[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>best season of tv ever made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (76KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 600x400px
>best season of tv ever made
>>
uh those don't look like stevedores to me
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 250x241px
>won't somebody think of the children!
>>
>the whiny spoiled bitch is the only one who gets a happy conclusion
>>
>>80541975
But that even isn't Season 3, brother
>>
>>80541975
To me, season 1 was great. I always thought the show lost some of it's magic after that. Season 4 was probably the most boring season of the show, which isn't even to say it's bad, this is just on comparison to the others.
And I know I'll get called a hipster contrarian faggot for this, but I actually thought season 5 was the second best season of the show. It was the closest to recapturing the magic of season 1.
>>
>>80542020
Yeah they layed that shit on a little too thick.
Frankly how they did it with Wallace was way more feels-inducing anyway.
>>
>implying the wire isn't only a couple notches above breaking bad
It's babbys second or third big boy show.
>>
One of them certainly. But nearly every Mad Men season and Sopranos are up there too. Also 'Lil Pope.
>>
>>80542065

that's why The Wire is GOAT
>>
>>80542290
>Breaking Bad
>One (1) interesting character arc

>The Wire
>Dozens of interesting character arcs and interconnections
>>
>>80542174
Well I would say 2 is by far the best, but maybe you have to grow up in that world to appreciate it. It goes 2>3>5>1>4.
It's a pretty overrated show though. Season 2 is the only one that even kind of comes close to the hype.
>>
>>80542065
Who is this spoiled bitch?
>>
niggers
>>
>Why did we make this guy Jewish? Because when I was covering the drug trade for 13 years for the Sun, most of the major drug lawyers were Jewish. Some of them are now disbarred and others are not but came pretty close. Anyone who is anyone in law enforcement in Baltimore knows the three or four guys Maury Levy is patterned on.

>If I have people from every other tribe in Baltimore portrayed negatively, everyone is maligned in some way, how can I not do that to the Jewish guy? How can I pull that punch? At that point I'm just being hypocritical. Here are good people from my own tribe who say how can you do that, and my answer is how can I not?

Is David Simon One of the Good Ones /tv/?
>>
>>80542298
>Mad Men
Every pseud's wet dream. Pretty unremarkable show. It's all style, no meat
>inb4 get berated with a bunch of regurgitated arguments about all the subtle things that made mad men great and how I was too dumb to catch them
Believe me you whippersnappers, I got it all. It's just not very good.
>>
Nobody ever agrees on which season of the wire is the best. That's why it's the GOAT.
>>
>>80542337
The wire is definitely superior to breaking bad, but that's not a high bar. It's captivating to people who don't read great literature or watch better shows, but for those who have it's not all that impressive.
There are
>>
>>80542426
Well he at least holds Jews to the same standards that other Jews hold everyone but themselves to. I think the standards are stupid in the first place though tbqh but I admire his consistency.
>>
>>80542498

I think everyone agrees it's either 2 or 4
>>
>>80542426
Not really. The guy is a big proponent of a surveillance state.
>>
>>80542593
To me it's 1>5>3>2>4
>>
File: 1468514515981.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468514515981.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>80542440
I hope you're not one of the people who think the wire is a masterpiece or one of the best shows ever created because that would be hilarious
>>
>>80542642
Yeah he also left a comment on his own blog once about how all the races are gonna have to mix to the point of being indistinguishable at some point if we want to get along.
Took me off guard. Didn't realiZe he was in that far deep. If he is right that that's what it'll take (and frankly I'm not really convinced), why mix? Why not just separate at that point and preserve world wide diversity of races? It makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>80542375
He's talking about Namond.

OP is wrong though. This is second or third best season, behind 2 and 1.
>>
Friday Night Lights S1, Southland S5, Twin Peaks S1, The Wire S2 are my favorites of all time.
>>
>>80542754
I don't, actually. Boomtown is the best show ever created, though the emotional and character depth of it is probably too subtle for people who think Mad Men is a masterpiece.
>>
>>80542365
>>80542017
From my experience reading the only people that love 2 the most either grew up as poor working class whites themselves, or are contrarians overhyping a decent season. It's good for sure, but has the worst pacing and content padding of the show. It takes until the end of episode 6 just to get the unit back together and to end the Barksdale epilogue. Then the second half is filled with Frank waxing poetic at every opportunity

The docks plot is arguably the best in show, but 2 as a whole is very uneven
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 640x1136px
That's not the third season of justified
>>
>>80542947
Seasons 2 and 3 of Justified should be considered as a single season.
>>
>>80542440
>It's all style, no meat

You have not seen it. Respond saying you have, but we both know you're lying.
>>
File: index.png (11KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
11KB, 295x171px
Pic related.

Third season.

