[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>To bend the spoon, you have to realize there is no spoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: matrix.jpg (23KB, 618x311px) Image search: [Google]
matrix.jpg
23KB, 618x311px
>To bend the spoon, you have to realize there is no spoon
>>
well there isnt, it's just code. He is also code, so as such he can influence other code because physics is also just code
>>
>>80575091
what if you're code
>>
Fuck the world I bend tha spoon with my mind
>>
>>80575148

then I'm Windows 10
>>
File: wachowskis-800.jpg (208KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wachowskis-800.jpg
208KB, 800x600px
>To bend the gender, you have to realize that there is no gender
>>
If there is no spoon then how is he bending that very spoon? Checkmate philosospergs.
>>
>>80575091
But he isn't code, he's a real bean
>>
File: Annoyed-Middle-Age-Business.jpg (122KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed-Middle-Age-Business.jpg
122KB, 866x1300px
>>80575512
I understood Larry/Lana transition because because there was hints to that for a long time, but But I couldn't understand the Andy/Lilly transition because it seemed to come out of nowhere, as if they did LSD, or as if it was the result of a bad acid trip, or maybe even brought on by sibling rivalry competing for attention.

I respect their work, but both of them changing has been difficult to understand or accept.
They don't owe us anything, so they're free to do whatever they want. But I honestly don't get it, or how both of them could want to do the transitions.
>>
>>80575850
They both understood that they were talentless hacks who couldn't write for shit on their own and their only movies that put them on the map are nothing but fading memes at this point.
>>
>>80576256
I disagree with your opinions.
>>
>>80576256
Not to mention the matrix was a ripoff of classic 80s anime and cyberpunk philosophy. All their original ideas are in fact, pretty garbage. That's why the sequels were such shit. The execs were like, shit that was pretty good, make more. And they were like deer in headlights saying "shit, now we have to be original"
>>
>>80576594
Yeah, it was pretty funny when I watched the Animatrix which was written by them. It really stood out how shit they are. The only redeeming qualities of those animation pieces are the actual work put into animating them and making them look distinguishing. And all of that was made by people who aren't hacks but were somehow coerced to work with the Hackchowskis.
>>
>>80576594
>matrix was a ripoff

So anything made in the style of a specific genera is a ripoff?
The sequels suffered due to content being spread into the video games at the time.

>>80576735
Most of the Animatrix was created by other artists with only the Wachowskis' consent, advisory, and final approval.
>>
File: MINDBLOWN.gif (1MB, 560x328px) Image search: [Google]
MINDBLOWN.gif
1MB, 560x328px
>Oracle: Don't worry about that vase
>Neo: what vase...? *smash*
>Neo: How did you...?
>Oracle: Oh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?
>>
>>80575850
>both of them could want to do the transitions

It's not a choice Anon.

>t. knower
>>
>>80575710
Because the Matrix isn't real and the kid was showing him that with the spoon which began his path to realizing he was the One. Also, the Oracle purposely made him wait in that room on purpose to meet the kid.
>>
>>80577665
Yes it is you shit
>>
>tfw Trinity would not have fallen in love with Neo if the Oracle hadn't told her she would fall in love with the One. And Neo wouldn't have fallen in love with Trinity if the Oracle hadn't dropped the hint. ("I can see why she likes you", and "Not too bright though".)
>tfw Neo wouldn't have chosen the left door in the second movie if he had not been in love with Trinity.
>tfw The Smith virus wouldn't have grown as fast as it did if Smith did not meet Neo at the park for the fight. Smith very clearly fed off of every second of that fight. The time and place of that meeting was chosen by the Oracle - Smith literally appeared at the exact moment Seraph and the Oracle disappeared behind the door.

Why was the Oracle so OP
>>
File: 1485721595617.jpg (152KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1485721595617.jpg
152KB, 1920x816px
>>80577665
>>
>>80577637
really bakes your noodle
>>
>>80577806
All of that could be said to be half true. The Oracle could be accused of manipulating the cause, and affect of situations, but she couldn't have completely forced them to do something by mere suggestions. She made them aware of what was there, and it was up to them to accept it or not.

