[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on this kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: mirror.jpg (230KB, 1280x886px) Image search: [Google]
mirror.jpg
230KB, 1280x886px
thoughts on this kino?
>>
>>80577677
Hello, newfag.

If you want to discuss a film meaningfully on /tv/, please refrain from the use of the meme-word "kino". It makes you look like an idiot, and encourages shitposting.

Ok? Thanks!
>>
>>80577677
After seeing Stalker I didn't think that a movie could top it, and then I watched this
>>80577718
this is true as well
>>
File: tarkovsky_polaroids_08-550x550.jpg (57KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
tarkovsky_polaroids_08-550x550.jpg
57KB, 550x550px
/p/ kino
>>
>>80577677
One of the best films ever made.
>>
File: 1454462305224.png (704KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1454462305224.png
704KB, 720x1280px
>>80577718
>discuss a film meaningfully on /tv/
>>
>>80577756
If you don't think it's possible, or if you've never been a part of it, then you are the problem
>>
>same actress plays his mother and wife
What did Tarkovsky mean by this?
>>
From tarkovsky i have seen
>the mirror
>stalker
>andrei rublev
>ivan's childhood

and none of them has had any sort of impact on me, i just wish i could see what everyone else is seeing.
>>
>>80577775
you've got to admit it a pretty fuckin rare occurance tho
>>
>>80577797
he meant that he's a patrician
>>
>>80577797
Mommy issues
>>
>>80577797
MOMMY MOMMY BABY WANTS TO FUCK
>>
>>80577818
not really. it happens every single day here

all it takes is for two people to not be retarded

there's already 9 ips in this thread and I'll say that maybe 5 of them aren't retarded
>>
>>80577730
I liked Stalker much more. I found the visuals far more interesting, and the fact there was actually a solid plot made the film much more engaging and emotionally impactful, as did its themes of hope, happiness, accepting your lot, etc. whereas the Mirror is about a single individual's experiences, and is done in such an abstract fashion that you can't really find any grounding to care, besides the relatable experiences of childhood nostalgia that the film does perfectly. In Stalker the elements of surrealism and mysticism are really hard hitting, like the end with monkey, in Mirror they just make you think "What the fuck is going on now?" every time they occur.
>>
Ok.

I'm basically /reddit/ and haven't watched any Tarkovsky movies yet.

Is there any good place to start? From what I understand alot of Tarvosky movies don't follow a traditional narrative, is there a good starting point to get into it? Cheers.
>>
>>80577929
>the Mirror is about a single individual's experiences
>you can't really find any grounding to care
this first statement invalidates the second for me. Maybe it's because I respected him as an artist before seeing the film, seeing him share his life and childhood memories while tying them into a theme of national identity was really impactful to me.

I do kind of prefer Stalker, admittedly, but cinematically I can't think of anything that touches The Mirror. Maybe Tree of Life.
>>
>>80577718
>If you want to discuss a film meaningfully on /tv/

Bane?
>>
>>80577992
I want to say don't bother

we don't need more idiots rushing into difficult films, hating them, and making threads about it

this is already a weekly occurrence with 2001 and The Godfather (which aren't even difficult btw).

I'd say get used to traditional films that are extremely well made. David Fincher, Wes Anderson, Martin Scorsese, etc. Then once you appreciate good cinema for reasons other than plot, then you can branch out to less plot driven material
>>
>>80577992
Start with Stalker.
>>
>>80577992
Stop trying to fit in.
>>
>>80577718
faggot
>>
>>80577992
ivans childhood
>>80577929
>in Mirror they just make you think "What the fuck is going on now?
to you maybe, but then again you are a plotfag
the mirror is miles better, the way it shifts time, every memory that is portrayed, everything is amazing
it trascended film as a medium, leaving aside narrative and letting visuals make the mood
its an experience, of course its extremely personal to the filmmaker but it really had an impact on me, and helped shape my canonically ideal aesthetic for films and art
>>
Anyone else feel like the movie is almost more of a study on his mother than it is himself?
The film is supposedly a collection of memories and thoughts from a dying man, so what was the deal with the long scene at the printing house, and that woman's criticism of his mother? Was it just what he imagined or dreamed his mother's job was like?
>>
>>80578115
>dude there is no way that a person could actually be interested in widely appreciated and applauded films on a television and film board lmao
>>
>>80577992
start with killing yourself
>>
>>80577992
Haven't watched the myself and thinking to start with Stalker or Solaris. Or maybe just start with his first film and watch the rest.
>>
>>80578200
If you haven't watched Tarkovsky's entire filmography and admit to being /reddit/ you can get the fuck out. You are not welcome here, you are most certainly trying to fit in.
>>
>>80578277
that wasn't me, I was just defending him

