[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Film and Best T.V. Show of All Time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: The Wire.jpg (120KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
The Wire.jpg
120KB, 736x552px
My opinion in films: Either Apocalypse Now, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, Aguirre: Wrath of God, Days of Heaven, Once Upon a Time in the West, M, Walkabout, The Mirror, There Will be Blood or Bicycle Thieves.

My fact in tv shows: The Wire. I've watched all the great shows, Twin Peaks, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, The Sopranos and nothing compares to The Wire.
>>
Bump. This is the most important question you will ever answer.
>>
File: BasedNultyAndBodie.png (403KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
BasedNultyAndBodie.png
403KB, 500x376px
>>80570054
The Wire truly is the epitome of television unparalleled by other shows.

For film, I'd pick well known classics such as Kurosawa's Seven Samurai or Tarkvosky's Stalker, I'd even throw Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut here along with Milestone's All Quiet On The Western Front.
>>
>>80570365
Seven Samurai and All Quiet on the Western Front are both masterpieces. Eyes Wide Shut is also really underrated in my opinion.

I haven't watched Stalker, but it's going to be next on my list. Good list anon.
>>
>>80570565
Y-yours too.
>>
>>80570054
TV in no particular order: Twin Peaks, Rome, Deadwood, the Sopranos, the Wire, Pillars of the Earth, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
>>
File: IMG_1271.jpg (43KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1271.jpg
43KB, 500x469px
Dodgeball is the best movie.
>>
>>80570565
>eyes wide shut
>underrated.

Sopranos for me. Either the deer hunter or rules of the game for film
>>
>>80570054
this show is what white people think black people are like

you just know some 25 year old dweebs were on the writing team

"now.. have him say nigga!"
>>
File: 1489359659575james.jpg (244KB, 1520x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1489359659575james.jpg
244KB, 1520x1138px
8 1/2
Twin Peaks

this isn't up for debate sorry fellas
>>
>>80572393
These gangs really happen, you can't just ignore it. It had some of the best writing in television history, hardly dweebs.
>>
>>80572396
So you're into the weird tv, huh? Both good choices.
>>
>>80572800
nah its the same style of Hollywood "nigga" writing as Tarantino had for Rhames in Pulp Fiction.

sounds good but try hard and fake
>>
>>80572850
David Simon wanted it to be as realistic as possible, the show makes it clear that the white people in power positions were as bad as killers such as Marlo.

Some of the best and most empathetic characters such as Bubbles and Omar Little came from the show. They had a conscious and were nothing like black stereotypes.

As I said, these areas do exist and they are predominantly black but that is no fault of their own as the show makes clear.
>>
>>80572393
I'm sure David Simon had a whole creative team of black people who have experienced the situation. The show would lose its realism if they did not use the n word, it was popularised way before The Wire.
>>
Game of Thrones
>>
Movies
>bicycle thieves
>la strada
>godfather
>12 angry men
>No country
>good the bad and the ugly
>stalker
>in the mood for love

Tv shows
>sopranos
>wire
>deadwood
>leftovers
>six feet under
>>
>>8057321
>>12 angry men
>>good the bad and the ugly

literally pleb tier
>>
File: 1489169972057.png (532KB, 498x497px) Image search: [Google]
1489169972057.png
532KB, 498x497px
>>80572835
I've always thought that Film is an artistic medium that is very conducive to Surrealism.
People with big brains like Lynch and Fellini have made monuments in art that are likely to stand the test of time, and showcase the highest ability of creativity vision in Film.
>>
>>80573236
I was close to putting the good, the bad and the ugly there but I think once upon a time in the west is the better Western and I only wanted to put one Western. As for 12 angry men, it would be in my top 50 films.

>>80573216
Good list. Glad you included The Leftovers. Can't wait for season 3.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.