[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After watching Logan, how can people still go and watch silly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: lohan[1].jpg (270KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
lohan[1].jpg
270KB, 1000x563px
After watching Logan, how can people still go and watch silly shit like the disney marvel "cinematic" universe and still think it's good?

This film proved that superhero movies don't have to be dumb colorful suits battling aliens and instead can be a human story
>>
Before Logan I was hyped to see Spider-Man and Thor 3 and Avengers 3, but after Logan I could care less. They are inconsequential films because of censorship.
>>
I'd rather have colourful CGI shit entertain me for couple hours than old men being sad done for the billionth time
>>
You're totally right.
After I saw X-Men 10 I finally realized I had become patrician.
How can Marbel even compete when their characters don't even say fuck or get blood on them?
>>
File: Deathly_stare.gif (879KB, 540x210px) Image search: [Google]
Deathly_stare.gif
879KB, 540x210px
Yeah I liked the movie but I've been depressed since watching it. I get no enjoyment out of life anymore and I'm about ready to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>80564826
i dont think you can really compare them from a genre standpoint. logan is more of a roadmovie action western hybrid that happened to have characters with superpowers in it. the usual capeshit is much more fantasy
>>
>>80565211
Same here. It made me realize I'll never get to be a father because I'm ugly. I'll never get to meet a woman and settle down because I lost the genetic lottery. It'd be my luck that I'm infertile too.
>>
>>80564826
>muh tempest references
>muh theme of mortality and immortality
>everybody dies at the end
>>
>>80564993
>>80565136
>>
In general, comic book movies shouldn't take themselves too seriously. It worked for Logan because it was him saying farewell to a character he'd been playing for nearly two decades, so there was real honesty in the movie.
>>
>>80564826
(You)
>>
Only reason I saw this movie was because my friend who I hadn't seen in a while asked me. I went in expecting leotard shit for little kids like the other superhero movies, came out surprised that it was a genuinely good movie. It had a story to tell other than dude capes lmao.
>>
>>80564826
The way I feel about Logan is similar to how I feel about baseball.

I took very little interest in either (superheroes and baseball), and expected very little out of watching them.

First world series I actually give a shit about and watch, ends up being the best World Series of all time, and Cubs win. Now I don't feel like I'll need to watch baseball anymore, because nothing is going to top that, I saw the best game of my lifetime, and baseball in general is fucking boring.

Logan, same deal, I feel like it was, and likely will be, best super hero movie of my lifetime, and now I don't feel like I need to really watch another one (though I'll give Deadpool 2 a shot probably).
>>
>>80565833
Same here. Well put.
>>
Because the general populace want uplifting (self-inset tier), heroic action packed superhero movies that are in no way subtle (becuz thignken is hard xd) and that will leave them satiated and entertained.
>>
File: 1489083884451.jpg (606KB, 6000x7391px) Image search: [Google]
1489083884451.jpg
606KB, 6000x7391px
>>80566139
>Logan
>subtle
>>
>>80565371
set foot in a midwestern Walmart and you'd realize how many ugly couples are spawning ugly kids
>>
File: facepalm3.jpg (74KB, 480x698px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm3.jpg
74KB, 480x698px
>>80564826
Oh, well thank you retard, I mean Mr. Genius I like your idea for the future of capeshit cinema, once a good movie comes out every fucking movie has to be just like it amiright?

Thank you for getting rid of that pesky variety I hope they don't just stop at capeshit I hope all movies are just like Logan from now on.

You truly are a fucking genius and a visionary let me tell you.

Go fuck yourself you fucking idiot.
>>
>>80564826
Because being silly, dumb and colourful etc doesn't necessarily mean it's bad entertainment.
MCU movies are mostly garbage because they're all formulaic and have to hit certain marks and have crappy huge CGI final battles.
>>
>>80564826
>This film proved that superhero movies don't have to be dumb colorful suits battling aliens and instead can be a human story
No. The original X-Men movie did that.
>>
>>80564826
I have not seen Logan, but I agree with your statement.

I hope more directors, and writers should utilize the basic idea of what a superhero is and place them in a different movie
>>
>>80566333
To me their biggest problem is that they never want to commit and become as big as they can be

They're always building up to something but then when you get there it's fucking nothing

For example age of ultron, not an age where he takes over or does something monumental like the title suggest but more like a minor setback or a weekend distraction for the avengers.

They build up to something that the climax of the movies never live up to
>>
>/tv/ warned me about watching Logan in theaters
>decide to go anyway
>people were laughing non stop the entire movie even though it was never intentionally funny
>laughed when x-23 punched Logan
>laughed when Logan started to destroy the truck with the shovel
>laughed anytime Patrick Stewart swore
>people even fucking laughed during Logan's death scene because of the lil fat black kid.
I hate watching a serious movie with capeshit fans
>>
>>80564993

all those movies will probably make more money than logan and sell way more toys because ultimately these characters are for kids.

is there really an MCU character you could do a dark movie of this type with? i can't see marvel deciding to have iron man be an alcoholic who dies at the end of a movie and buried in a shallow grave.
>>
>>80566221
Yeah I guess you're right. Thanks anon.
>>
>>80566629
Another example, Civil War they never let Tony go full asshole and become the bad guy, he always needs to be Mr. Charming that everybody loves

It would have taken everybody by surprise if he basically becomes the villain of the movie and imprisons all the other Avengers and Bucky

If the movie showed how empty a victory can be when you don't give a shit what you give up to get your way

But, again, they never committed to it, they skirted around it and in the end they can still be friends because that's how fucking MCU movies are, they can never go all the way
>>
>>80566734
Were the comics created for kids originally. I have no clue.
>>
I can safely say that Logan is the worst and most pointless film I have ever witnessed. It is a pathetic "slasher" flick that panders to our lowest and most voyeuristic, rubberneck instincts. It attempts to seduce the weakest, sickest, and most gladiatorial part of human nature. The part that yearns to view blood and gore when we drive by a car crash.

