[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Young Kino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this is the best show of 2017?
>>
>>80548314
It's unironically the best season of all time
>>
>2017
>>
>>80548314
The only contender in the entire history of television is Twin Peaks, and even then, only the "good parts" of Twin Peaks. The Young Pope doesn't really have any "bad parts," at least not yet.

Judged as a self-contained miniseries, which I think it was originally meant to be, it stands right up there with the best films ever made. Sorrentino really takes the medium of television to its full potential
>>
>>80548569
While I thought it was really fucking great, it suffers from the same problem as the most series - big, fast paced start, slow build-up and resolution that feels rushed.
Sorrentino could've either tighten things up by doing 1-2 episodes less or stretch out the last two for more episodes
>>
>>80550334
I dunno man, I thought those last episodes were pretty much perfect. The second half of the series is the part that really made it special to me.

The series does kinda speed up time and broaden its scope towards the end, but it still didn't feel "rushed" to me. The storylines with Sister Antonia and Archbishop Kurtwell pack a lot of drama into a few short scenes, but I think they get their point across, they didn't really need more screen-time for either of them.
>>
>>80548314
>not of this century
>>
>>80550530
I don't have problems with each part or episode individually, but with an uneven pacing, when towards the end each episode jumps further and further in time and in the end figuratively hits the brakes
>>
>>80548314
>>80548325
Yes and yes
>>
>>80548569
I'd argue that the highs of Twin Peaks are higher than The Young Pope though.
However Twin Peaks has James and Nadine...
>>
>Built up Kurtwell as the big bad
>only appeared in the second last episodes and already getting bullied by Gary Sue pope in the next episode
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>80553113
>he thinks there was a big bad
Voiello's arc haven't taught you anything?
>>
>Sister Antonia literally got killed by a prayer
>pope literally prayed a dead woman back to life
>Viellio became an irrelevant joke towards the end
>Sister Mary got sent to Africa
>never explained where the sheep guy went
>never explained what became of the rollerskating kids
>>
>>80548314
Absolutely awful. One of the worst shows I've ever seen and I'm not just saying that to bait.
>>
>>80553186
Yeah it taught me the plot lines all go nowhere
>>
>>80548314

Agreed, although the shitty acting of Diane Keaton (particularly the first few episodes) was unnerving, the rest of the cast was magnificent though.

Second season release date ?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.