[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even for 2009 this was garbage CGI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
Even for 2009 this was garbage CGI
>>
Yeah and the animals weren't even creative, they just added an extra set of limbs.
>>
>>80587059
>>80588255
lol you fags aren't even trying, kys
>>
I had a bigger problem with the stock sound effects.
>>
File: lemur monkey.jpg (71KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
lemur monkey.jpg
71KB, 600x396px
>>80588426
Gee, I wonder what this creative alien animal is supposed to be!
>>
>>80587059
>this is what butthurt haters actually believe
>>
File: not avatar i swear.jpg (407KB, 1417x709px) Image search: [Google]
not avatar i swear.jpg
407KB, 1417x709px
>>80588426

so just like Cameron then
>>
>>80588477
>Thanator roaring like a Jurassic Park T-Rex with some Velociraptor squeals thrown in

James Cameron is a hack
>>
>>80587059
>>80588255
>>80588555
>>80588477
cry more
>>
File: avatard swallows Big MacCameron.jpg (44KB, 681x460px) Image search: [Google]
avatard swallows Big MacCameron.jpg
44KB, 681x460px
>>
>>80588555
huh, all those jungles spanning across the entire planet - it sure would be crazy if nature evolved in such a way that the animals living there would adapt to that habitat.

>>80588609
WHOA floating islands in Avatar ? How dare he steal this concept from some obscure shitty art that nobody knows? How dares he re-vitalize this concept in literally the only movie to feature it at the time of its release ?

You idiots likely saw it in imax 3d several times while munching your doritos and mt dew and drooling at it. Kys
>>
>>80588555
That looks like Kif
>>
>>80588808
>some obscure shitty art that nobody knows
yikes. this was already a 0/10 post but at that point it just becomes offensive.
>>
>>80588808
Huh, it's a fictional movie about a fictional planet - you'd think they'd put a little bit more creativity and imagination into it and show us things that we've literally never seen before. But nope; always got to fall back on earth-based organisms. Just give a horse an extra pair of legs and paint it blue - job done.
>>
>>80587059
>>80588555
As much as it aged badly. I'm still sold on its potential. Scientist vs Soldiers, Technology vs Nature, Reason vs Religion. It does have potential to be a technological juggernaut of a cinematic universe. If he pulls off a great Star Wars meets Star Trek then prepare your anus.
>>
>>80588991
i literally never saw any of those animals before, so you are wrong.
>>
>>80589044
>Technology vs Nature

Fern Gully did it better, and wasn't so preachy about it's environmentalist agenda.
>>
>>80589126
Who cares? If someone has to end the whole shared universe shebang, Cameron is the guy. He has an ego as big as the cinematic universe he is creating.
>>
>>80588609
what's this from?
>>
>>80589086
You've never seen lemurs, wolves, horses, deer, or geckos before?

Those flying creatures are just Jurassic Park velociraptors with wings.

The Hammerheads are literally rhinos with hammerhead shark heads.

The Thanators are big panthers with leaves stuck on it's head.

There's is literally NOTHING new or creative about this movie, and you're just defending this movie to the point of being delusional now.
>>
>>80589126
>Fern Gully
>not preachy
you gotta be fucking kidding me
>>
>>80589303
Roger Dean, most famous for doing album art for Yes and Asia. He even tried to sue Cameron for stealing his ideas.
>>
>>80589384
I didn't say it wasn't preachy, I said it wasn't as preachy as Avatar.
>>
File: Pepe.jpg (29KB, 436x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.jpg
29KB, 436x400px
>>80588664
>tfw no That kid
Why live?
>>
>>80588808
>obscure shitty art that nobody knows
0/10 you tried
>>
>>80588664
>James Cameron will never teach you how to give good head while you watch all his films together
>>
>Jimmy Cameron created Titanic for the sole purpose of getting a production company to pay for him to dive in a submersible to view the Titanic wreckage
>Jimmy Cameron created Avatar for the sole purpose of getting a production company to pay for him to visit an alien planet and have intercourse with its females

how does he keep getting away with it?

>Alien$
>>
>>80587059
No it wasn't.
>>
>>80588991
>Huh, it's a fictional movie about a fictional planet - you'd think they'd put a little bit more creativity and imagination into it
I know you're trolling, but there are entire languages as well as books full of flora and fauna that were invented for this world.
>>
>>80589126
>Fern Gully did it better, and wasn't so preachy about it's environmentalist agenda.
The imdb commenters actually migrated to here??
>>
>>80591402
Who gives a rat's ass? What matters is what's in the movie, and what's in the movie is uncreative bullshit.
>>
>>80591471
What is creative to you? (no one ever answers this)
>>
>>80591497
I've answered it in this very thread. The creature designs are completely uninspired and lazy. I'm just thankful James Cameron wasn't the one to design the Xenomorph because of how shit it would most likely have looked. Probably would've made it look like an ant or something.
>>
>>80587059
>so how do you want this alien creature thing?
>hmm, take a rhino and slap a hammerhead shark's head onto it instead of a horn
>brilliant!
>>
>>80589454
so he thinks he invented the concept of flying islands?
>>
>>80591600
The creatures were supposed to be parallel to Earth's animals, you giant retard. Also Cameron designed the Alien queen, and was personally responsible for Predator's mandibles.
>>
>>80588609
>>80589454
>did the YES album art
Different anon here. I thought so. It's unmistakable. Now, I want to listen to Heart of the Sunrise.
>>
>>80589126
>and wasn't so preachy about it's environmentalist agenda.

They literally fight a pollution monster born out of oil and diesel fumes who sings about how flowers and trees suck ass and that he wants to destroy everything. Avatar was ham-handed as fuck, but you can't get more preachy than Ferngully.
>>
>>80591714
>The creatures were supposed to be parallel to Earth's animals

What?

>Also Cameron designed the Alien queen

Based off the original Xenomorph designs. He just made the head bigger and gave it a few extra arms.

>personally responsible for Predator's mandibles

He suggested the idea, but it was still Stan Winston who designed and created it in the end.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.