/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this movie so overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Inception-movie-poster-4.jpg (3MB, 2400x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Inception-movie-poster-4.jpg
3MB, 2400x3500px
why is this movie so overrated?
>>
>>80573115
But its not. Barely anyone discusses this film. Apart from the shitty memes, Inception had 0 cultural impact
>>
File: Full_Metal_Jacket_poster.jpg (99KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
Full_Metal_Jacket_poster.jpg
99KB, 300x454px
Sorry, wrong pic.
>>
File: joseph-gordon-levitt.png (207KB, 323x636px) Image search: [Google]
joseph-gordon-levitt.png
207KB, 323x636px
>>80573115
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
File: 1405359723222.png (9KB, 638x225px) Image search: [Google]
1405359723222.png
9KB, 638x225px
>>80573115
Everybody liked it
>>
>>80573151
>Inception had 0 cultural impact
that horn sound is pretty iconic
>>
IMO, the emotional pull of the film is what really blew people away. The emotions it evokes from the viewer is palpable, even to me. I won't deny it.

But I always wondered why it didn't have more of a lasting impact on me and the only reason I can come up with is that it's inherently shallow as a whole. The only reason I can come up with is the viewer is straight spoon fed exposition and not allowed to fill in parts of the story with their own thoughts and feelings. It's a straight forward story that doesn't leave you with questions or answers that can pertain to your own life.

I feel like I didn't answer your question. Guess it's just my thoughts on it.
>>
*underrated
>>
>>80573391
>the emotional pull of the film is what really blew people away. The emotions it evokes from the viewer is palpable, even to me. I won't deny it.
That's how I felt about Titanic. It's so visceral despite some glaring flaws.
>>
File: IMG_0175.jpg (24KB, 583x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0175.jpg
24KB, 583x328px
>Marketed as smart movie for smart moviegoers while still forcefeeding the audience exposition nearly every scene
>Made by Nolan, the biggest overrated hack in the industry loved by numale redditors who think TDR was one of the best movies ever
>Reddit and people who want to seem to have "intellectual" tastes love it
Who would have thought?
>>
>>80573621
I think it's intellectually dishonest to write him off purely as a hack.

Has he made his contribution to cinema? Yes. In a very big way.

Has he been revolutionary?
Absolutely not. I'll look back on his films with rose-tinted fondness from my experience in the moment but you're not gonna see future filmmakers influenced by him in a revolutionary way as Leone and Kurosawa have done.
>>
>>80573842
This. This is reddit.
>>
>>80573842
And with that said, I think the way Nolan is received really speaks to the move from film as an art form to a commodity.
>>
>>80573881
How so?
>>
>>80573621
Chads love Nolan shit too. Fuck I remember the whole football team in my HS jerking off at the DKR announcement.

>"fucking BANE, FUCKING BANE BROOOO"
>"you guys even know who Bane is?"
>*crickets*
>>
>>80574131
>>"fucking BANE, FUCKING BANE BROOOO"
>>"you guys even know who Bane is?"
>>*crickets*
*yikes*
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.