[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was it so kino? How was BASED Jackson the only person to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: King_Kong_2005.jpg (191KB, 1024x778px) Image search: [Google]
King_Kong_2005.jpg
191KB, 1024x778px
How was it so kino? How was BASED Jackson the only person to ever make a good King Kong movie?
>>
That fucking bug pit scene
>>
It was kino my brotha
>>
File: 1395872343109.jpg (35KB, 450x370px) Image search: [Google]
1395872343109.jpg
35KB, 450x370px
>he keeps making the same thread over and over
>>
it was utter garbage. Jack Black as a dramatic lead? is hackson retarded?
>>
I just watched the new one what a fucking disgrace.
>DUDE LOOK A GIANT MONKEY
>DUDE LOOK A GIANT SPIDER
>DUDE LOOK A GIANT OXEN
>DUDE LOOK A GIANT STICKBUG
>DUDE LOOK A GIANT LIZARD
>DUDE LOOK JOHN C. REILY
the end
>>
Cant watch peter jackson king kong. It wasnt bad. But repeated viewing i just saw Some great scenes then terrible ones. It just wasnt consistent to me. Maybe its the cgi. Maybe its the plot. I wish i did like it as much as you anon.
>>
>>80608991
This.
Things just kind of happened; nothing felt built up, and everything felt pointless.
I think it got a decent tomato score because of all it's 60's counter culture bullshit.
>>
>>80608991
just a normal John C. Reily or a giant one?
>>
>>80609197
Watching a giant John C Reilly fight Kong would have made this kino
>>
>>80608991

You forgot DUDE LOOK GODZILLA.
>>
>>80609134

I've probably watched Jackson's KK, both regular and extended versions, over 100 times. It's literally one of my favorite movies of all time. I love every shot and scene, and love the casting and performances.
>>
>>80609145
When the one soldier fucking blew himself up with the grenades to try to kill the skull thing I had no idea what the director was trying to convey. No buildup or anything. I just laughed out loud in the theater.
>>
>>80608693
The 33' version is amazing.
>>
>>80612407
When comes right down to this movie was just badly edited. Like it does so little to distinguish the different groups as they go through the jungle they might as well have been the same fucking group. It's baffling how much this movie just bothers me. I mean it wasn't boring, and it had some good action but it just all felt so fucking hollow and pointless.
I just don't get it.
>>
The first King Kong movie I've ever seen is skull island. Did I dun goofed?
>>
>>80608693
Jackson's Kong Movie sucks
>>
>>80612642
Yeah but you can ungoof yourself by watching the good ones.
>>
>>80610435
What are the differences between the two versions, recently watched PJs KK but now I dont know which version I saw.
>>
>>80612722
Extended version has few more monster scene's. If the one you watched had the giant barracuda monster it was the extended version.
>>
File: Kong Bar Fight Scene.webm (3MB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Kong Bar Fight Scene.webm
3MB, 1280x536px
>>80608991
that editing tho
>>
>>80612901
The one in the swamp that came after the weird little swimming centipede things?
>>
>>80613027
Yeah and they're all on rafts. That scene.
>>
>>80608693

Visual effects were great but anything with human characters in it looked terrible.
I don't know how WETA managed to make their greenscreen scenes look worse since LOTR
>>
>>80613051
Okay cool, that scene was in the version I saw, thanks!
>>
>>80608693
That film is a waste of 3 and a half hours, The only good King Kong is the original
>>
>>80613150
LOTR was a fluke
>>
Kong: Skull Island is actually a giant redpill.

