[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darth Vader vs Rebels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9

https://youtu.be/WioRxS-uuTs
>>
>>80575071
Not really liking that shot of the TIE fighters approaching the Rebel ship.
In my mind, the Star destroyer would've rammed the Rebel ship, and that Darth Vader would've changed ships from there.
The thought that TIE fighters could approach a huge Rebel ship such as this one, albeit impaired, seems really silly to me.
>>
>not just having the protagonists escape the planet and be the ones that get slaughtered in the hallway
Dumb ass Disney.
>ooh let's make vader seem really bad ass and scary, so let's have him slaughter a bunch of faceless cattle no one gives a fuck about instead of killing off the main characters just when we thought they were safe
Missed opportunity desu senpai.
>>
>>80575132
>The thought that TIE fighters could approach a huge Rebel ship such as this one, albeit impaired, seems really silly to me.

Why?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (58KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
58KB, 356x200px
>>80575071
So. Much. Yas.
>>
Looks like a fan video to be quite honest
>>
>>80575211
Shouldn't they have guns that would be there to repel them? What's the point of having a ship otherwise?
>>
Why didn't they just email the plans out? Are we to believe they have hyperspace drives but not wireless communication?
>>
>>80575257
they were out of ammo obviously
>>
>>80575181
WE NEED THE OBVIOUS DRAMA
>>
Seeing rebel scum get slaughtered makes me hard.
>>
>>80575287
I agree, do they explain this in the movie?
>>
>>80575181

man this, would have almost made the movie good if they'd done this
>>
>>80575406
Would've added to the shock value of the scene.

>Vader doesn't give a shit about your main character protection, he will cut you down.
>>
>>80575287
They didn't want the CIA to get them obviously.
>>
>>80575071
>doing all that fancy shit instead of forcing the guy with that card thing
>>
>Episode 4
>Darth Vader only comes aboard the Rebel ship once it's been captured
>Doesn't fight anyone because he's the fucking boss, not a grunt soldier
>Only ever uses his lightsaber to fight another Jedi in honorable 1v1 battle

True masterpiece

>Rogue One that sets place months before Episode 4
>Darth Vader makes quips
>Fights Rebels like it's his first day on the job as a Jedi Grrunt
>Watches the Rebel ship escape and casually accepts it
>The 350lb whale behind me munches on his popcorn ejaculating over the whole scene

Fucking awful
>>
>>80575181

>not just having the protagonists escape the planet and be the ones that get slaughtered in the hallway

this was the original scene, disney cut it as they deemed it too dark
>>
>>80575590
Disney "cut it" as in they actually filmed it?
>>
>>80575564
Vader always did quips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwio208q3jY

Stop pretending your pleb sci fi movie wasn't anything but.
>>
>>80575342
>>80575287
The empire could have intercept the transmission and then empire would know the weak point in advance
>>
>>80575608
that I do not know
>>
>>80575288
Hmmm, don't they shoot lasers?
>>
>>80575676
l>asers are created out of thin air
>>
seeing this scene clearly I still can't tell what Vader does with the blaster shot at him. Does he force push it back to the guy that shot it? or absorb the shot and toss it back?
>>
>>80575661
I thought they discovered the weak point after stealing the plans? I guess I should watch Rogue One.
>>
>>80575698
His gloves have some mandalorian tech built in to deflect direct shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHH6YVHGh90
>>
>>80575698
I think he deflects it using the force, so I suppose your first assumption. Think of it like a quick burst of force 'energy' that he releases at the same time the blast would presumably touch his gloved hand, thereby deflecting it entirely.
>>
In other words, it's a scene where Darth Vader as well as the audience proceed to jerk themselves off.
>>
>>80575734
>>80575744
Kek. Or that.

My theory was clearly BTFO.
>>
>>80575734
>>80575744
thanks, its just not clear that the guy actually fires at him (at least that I can see). you just see the return.
>>
The Darth Vader scene was my least favourite part of it. Unnecessary bullshit fanservice that added nothing to the plot.
>>
>>80575894
>deflects lasers with force
>pulls all their guns away with force
>forces a guy on the ceiling
>but doesn't think to force pull the guy with the card
Awful.
>>
>>80575718
In a new hope they say they discoverd the weak point after geting the plans but in Rogue One they show that Erso made weak point in purpouse and that the plans they stole contained the weak point.
>>
>>80575894
tips felucia
>>
File: 1462012676309.jpg (27KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1462012676309.jpg
27KB, 268x268px
>Kill ALL your engineers right after they finish the Death Star because one faggot built a fatal flaw into it
>No engineers left to fatal flaw
Just logic my shit up.
>>
>>80576027
>Vader knows that guy has a card that contains the death Star plans despite not seeing the part where they put the plans onto the card
>>
>>80576027
What the actual fuck, are they starting to contradict the most established canon (the old trilogy) now? I get that they would remove Kyle Katarn and all that but retconning shit to the original trilogy is retarded.
>>
>>80575071

I actually expected much more from all the retards talking on this board but the scene was really nice to watch nevertheless

now that I think about it though, how the fuck is the last part possible?

