[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kubo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 29406173_max.jpg (623KB, 1080x1600px) Image search: [Google]
29406173_max.jpg
623KB, 1080x1600px
Just watched this. I cannot believe this got beat out by Zootopia at the Oscars. Probably one of the greatest animated films I've seen in a long time, at least out of the west. Haven't heard much good about its box office performance either. What gives?

I also thought it was extremely cool how the credits had that part where they showed the skeleton thing being set up behind the scenes. Love stuff like that. Like the part at the start of JCSS.
>>
I had really low expectations, but I really liked it.
>>
>>80561452

Zootopia was a sleeper that blew up. Kubo is good but didn't have much draw to it.
>>
>>80561544
Hell, I went in with high expectations because I've heard nothing but praise and I STILL loved it.
>>
I actually liked some of the studio's previous films better...they had more of a hand-crafted feel.

As to why it got beat out, I guess the marketing just wasn't as powerful. It's hard to beat powerhouses like Jizzney in that regard.
>>
I really enjoyed this movie, and I thought it was good.

But it wasn't better than Zootopia. Both films are flawed, but I Kubo is more flawed.
>>
>>80561640
>Both films are flawed, but I Kubo is more flawed.
Wow, it's a post that manages to be even more vague and meaningless than Under the Skin.
>>
File: no audio Kubo.webm (3MB, 1060x440px) Image search: [Google]
no audio Kubo.webm
3MB, 1060x440px
>>
File: no audio Kubo2.webm (2MB, 1060x440px) Image search: [Google]
no audio Kubo2.webm
2MB, 1060x440px
>>
>>80561452
Jesus, what? It wasn't that good. 6/10 at best.
>>
>>80562900
It's an obvious cult classic.

The individual scenes are glorious, it's the complete movie that has tonal issues.
>>
this felt like watching a dubbed anime, every line is delivered with such fake affectation. content-wise it's so fucking trite too. stylish animation that they mostly forget about except for a few setpieces really isn't enough for a good movie
>>
>>80562966
>it's the complete movie that has tonal issues.

Precisely.
>>
>>80562966
>it's the complete movie that has tonal issues.
What? It was obviously chiefly comedic with the occasional action scene, like a Disney film.
>>
>>80563003
I didn't have any problem with the voice acting. Rooney Mara in particular did a great job.
>>
STILL MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS
>>
ending was kinda weird

so he finds out they were his parents and then they die?
>>
>>80564105
I think they wanted to take us by surprise.
Sure surprised me.
>>
>>80562900
I don't know man, I feel that people who say Kubo's plot was, as you've said, "fucking terrible" can only have not seen the movie. That's being generous, because if you watched it and thought the plot was "fucking terrible" you are a vacuum of a consumer and it doesn't fucking matter what you watched, you have no critical input to anything. You could have watched anything.

It's depressing as fuck to think that a movie as considered and as emotionally honest as Kubo gets sniped with that kind of shitty criticism. But obviously the movie didn't have an impact on you, so hey, who cares. It was just a bad plot, amirite?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.