"know thyself"
>>
>>80575850
There were no transitions. one can't transition to a different gender.
>>
>>80578009
A machine who believes in faith? BAH
>>
>>80574944
>if you bend the spoon, it wins
>>
>>80577806
The Oracle told Trinity that Neo was "the one" but not in the senseof him being the saviour. He was simply just the one for her. Her true love, so to speak.

Yes, The Oracle is deeply manipulative. She was programmed to be. And, as a creator program (along with the architect) she can alter the matrix at will.

Which is also why Smith called her mom. She truly was the mother of everything.

I'd even hazard it was her idea to have "The One" as a concept for escaped humans to tally behind. The Architect even says so at one point.
>>
>>80575091
fuck you i aint a code
>>
File: Baneposting will never die.jpg (306KB, 640x1459px) Image search: [Google]
Baneposting will never die.jpg
306KB, 640x1459px
I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time in /tv/. It came to me when I tried to classify your memes and I realized that you're not normal shitposters. Every shitposter on this board instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding "flavor of the month" meme, but you baneposters do not.
You move to a meme and you banepost it and banepost it until every meme is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another new meme.
There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Baneposters are a disease, a cancer of this board. You're a plague and we are the cure.
>>
>>80578646
sounds like you've got bane fever
>>
>>80575512
What's the story here?
>>
Why did they change the oracle's actress for the third film?
>>
>>80578285
There's different views you could take, and it all could be true in a way. The entire battle for the Matrix, or how the humans are treated could be said to be solely the conflict between the Oracle, and the Architect.

That is part of the complexity of The Matrix, you can apply of all of these alternative beliefs. Some fans have suggested that the cookie the Oracle gave Neo was a specific code that caused him to become the one. Could it be true? Possibly.
Again, that's what is interesting. Different alternative views just as likely. Each person had to accept each their own part in it for it to all work.
>>
>>80575091
Depends if he can bypass the compressor
>>
File: spoon-boy.jpg (367KB, 1436x601px) Image search: [Google]
spoon-boy.jpg
367KB, 1436x601px
Do not try and bend the gender, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no gender. Then you will see it is not the gender that bends, it is only yourself.
>>
>>80578733
The directors are trannies.
>>
>>80574944
I still have no clue what's that supposed to mean.
>>
>>80578868
Too bad bending spoons couldn't help him with his cancer huh
>>
>>80577806

You dont fall in love with someone because someone tells you so.

Retard
>>
>>80578853
oh fuck you that isnt gonna be a meme
>>
Can someone remind me what the whole point in the matrix was if three were ebil robots attacking.
>>
If The Matrix trilogy one of the most underrated trilogies of all time?

I've never understood why people pretend the 2nd and 3rd films don't exist.
>>
>>80578929
You can be manipulated into falling in love with something though.
>>
>>80579667
its because they can't handle the exposition dump from the architect and write it off as pretentious

the action and tone is the same for all 3 films
>>
>>80579683
Certainly. Even still it remains the individual person's choice.
>>
>>80579667
No it's one of the most overrated pieces of shit of all time. """""""Philosophy""""""" that only 13 year olds find edgy and original, and laughably bad metaphors.
>>
>Neo is a metaphorical Jesus
>Choi, the guy getting the disc from Neo in the beginning, says to Neo, "Hallelujah. You're my savior, man. My own personal Jesus Christ."
>Cypher says to Neo in M1, "Did he tell you why he did it, why you're here? Jesus. What a mind job. So you're here to save the world."
>Morpheus represents John the Baptist.
>The crew of the Nebuchadnezzar represents the Disciples (Cypher would be Judas).
>The Oracle's prophecies predict Neo's coming as well as his death/resurrection (she said Neo has the gift but is waiting for "Your next life maybe. Who knows.").
>When Neo comes back to life (resurrection), he has greater power just as Jesus was given all authority in Heaven and on Earth.
>Neo flies into the sky after talking in the phone booth (ascension).
>People gather around Neo in M2 to ask that he watch over their sons and daughters, just as crowds gathered around Jesus for healing.
>The Merovingian represents Satan. He and his exiles likely "fought" with other machines about the Oracle's solution of choice, and the he and his exiles lost and was banished from Machine City
>Today's Zionists believe Israel is still God's chosen nation just as those living in Zion are chosen to be freed from the Matrix. Zionists (Jews) reject the Architect's (God's) plan (all Matrix humans saved by the One) in favor of Zion (Hell - doomed to annihilation every 100 years).

