org

nice, prefer this over moviedb
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.