>vader and troopers walking normally
>while in space
>no shield to provide regular gravity

what the fuck? this is awful. In Clone Wars, at least people were sucked into space once the airlocks were opened..... so this movie has even worse physics than a cartoon?

>inb4 excuses

they could have just let vader watch the ship through a window
>>
>>80576027
Erso made the reactor a weak point in Rogue One.
In A New Hope they discover there's an exhaust port that leads right to the reactor/weak point.
>>
>>80576144
What do you mean, you mean like when Vader walks from one ship to the other? I think they blow up the door after the 2 ships are attached to each other.
>>
>>80575564

I know what you mean but just because the OT had vader use his saber less often doesn't mean he didn't use it regularly.

does make sense because he has always been somewhat of a grunt for palpatine

>>80575590

how the fuck was that too dark? instead, they butchered like 10 other people. instead, they had one guy blow up in a fucking ship. instead, they had a killer commando kill other protags

disney is just retarded at this point, seriously. at least ONE character could have survived and gotten killed but no, too dark
>>
>>80575181
I actually like that they had no possible escape but gave their lives for the greater good despite that, and being aware of the impending doom seems darker than them escaping and getting killed in 10 seconds by vader
>>
>>80576206

I mean 1:33 where he randomly walks into the "hangar" after the ship of the rebels detaches. either I am missing out on something huge or this is really stupid
>>
>>80576165
The entire thing with Erso was kind of retarded. I get that they can't let Erso be a massive Imperialfag because Disney needs to make this family friendly. But if I wanted to capture Erso who is apparently so important with a high success rate I'd send in Vader and have him get a hold of him and his children and wife so they couldn't kill themselves or something equally dumb.

Let's have some logic here: if he loses his wife clearly there is almost zero bargaining power to be had and probably a reduced work rate on the project. Clearly Erso's intellect is above his peers, so then how do they propose to control him completely and also cross validate his design if he thoroughly hates the Empire's guts?

What about having the Imperial soldiers dress up as the Republic and kill his wife to make him hate them thoroughly enough to get rid of them?
>>
>>80575564
I agree with you although Darth Vader sort of made a quip in Episode 5 when he said something about the meal in Cloud City iirc.
The rest is correct, this movies portrayal of Vader is obscene fanservice.

>>80576318
Oh sorry, yes that scene looks really weird. I assume his ship has some shield or at least gravity working but it really looks too much like they are just out there in the open space. They could have shown some energy wall thing or something, I guess it's meant to be transparent/invisible but it looks dumb.
>>
File: 1423777617366.png (638KB, 753x737px) Image search: [Google]
1423777617366.png
638KB, 753x737px
>post yfw Darth FUCKING Vader got out his big red lightsaber

Anyone else LOVE Star Wars?
>>
>>80576475
I cringed hard for that terrible pandering
kys mah man
>>
>>80576293
>accepting and embracing their deaths is darker than celebrating their victory only to get hacked to pieces by vader
Autism general? Disney did it this way because they didn't have any balls and wanted the film to be kid friendly.
>>
>>80576366
I don't see what difference sending in Vader over Krennic would do. If anything that just sounds more confrontational. I also don't see why they would send Vader when Krennic is the guy working on the death star.
>What about having the Imperial soldiers dress up as the Republic and kill his wife to make him hate them thoroughly enough to get rid of them?
This doesn't make a lick of sense
>>
>>80575181
little kids would see the scene and say "wtf i hate vader now" and their parents would stop buying Vader pajamas and backpacks
>>
>>80576475
The Darth Vader scene was aimed at those who have a photo of a storm trooper as mobile phone background and wear shirts that say "keep calm and join the empire"
>>
>>80575564
>>Darth Vader only comes aboard the Rebel ship once it's been captured

That wasn't even the same ship you fucking momo
>>
File: annoyed pepe.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed pepe.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>stands at the edge of the ship
>doesn't get sucked out into space
explain this, roguefags
>>
What was so special about this? We've already seen Anakin butcher droids and people by the hundreds in the prequels, and they're the same person, so what's new here?

