[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel tv series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Legion.jpg (15KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.jpg
15KB, 182x268px
Top 3 Marvel series? For me:
1 Legion
2 Agent Carter
3 Gotham probably
>>
>>80598203
Marvel series?

It's this bait?
>>
>>80598263
Eh yeah, lets call it bait.
Ok, fine, top 3 super hero series
>>
File: 1459935511571.png (629KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459935511571.png
629KB, 640x640px
>Gotham
>Marvel
>Top three

Even considering DC shows as well, Gotham is middle of the pack.
>>
>>80598365
I know Gotham is more for kids, but it's well written and not cliché
Give your top three then
>>
>>80598203
Leftovers
Captain american: winter war soldier
the sopranos
>>
>>80598203
Daredevil
Legion
X-Men: The Animated Series
>>
Legion is getting a lot of love and hate atm but I'm sure it's too early to tell, enjoying it so far anyway. Aubrey Plaza is stealing the show though and if Legion's character gets some room to breathe and show off those psychedelic powers in the way that Dr. Strange should have done if it weren't for the Marvel movie limitation of putting in loads of fistfights, legion could take no 1 for me.

I'd put Jessica Jones at 2 solely for David Tennant's purple man, although I don't hate Krysten Ritter like some people here do, she is totally overshadowed skill wise by Tennant, but that's because he's way more experienced.

3rd place, season 1 of Daredevil was good, but 2 let it down.
>>
>>80598203
>Daredevil
>Legion
>Iron Fist
>>
>>80598721
actually if we're speaking so broadly as all comics, since OP mixed up DC and Marvel it doesn't seem to matter ITT, I'd replace 3rd place with Tales of the Crypt
>>
>>80598203
>Gotham
I tried watching the third season but turned it off after that cringy fight with the monster getting hit by a truck.
>>
>>80598203
1 The Flash
2 Gotham
3 Agents of Shield
>>
>>80598721
I'm a bit worried it'll get cancelled because it's a bit out there. I always get that feeling when a series demands too much from an audience and has too little explosions. I have no clue if it gets any viewers or not.
Have you seen agent Carter? You'll probably like it.
>>
>>80598908
*from* the Crypt i think. Yeah, that was a show with the right mix of funny and creepy.
>>
File: Preacher- Vamp Talk.png (1MB, 742x615px) Image search: [Google]
Preacher- Vamp Talk.png
1MB, 742x615px
>>80598447

Of any TV show based on comic books?

If we're only talking superheroes:
1. Daredevil- 10/10 acting and action, plot sometime gets awkard but it's acceptable
2. The Flash- walks the line between modern television show and oldschool superhero comics, easily the most 'comic book' TV show currently airing
3. Legends of Tomorrow- easily the most 'fun' superhero show, makes 3rd string comic book jobber characters feel like top-tier heroes

If we're talking ANY comic:
1. The Boondocks- smartest show to ever fuck with political topics, never truly choosing sides but always staying funny
2. Walking Dead- great acting makes up for overly-slow plot, and it's helped by the comic writer being so involved
3. Daredevil

Shame Preacher was butchered. It had the potential to top both lists.
>>
>>80598327
Kek'd
>>
>>80599281
I tried the flash, saw the first episode and found it very textbook, not an inkling of originality. Like .. Heroes
>>
>>80599106
Don't underestimate the viewer base, that's the producers job.
I haven't seen Agent Carter, tl;dr me?
>>
>>80599355

The Flash gets into a groove early on, so you should give it another shot.

The only problems that persist are that the 'drama' sometimes gets hokey and the show relies on the same format of Arrow (the hero has a team that all knows his secret and conduct 'missions' from a base instead of just having the hero be a loner who patrols the city on their own).
>>
This is a troll post, but if we're talking best cape shows

1. Daredevil (season 1)
2. Legion (so far, get the feeling the show won't be able stay as good as it's been)
3. Jessica Jones (still could have been like 3 episodes shorter)

CW shows are fine but it was only the above three so far that felt like they were actually about a bigger story.
>>
>>80599209
My mistake. Anthology shows are so underrated, I reccomend Inside no 9 for black comedy if you like anthologies, total mixed bag from lovecraft feels to black mirror feels
>>
>>80598447
1. Legion
2. Daredevil
3. Season 3 Agents of SHIELD
>>
>>80599617
Agent Carter's pretty bad, especially season 2. A real basic bitch show, aimed at women.
>>
>>80598203
>2 Agent Carter
>3 Gotham
Is this bait or just retardation
>>
>>80599281
I can't stand The Flash, Supergirl, or other main DC superhero series, they feel so low quality... same with Agents of shield, like I'm watching a serialized universe.

I don't get the same feeling with Netflix stuff.
>>
>>80598447
>Gotham
>well written

Your IQ must be in the 80s
>>
>>80598721
Daredevil season 1 was top tier but it's kinda obvious they wouldn't be able to keep up that rythm throughout the rest of the series, it needed that real plot thickening we got on season 2.
>>
>>80598203

1. Gotham - mostly horrible plot; but great actors and characters

2. Preacher - good humor; has this really nice dirty feeling to it

3. Lucifer - smug lucifer is smug/ Legion - just for the visuals

Didn't watched the whole generic 'saving the day' shows.

>>80599281

How was Preacher butchered?
>>
>>80598203
Not in order
>Legion
>Preacher
>Daredevil
Special mention to CW Flash for being comic-ish and campy
>>
>>80600679
I know this is /tv/ not /co/ but you really haven't read Mike Carey's Lucifer if you'd rate the tv show 2nd
>>
>>80601396

You're right, I haven't. I just saw the trailer and it instantly reminded me of Reaper's devil, which is kinda samey. I just like these kinds of characters.

Are the comics worth it?
>>
>>80599746

Noah Hawley's fucking killing it with Legion and Fargo. I have faith he'll be able to keep it up with Legion. I just hope Aubrey Plaza sticks around, she's stealing the show right now.
>>
>>80602073
In my opinion Mike Careys lucifer is like a modern day Epic Poem, like Divine Comedy. It's an offshoot of Gaiman's lucifer in sandman, but you don't need to have read that (don't avoid it though by any means) so yeah I would strongly recommend.

Reaper's lucifer has a class and gravitas somehow turned dirty grandpa in a combo few actors aside Ray Wise could pull off, I'm not sure Tom Ellis has chops like that, you might be disappoint

The show and comic are so different it's funny. That being said the visuals in Lucifer (comic) would cost 100s of millions to adapt to tv so instead we got a sexy detective show that only really shares a title. Anyway this got ranty, definitely give lucifer a read if you have time for 75 issues
>>
>Daredevil
>Legion
>One of the other Netflix shows I guess

No idea what people see in the CW shows. Some of the most generic stuff I've ever seen and they seem so formulaic and cheaply made. Villain of the week is just a terrible format for live action, almost nothing does it well.
>>
>>80602073
>>80602797
I'll second the Lucifer comic recommendation, and Gaiman's Sandman is even better, if you're interested in that.
>>
File: image.jpg (1004KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1004KB, 2592x1936px
>>80602797
>>80603007

Okay, you sold me on a the comics. Will pick it up, next time I'm near a comic book store.

>Gaiman's Sandman is even better

Hopefully, just bought pic related today.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.