Really bakes your noodle
>>
>>80579667
Can you give me an exact number of people who pretend the sequels didn't happen? Not liking parts of something doesn't diminish liking other parts. You're proposing false generalized assumptions, and asking people to accept those false premises and then respond to based on those false premises being correct.
Why is water so dry? Faulty base premise.
>>
>>80574944
What spoon?

Ayyyy
>>
>>80579962
And your other spoon
>>
>>80579957
I would argue that the majority opinion of the trilogy is that the first is the best, 2nd is okay and 3rd is terrible. While, also, the majority opinion is to forget that the two sequels do not "exist" because they are not as good as the first.
>>
File: matrix_revisited.png (166KB, 740x819px) Image search: [Google]
matrix_revisited.png
166KB, 740x819px
>>80579957
>>
>>80580101
I would agree with the first part of your opinion. I didn't like the sequels as much because of the change in pacing, and I didn't like Trinity dying, but part of a three part theme of birth-adult conflict, and finally death.

That doesn't mean I pretend it didn't happen. Even still there were lots of parts in the sequels I did like. It was all still well made, and it was all quite consistent in story, and look.
It wasn't bad, I just didn't like the way the story went, because the story theme is much like life. No one likes the idea of dying, but you have to accept it.
>>
>>80580317
I wasn't implying that you, specifically, pretend the sequels do not exist, but there is a large amount of people that do and parrot that idea, which is what my initial post was pertaining to.

After finding this website a few years ago, I had a lot more appreciation and understanding of the trilogy. It's lead me to believe that people that do not like the sequels most likely didn't understand them even though they weren't that deep.
http://www.matrixresolutions.com/
>>
>>80574944
>whacks him with spoon
>lol faggot
>>
I wonder how'll manage the spoon scene in the black Matrix remake.
>>
>>80580584
>NAH BALD NIGGA i ain't stickin dat sppon up my ass!
>>
>>80580484
That's fine. I saw these movies in the theater, and have all it on multiple DVDs. I remember waiting what felt like so long to see the sequels, and to finally see the third, and it felt so depressing.
Neo is fighting (very tiresomely) on and on, and that is intentional. I felt uneasy about the ending, it really bothered me, but I understood why it all happened. Why the pacing was different, it all makes sense, and it is quite complicated if you really think a lot about it.

Although for those that haven't given it much thought, and only see it as an action flick those people probably won't appreciate it as much. Like everything, its all on you as to how deep into the rabbit hole you want to go.
>>
File: 1365867552542.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1365867552542.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>80575512
>>
>>80579667

agreed

>Matrix 1 satisfies the fascination we have with a unique and effective science fiction premise. It presents one of the most original science fiction premises ever conceived, and this premise is milked for its maximum value since it takes about a third of the movie to figure out what the Matrix is.
>M2 gave us the best fighting scenes possible (Brawl with Smiths, and karate with exiles on the staircase), one of the best freeway chase scenes in cinema, with plenty of drama (love between Trinity and Neo, Persephone's role, and the love between Link and Zee) and philosophy (purpose and control).
>M3 satisfies the craving to connect emotionally to all three movies. Not only does Neo overcome impossible odds, he also sacrifices himself for humans and for machines. Trinity supports Neo in his fight, Zee supports Link in his fight, Morpheus and Niobe save and support each other, and the Kid comes through in his battle as a hero.
>>
The Matrix sequels get a lot of undeserved hate. Nothing could of lived up to the original, it became a cultural phenomenon. The series had closure and all of the movies were entertaining.

Also they are much more effective watching in the cinema. All three of them are in my top 10 cinema experiences.
>>
uri geller that shit
>>
if you tried to bend a spoon in real life, explain yourself
>>
Smith did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1466374830978.jpg (133KB, 1153x945px) Image search: [Google]
1466374830978.jpg
133KB, 1153x945px
>>80575512
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.