>island in the pacific where prehistoric creatures still live (actually exists)
>hollow earth theory been shown to the masses
>shots of fungi, possibly alluding to use of psilocybin in a ritualistic, orgiastic, entheogenic way by the indiginous tribe
>battle between Kong and the huge reptile, symbolizing the war between us mammals and reptillian ETs that has been fought for millenia
>>
File: JONES3.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
JONES3.png
126KB, 309x313px
>>80613423
At last I truly see.
>>
you could've trimmed 30 minutes off of this and it would've been 80x better
>>
>>80612942
yea it's pretty shite
>>
You felt genuinely sympathetic to Kong. Patrice O'neal sums it up pretty good. rip in peace big fella
https://youtu.be/pa8iaWqYAls
>>
File: 1437563153038.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1437563153038.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>80612567
>The 33' version is amazing.
>>
>>80613702
It's more fedora to say it sucks famalam.
>>
>>80613818
Yeah nah white knighting a derelict from 90 years ago is far higher on the fedora scale especially with such a superior remake exists.
>>
>>80612942
Is this a parody with Asian Jack Black? This looks terrible.
>>
>>80613968
33 was already an advanced year for films, have you ever even watched one from the era?
>>
>>80614262
Tip that fedora a little more
>>
>>80612942
actually lost all interest in seeing this with this one clip, thanks anon. will pirate in a few months
>>
>>80613525
you should editing it down to your perfect vision of the film. would be interesting
>>
Did we watch the same movie??

I nearly died of boredom in that CGI snooze-fest
>>
>>80614262
care to elaborate? any recs?
>>
>>80612407

That was meant to be the "heroic sacrifice" scene. They already knew that these things largely swallowed humans whole, so obviously he plans to have that happen to him, then hopefully he blows it up from inside.

However, I guess the creature wasn't fucking retarded or something, and figured "hold on a sec, this human isn't running from me, that's a bit suspicious" and rather than eating him, basically threw him as far away as he could.
>>
It's quite good, but it's nowhere near the original.
>>
>>80614678
Yeah it's a pretty bad movie. SLJ saved it kinda
>>
>AngryJoe praises Suicide Squad
>He also praises this movie
I don't understand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwRE_NJD-oI
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>80614262

>mfw he doesn't exclusively watch pre-WW2 silent kino's
>>
>>80613607
this guy was a ledge, i need to check out more of his stuff. really interesting what he said in the beginning about kong and naomi, i never thought about it from that perspective, guess since i havent seen it since my teen years
>>
>>80614795
That's a really cool subversion of tropes.
>>
>>80615111

There were a few of them in the movie.

Examples:

John C Reilly's character actually surviving to the end, and getting a genuinely happy ending

Brie Larson about to go full "emotional woman speech" before getting completely fucking shut down by Samuel L Jackson.

Samuel L Jackson's character actually remaining full villain until the very end, no "oh shit Kong's the good guy better help him" bollocks.

The two soldiers running from Kong early on, with one actually running to the side trying to avoid his footsteps, screaming at the other to do the same.
>>
>>80616164
This is why its a great movie. A very refreshing cinematic experience
>>
>>80616164

I guess I didn't give it credit for that but they should of handled Kong better.
>>
>>80614310
On the fedorian Scale the Jackson remake ranks higher
>>
>>80614884
>doesn't exclusively watch cave paintings
I pity you
>>
>>80613968
Are you one of those people that refuse to watch a black and white movie?
>>
>>80609277
>iz ahh sh-showdown time, konkey kang! put em up!
>For your health
>>
i laughed hard in the cinema (in ireland) when samuel l jackson said 'awhhhh hell noooo!'
no one else did
>>
>>80615031
The only celebrity i have felt genuine remorse for, i wish Patrice had been around to see SJW's go wild during the last couple years would have been great to get his reaction to it. Some of my favorite moments of his were when angry women called in and he would just regulate them.
https://youtu.be/hFFNOpNsZgQ
one of my favorites. Check out "The Black Phillip Show" if you haven't, it's a relationship show which is about a certain mind set and way of thinking regarding women and is the the basis for the bit he was talking about about kong and naomi and "getting a bitch". Hilarious and insightful, changed the way i think about women and relationships
https://youtu.be/LPq7CyHqQ2I
fuck i miss him
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.