What's worse is that Logan brutally wastes some of the most extraordinary talents in the entertainment industry. Patrick Stewart, one of the most brilliant Shakespearean actors of our time, and Hugh Jackman one of the finest film and Broadway talents ever, have been paid lavishly to compromise their talents egregiously. The real tragedy of this film is to witness these two brilliant, and gifted actors sell their souls to the Hollywood cesspool, or is it Deadpool? The same pool that once spawned some powerful, ethical, inspirational, and entertaining CGI Marvel heroes. That pool has stagnated, and it starting to get putrid.

One decapitation and impaling after another, it also drags children into the psychotic slashing mayhem. As if it's not bad enough that adults could conceivably behave in such a way, to create heroic images of demonic bloodthirsty innocents is unconscionable.

The only comfort arising from this tasteless and gratuitous dung heap of mizzled gore is that Charles and Logan are finally shanked beyond repair. No more Wolverine, or Professor Charles Xavier. Thank God! My fear is that Marvel is simply making way for another generation of young actors to be proselytized for the sake of even more gruesome, sick, twisted and bloodthirsty voyeurism.

If I could get a refund for my ticket, and the popcorn, I would. Calling Logan a lame and insulting piece of crap would be too generous.
>>
>>80564826
Or you can just get rid of the adimantium claws along with the tacky costume and just watch real movies again.
>>
File: GetALoad.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
GetALoad.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>80566762
>>
File: 0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
>>80566762
Why do you take the time to write this much about a movie you don't like?
>>
>>80565211
i hope you end up like logan and find someone worth dying for :'c
>>
>>80567081
Thanks a lot; I really do appreciate it. I hope so too ;_;
>>
>>80564826
It was definitely a bar-raising movie. The last time we had something like that was with The Dark Knight, and the quality of capeshit definitely improved after that movie was released... here's hoping the same thing happens this time around.
>>
File: 250px-Civil_War_II[1].jpg (36KB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Civil_War_II[1].jpg
36KB, 250x380px
>>80566734
>i can't see marvel deciding to have iron man be an alcoholic who dies at the end of a movie
HOO BOY
>>
>>80564826
Really was pure kino
>>
>going to In-n-Out for some good-ass burgers
>they don't sell me burgers but some expensive shit when I really wanted burgers
Sometimes man just wants cheap burgers. Same goes to capemovies. Sometimes I just want good action with quips
>>
>ywn have a famous daughter who's into photography
>>
>>80565088
Man I wish I was a simpleton like you. Life would be easier.
>>
>>80568187
just turn off your brain
>>
THE GRITTINESS OF THIS FILM VALIDATES ME AS AN ADULT FOR LIKING A CHILDREN'S SUPERHERO SERIES
>>
>>80564993
>I could care less
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Do characters that knowingly endanger a black family by staying for dinner and then overnight make a kino movie?
>>
>>80564993
Not memeing, but I felt the same. I go to about 2-3 movies in a theater a year, and to see an r-rating with superheroes was a huge breath of fresh air. It made me realize how toothless marvel movies are, and I love those movies.
>>
>>80566654
It's called black comedy. I know, we're all spoon fed sadness in the form of one-note string build-ups and falling tears, but you can laugh at a sad moment, dude. I did. Logan beating the truck was legitimately funny, but was still sad. I understood why he was doing it. I laughed a shit load at my mom's funeral. Everyone knows that it's sad, but you laugh to help ease the pain.

Grow up, childlet.
>>
File: x-23.png (739KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
x-23.png
739KB, 900x1200px
>>80566629
>age of ultron

You just reminded me of the opening from that movie, which was extremely fucking weak. The Avengers assemble, beat a bunch of mooks nobody cares about, and stop that one guy who was in that one after-credits scene. None of it was engaging at all, with all the CGI explosions and superpowers.

In the opening of Logan, what happens? He wakes up to find cholos trying to strip his limo, is shot, gets back up, pops his claws and fucks them up. And that action scene was way more entertaining than the "CGI fuckathon" (as Logan's script would put it) that took place in Avengers 2.
>>
Logan was garbage. "Old, tired superhero coming back for one last hurrah" only works when your hero has that last hurrah. No-one did in this movie. Seeing Charles throw spaz fits and needing help with pissing was honestly just humiliating to watch. His death scene was a poor and the way he died was a total waste. I kept waiting for Wolvie to snap out of the grumpy old man meme and do the hero thing, but it never happened. It's a movie that destroys two characters in order to be gritty and realistic with no actual pay-off.

The actress who played X-23 was the highlight of the film. I expect nothing from child actors but holy shit if she doesn't go on to have a decent acting career there's no justice in the world.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.