[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: grimey.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
grimey.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>ive never worked with a retard
>>
>>80545707

You've seriously never worked or went to school with an incompetent retard who gets everything handed to them despite no one pointing out how constantly flawed they are?
>>
>>80545707
>being the only guy to react appropriately to Homers preposterous life and (un)deserved luck in general.
>>
literally (us)
>>
>>80545993
>appropriately
Sperging out is never appropriate. So what that Homer is Forrest Gump? Don't be a dick.
>>
hank azaria to just use his normal voice for this cunt
>>
>>80546030
There's always some fucking faggot bitching about a person being a dick.

"OH NO, HITLER IS BAD, BUT BOO HOO DON'T BE A DICK AND GO OVER THERE AND BOMB HIS CITY, RAPE THE WOMEN AND KILL ALL THE MALES"
>>
>>80545707

Grimes = Millenials

Homer = Baby Boomers
>>
>>80546030
Exactly. He's a bitter miserable cunt who resents the success of others. Homer is an idiot but he's a good guy who cares about others, as opposed to grimey who was intelligent and hard working but an unlikeable dick. To me that's the real lesson of the episode
>>
>>80546180

>You can afford to live in such a big house from a single income and you're having lobster for dinner?!!!

seems accurate
>>
>>80546152
German women were made for Slavic cock.
>>
>>80546199
it's like that speech Don made to Pete Campbell. Although Don never really went out of his way to be especially likeable either.
>>
He tried too hard. A very tragic character.
>>
>>80546236
>Keep it up, and even if you do get my job you'll never run this place . You'll die in that corner office, a mid-level executive with a little bit of hair who women go home with out of pity. Want to know why? Because no one will like you.
>>
>>80546229
Amen
>>
>>80546199
He probably didn't become bitter and resentful until he met people like Homer. Totally understandable he became like that desu, any intelligent hard working person probably would eventually get resentful in springfield.
>>
>>80546843
I get what you're saying but maybe if grimes would have worked on his shit personality instead of fuming over homer's success he could have improved his life
>>
>>80546199
>Homer is an idiot but he's a good guy who cares about others, as opposed to grimey who was intelligent and hard working but an unlikeable dick. To me that's the real lesson of the episode

I feel like the writers sort of miss that latter point in the episode, and it's apparent in the way they increasingly write Homer the way Grimes sees him: a selfish buffoon who doesn't have any shame for his actions. Even in episode the final joke is how oblivious or uncaring the town is to Homer's repeated destructive actions.
>>
>tfw my funeral
>someone says 'change the channel!'
>everyone laughs
>>
>>80545707
>What the fuck was his problem?

He represents what the average working man feels. Pays into the system, never takes anything out. Then there's people like Homer, they luck into everything, never have to work hard but still get amazing opportunities and so on and son.
>>
>>80545707
Probably misses his old glasses.
>>
>>80545731
>I'm incapable of self control
>>
>>80550225
Frank seems more like the guy who works hard, but never relaxes or interacts with anyone at work. If he just loosened up instead of working hard to suck up to his boss, or fly in autistic rage at Homer for having an interesting life, he would've been awake.
>>
>>80545707
He was a subtle parody of Michael Douglas's character in Falling Down
>>
>>80546152
What is this incoherent strawman?
>>
File: 19238279387984.jpg (47KB, 552x399px) Image search: [Google]
19238279387984.jpg
47KB, 552x399px
>Grimes = DC
>Homer = Marvel

Prove me wrong
>>
>wtso doesn't work
what the fuck? where am I supposed to watch it
>>
>>80545707
The same problem at my job
>>
>>80546152
Bitching about someone being a dick (Grimey) is more justifiable than bitching about someone having a good life (Homer).
>>
>>80551459
>martin = fox?
>>
>>80545707
Homer = Trump
Grimes = Hillary

Search your feelings.
>>
File: Frank_Grimes_Jr.png (152KB, 304x351px) Image search: [Google]
Frank_Grimes_Jr.png
152KB, 304x351px
Frank Grimes Jr > Frank Grimes Sr
>>
File: 1450671086246.jpg (14KB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450671086246.jpg
14KB, 264x240px
>>80546180
>>
>>80545707
He was sold the lie of meritocracy and bought it.
>>
>>80546236

True but I think Don kind of developed his social skills so he knew how he would become likeable, his looks helped though.

You can kind of see it in that chip-n-dip scene where Pete tries to be all smooth and it falls flat because he tries to be Don but he isn't.
>>
File: 1480616607954.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1480616607954.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>80552762
>>
File: IMG_1215.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1215.gif
1MB, 480x360px
>I live in a single room above a bowling alley
>and bellow another bowling alley!

Which bowling alley do you think was more popular?
>>
>>80552663
Meh, crappy analogy.

Hillary had a ton of backing, connections, and money. She was never hard working either.

Trump is smart...ish and not a lovable oaf in the eyes of a lot of people. Definitely not the same charisma that Homer has.
>>
The writers tried to show what would happen if a normal person existed in the Simpsons universe and why it wouldn't work but they realized that he'd be more likeable than Homer so they made him a big jackass so that people couldn't relate to him, which defeats the point.
>>
>>80555132
Basically this

Hes a normal person thats gotten shit on his whole life dropped into a cartoon and it shatters his mind

Great character
>>
>>80545707
Grimes = George
Homer = Kramer
>>
>>80552632
Yes, because he is the best one but people dismiss him in favor of the same recycled shit
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.