he's a retard who maybe doesn't want to be a retard. hes probably a kid. calm the fuck down.
>>
>>80578277
How do you ascend from /reddit/ without viewing Kino? We all started somewhere, with the films of Lucas, Spielberg, Bay, Boll, or Schumacher.
>>
>>80578074
He wasn't alone
>>
File: 1488103589029.jpg (512KB, 1283x722px) Image search: [Google]
1488103589029.jpg
512KB, 1283x722px
It's a movie with zero substance but Western plebs claim to have enjoyed it to appear smart for liking an "exotic" foreign movie.
>>
>>80578331
First of all you stop using the word Kino.
>>
>>80577677
The scene where her co-worker tells her how shit she is was my favorite part.
>>
>>80578383
Why does it need to have substance to be good?
>>
>>80578383
>RLM reaction pic
Didn't read lol
>>
>>80578331
ive actually never seen a uwe boll film, never seen star wars or any other lucas film

ive seen falling down and films from spielberg tho
>>
>>80578383
>It's a movie with zero substance
It is absolutely 100% the most substantive thing Tarkovsky made.
>>
File: satantango.png (120KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
satantango.png
120KB, 640x384px
superior to anything soviet meme man ever did
>>
File: satantango.jpg (235KB, 1121x1600px) Image search: [Google]
satantango.jpg
235KB, 1121x1600px
>>80578585
OMG LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE AND HUMANITY IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! EVERYTHING IS BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS, FREEDOM IS A TERRIFYING THING TO STUPID PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS A COLD AND UNFORGIVING PLACE! LET ME DEMONSTRATE THIS BY HOLDING THE CAMERA ON THE DESOLATE BARREN WASTELAND AND THE PATHETIC MONGRELS WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS FOR MINUTES AND MINUTES AT A TIME AS THE AUDIENCE SHIFTS UNCOMFORTABLY UNDER THEIR GAZE! HA HA HA HA! I AM SUCH A GENIUS! THANK GOD I WASN'T PURGED BY STALIN OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SHARE THIS MASTERFUL VISION WITH THE WORLD! YES, YES, LOOK AT HOW SHE TORTURES THE CAT! IT IS A METAPHOR FOR THE CORRUPTION OF POWER! YES! POWER... CORRUPTION... HUMANITY SUCKS! NOW GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO FUND MY NEXT NIHILISTIC MASTERPIECE!
>>
>>80577677
What movie?
>>
>>80578669
The Mirror by Tarkovsky ya dingus
>>
>>80578669
L'ascension Du Chevalier Noir
>>
>>80578602

>t.iPad-using sheltered American faggot
>>
>>80578814
>t. Hungarian dirt farmer who was sold into slavery by a charismatic hunky revolutionary
>>
>>80578585
>what if we made an average sad dramaflick, but made every scene ten times longer?
>woah, sold
>>
>>80578669

The Mirror
>>
>>80579184
Most of the dialogue in Mirror and Nostalghia is very personal. Havent' seen the rest of his stuff yet.
>>
What was Tarkovsky's deal with dogs?
And horses?
And rain?
And his dad's poetry?
And grass?
>>
>>80579302
Its beautiful or some other fag shit like that. Me? I'm a Tarantino guy.
>>
>>80579302
He liked milk
>>
>>80579302
they're supposed to jog the noggin
>>
File: 1402962791652.jpg (170KB, 1472x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1402962791652.jpg
170KB, 1472x1130px
>>80582461
Actually, the opposite is true.

I think Tarkovsky utilized an aesthetic that can be compared to the poetic movement of Imagism. He certainly disliked the semiotic conceptual approach to visual theory, focusing more on the surface itself - a sentiment shared by his idol Bresson. Only the pictures that were captured and projected were the primary means of expression, without any "deeper" meaning attached to them, and they were rendered with painstakingly minimalist techniques. Thus all that remained on screen, be it the shot of the throbbing temple of the soldier-instructor in The Mirror or the mysterious and exhausting pool crossing in Nostalghia, was the image - pure, poetic and transcendentally powerful.
>>
>>80582493
a horse is a horse but a horse in the right context is powerful
>>
>>80582493
I know I was meming for a bump

he never, ever wants his images yo be perceived as puzzles. They are all about their immediate feeling and intuitive understanding, as well as their effect visually

especially when it comes to water/rain
>>
>>80582493
Bane?
>>
>>80577817
You have to be at least 25.
>>
>>80584240
ok, i suspected something like that. See you in a few years
>>
>>80578197
In one of his books, I believe his diary, he mentions that one of the original ideas for what eventually became Mirror was to secretly record a conversation with his mother to get sincere and real honest answers from her about various things.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.