>>80576635
He uses the force to move his body, the suit is too heavy to use without the force he couldn't even move a leg. It's easy to assume he can use the force to not get sucked into space.
>>
>>80576695
What about the stormtroopers? Check mate.
>>
>>80576318
iirc most major ships in star wars have artificial gravity onboard so people can just walk around even without airlocks and stay on just fine

as for breathing i dont know
>>
>>80575608
They did actually film it, along with the shots of Jyn and the R1 team running across Scarif's beach with the Death Star plans.
>>
>>80576424

>I assume his ship has some shield or at least gravity working but it really looks too much like they are just out there in the open space

I thought so too at first but usually, if I am not mistaken (there's gotta be someone here who knows this exactly), in the past, the shields could always be seen pretty clearly. also, the way the fog/gas behaves, it looks like it is clearly open space, so your theory of the shield being invisible doesn't really hold up I think

anybody care to expand? maybe they are supposed to be in the atmosphere of the planet so there is gravity? fuck if I know

>>80576505

pandering to fans is never bad unless it's totally useless. having vader in that scene was kinda weird but it wasn't outright bad. cut the fans some slack, I'm happy for the ones that were able to enjoy it
>>
>>80576695
roguefags will defend this
>>
>>80576534
His wife literally tried to kill Krennic, almost killed him and got herself shot. Krennic starts off non confrontational (well as non confrontational as you can get with a team of armed guards) and it snowballed into the most confrontational encounter possible. If Darth was skulking about in the background he could have at least ensured that Erso was captured with minimal shit hitting the fan and he appeared in scenes to handle things so many times I'm convinced he was stalking Krennic.

If he was vital. If he wasn't vital then I'd send Krennic.
>>
>>80576293
>I actually like that they had no possible escape but gave their lives for the greater good despite that, and being aware of the impending doom seems darker than them escaping and getting killed in 10 seconds by vader

This.

It actually is more useful to the story, while Vader killing them would just be fan service.
>>
>>80576715
It's checkmate. I'm not great at english grammar yet.
>>
>>80576715
Perhaps he was creating a gravitational field around them too.
>>
>>80575071
HAHA LE EPIC SCENE THANK YOU DISNEY FUCK LUCAS FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>>
>>80576530
Darth vader killing them might hurt darth vaders image to kids, darth vader is the most profitable part of star wars.
>>
>>80576718

>iirc most major ships in star wars have artificial gravity onboard so people can just walk around even without airlocks and stay on just fine

you have any example? I am watching the last season of clone wars right now and I can't remember that ever happening that way. sure, they have artifical gravity but whenever the characters are in open space, they float. In season 5 there was a scene where anakin and two clones are outside in space at a hangar and they have jetpacks and masks

>as for breathing i dont know

I suppose vaders and the troopers' masks have oxygen packs. they are always able to get through poisonous gas so...
>>
>>80576757
>If Darth was skulking about in the background he could have at least ensured that Erso was captured with minimal shit hitting the fan
Oh ok. Krennic and Vader getting Galen makes sense.
>>
>>80576858
/pol/ - literally triggered by everything
>>
>>80576757
Consider the timeframe of these events, for one Vader was still chilling on his lava planet hating Obi-Wan and Anakin/himself, two he thought the Empire was semi competent so why would he run an errand to get some engineer like a bitch?
>>
>>80576561
I'll agree those guys sound cringy but is there anything wrong with rooting for the empire?
>>
>>80575071
Rogue one was boring as fuck

This one scene redeemed the whole movie though
>>
God I forgot how retarded this scene is
>10 guys just stand there while only one tries to open the door.
>Vader doesn't simply force grab the plans first.
>Doesn't force grab the guy running with the plans.
>Tarkin fires the Death Star at the Imperial Base and not the Rebel fleet.
>Vader has a single Star Destroyer to fight the entire fleet.
>HOPE!
>>
>>80576943
>is there anything wrong with rooting for the empire?

Have you seen the prequels? There's plenty wrong with old Palpi.
>>
>>80576505
>>80576561
Pretty sure he's mocking those people, retards.
>>
>>80576977
>>Vader doesn't simply force grab the plans first.
>>Doesn't force grab the guy running with the plans.

Maybe he didn't know about them being in the guy's hand? Why would he?
>>
SUCH AN EPIC SCENE UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE
>>
>>80577010
Who said I didn't know he was? I was just commenting on the scene. Dumbass
>>
File: vader.png (735KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
vader.png
735KB, 1366x768px
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>80575071
Should've had him kill some actual characters instead of literally who rebels.
>>
>>80577024
He chases down the blockade runner specifically to capture the plans.
He was only onboard to get said plans.
>>
>>80577114
The scene was a reshoot ordered by execs. Originally Vader only had a cameo and the main crew still died on Scarif.
>>
What the name of this video game?
>>
>>80575652
nothing vader has said before is taken as a joke in the universe. here he is literally making a pun and its awful
>>
Really stupid scene.
>>
>>80577114
Imagine the same scene but on Scariff.
All the main cast is trying to beam the plans away.
Vader is cutting them to ribbons barely slowing Vader down.
Jyn finally sends the plans and gets a lightsaber through the chest.
>>
>>80575071
>evil villain appears and start slaughtering people
>audience cheers
>"Oh yes, this is so fucking cool" -every fellow Redditor and numale geek in the kinodrome
Darth Vader has long lost any meaning. Just another stock cartoon villain like Dracula or Frankenstein's monster (or Frankenstein the monster according to every normie).
>>
>>80577339
Stop pretending the OT had any depth. It's as shallow as any other Star Wars tripe out there. The only reason Star Wars is remembered is the eye candy. That's what this scene was.
>>
I'd give anything to get Lucas back
>>
File: 1468429908718.jpg (74KB, 564x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468429908718.jpg
74KB, 564x450px
>>80576635

pressure had already been lost on that deck, there was no atmosphere to "blow" out
>>
>>80575181
This is true - they had all the main cast die but had vader kill no names lol
>>
File: tippingintensifies.gif (595KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
tippingintensifies.gif
595KB, 460x600px
>>80577406
SO SOPHISTICATED!!!
>>
>>80577406

I really don't get why people are talking about the OT and depth when it was actually the prequels that had actual depth to them

I loved how Lucas had massive world building going on in episode 1-3. yeah, a lot of stuff was over-the-top and cheesy but I enjoyed the movies exactly for that. the OT always seemed like a flat and straightforward approach to the saga while the prequels were more political and mystical
>>
File: 1489595395821.jpg (6KB, 150x144px) Image search: [Google]
1489595395821.jpg
6KB, 150x144px
>>80576561
>>80576943
>>80577010
>mfw my background is of a knight of ren cropped out of the concept art
>>
The scene was dumb fanservice, but was still the best part of that shit movie. I saw it the Sunday after it came out and the theatre was empty except for two people behind us, and they actually left after about 30 minutes of the shitty jump-cuts and trash dialogue, so I thought the movie would bomb. Now Disney will keep pumping out this spinoff shit
>>
>>80577800
I'm personally okay with people having TFA stuff. It's the OT stormtroopers and vader shit that shows what a pleb normie someone is.
>>
>>80577611
Shut up George
>>
>>80576542
>implying kids wouldn't want vader merch even more after seeing how much of a badass he is killing the main character just like that
>>
>>80575071
how'd he manage to upload this
if I try to it says it's blocked worldwide by the kikes at disney
>>
That was so badasss....
>>
>>80575181
>>80575590
>let's make a dark star wars movie
>but not THAT dark
>>
DUDE VADER TURNED ON HIS RED LIGHTSABER AND I CLAPPED

I CHEERED FOR THE VILLAIN IN THIS DARK AND GRITTY SERIOUS STAR WARS MOVIE
>>
why are all the rebels white?
>>
>>80575071
I know it's a fucking cash-in but this makes me so hard
>>
>>80577111
SHE WAS ALIVE I FELT IT
>>
>>80575257
If you remember a new hope, Princess coke says that they're on a diplomatic mission it wouldn't be diplomatic nor good cover if they started shooting holes at the approaching empire ships
>>
>>80580752
Its Disney after all. You can't make Darth Vader a white man kill colored rebels in current year.

Only based George Lucas could achieve such thing by making him kill a village of sand niggers.
>>
>>80575287

That's literally what they did.
>>
>>80580536

Did you watch Half in the bag too? So epic dude.
>>
>>80575071
It looked 20x better in theater.
>>
>>80581109
>>80581109
i litereally read you're coment :)
>>
Are there HD scenes of the space battle yet?
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.