10/10.
>>
Season 4 of The Wire is insanely overrated.
>>
What is The Leftovers Season 2 Alex
>>
>>80542922
Two is absolutely rock solid in every single way it can be considered. It reveals so much about what wasnt known in S1 and does it with top tier writing, directing. The way it builds Baltimore to a whole is great. It's so good it makes S1 even better retroactively.
>>
>>80542922
>it takes 6 episodes to get the unit back together
So? The show isn't called The Unit. It's about baltimore as a whole, and frankly the shit with the docks was so captivating and the episodes flew by so quickly that I didn't even really think about that. But yeah you're right I did grow up in that world. If you didn't it may not be as captivating and maybe you'll just be waiting for the detail to reassemble, in which case the pacing would seem off. But I don't think it is.
>>
>>80543072
This. Holy fuck Leftovers is amazing show. I binged the entire show in few days and I honestly consider it top 3 shows of all time.

The craft in the show is something else man, and simply put, the understanding of human condition the show displays is the best there has been in modern tv.
>>
>>80543009
Not him but I agree with him.
I saw the first 4 seasons but stopped watching after that. But I gave it enough of a chance.
>>
Obviously there are many candidates and the discussion would be endless but my vote goes to Rome S1.
>>
>>80542977
I don't see it that way. To me 3 is very distinct and actually really excels at making use of the momentum and rich world layed down by the first two seasons, while also bringing in a ton of new players itself to create something truly master race. The pacing was very different from either of the previous seasons, and was by far the most interesting.
>>
>>80543135

Did you see the trailer for season 3 from yesterday? It was honestly one of the best trailers I have ever seen, season 3 looks so good.
>>
>>80543083
>So? The show isn't called The Unit. It's about baltimore as a whole,
Of course, but the cop and Barksdale stuff is still a major part of the show, and in my opinion they spend hours spinning their wheels with it. The dock plot is what keeps the season afloat while the rest takes forever to set/wrap itself up.
>>
>>80543293
The arc is overlapping and the seasons interconnect heavily. I consider them a single season because it makes sense to me.
>>80543295
No I have not seen trailer for season 3. But I am excited. I loved season 1 and 2 of the show. I don't know how this show manages it, but the way it captures so many shades and sides of the human condition just blows me the fuck away. It is a really beautifully crafted show and I have seen both seasons and I can't name a fault. I can't.

I thought Leftovers would be shit because Lindelof & Lost, but oh boy looks like Lindelof evolved so goddman much.

>>80543313
>Major part.
The Wire is all about Baltimore and the way S2 adds crucial part to it (before we go back to inner city) is masterful. It completes the picture perfectly, and compliments it as such.

>rest takes forever.
oh it takes time, doesn't make it bad. the message of the show is about how time wasting this shit is anyway and how nothing they do matters because politicians and cops are shit
>>
>>80543295
It's sort of cheap I guess you could call the whole show extremely effective "cheap" drama in a way but I love the pop music as counterpoint in these new trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9w0sz5y83k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw4HouB5PGk
>>
>>80542375
Namond
>>
>>80543500
Nothing about the drama in Leftovers (S1, S2) has been cheap ime
>>
>>80543500
>Third season, final season.
This is going to be goddam amazing family.
>>
Arrested Development, Season 2
>>
>>80543742
Season 1 was by far the best. That show became a walking meme after that.
>>
>>80543954
You might be retarded my friend. Season 1 was good but it didn't catch its stride until season 2.

Season 3 and 4 are terrible though.
>>
>>80542065
That's what makes it real
>>
File: IMG_8918.jpg (327KB, 1000x1336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8918.jpg
327KB, 1000x1336px
>>80542017
>>
Slim Charles is my favorite character of the Wire.
>>
>>80544017
>season 1
>the characters are still grounded, show doesnt quite have the military grade autism levels of forced meta-humor yet
>most interesting plots, some actually funny jokes, not reddit tier humor that the show really amps up in seasons 2 and even moreso in 3

Season 1 is the best. 2 is the second best. 3 is the worst. I haven't seen 4 so that's not even in the conversation for me.
>>
>>80541975
>RE-WIRED

>That one fuck became the next Bubbles.
>Michael became literally Omar.
>Namond became ???
>McNulty is now drunk retired detective living in a ship
>Kima became the next McNulty literally.
>Davis got booted to evidence locker again for trying to solve crimes
what else?
>>
>Wire, Justified, and Leftovers talk
So refreshing from the usual Sopranos/Mad Men talk.
>>
>>80543449
>the arc is overlapping
Not really, certain aspects from 1 and 2 are brought forward sure, but not so much in a heavy story arc way but more like drawing from the characters and rich setting the show developed previously, which isn't the same thing.
>>
Season 1 was best, it got worse as they introduced more and more politics
>>
>>80544148
Why
>>
>>80544262
The plebs and pseuds aren't as active at this hour.
>>
>>80542947
>mobile-posting iOS normie
>pretending to be a robot
Why is this allowed?

>>80544219
Sydnor became McNulty at the end of the finale.
>>
>>80544311
I don't know. I love the manner the actor plays out his scenes. His complete bafflement when Stringer asks to go and murder state senator makes me laugh year after year when I rewatch it and when he just caps Cheese out of sentimentality. Just something innit.

>>80544275
Last time I rewatched it defintiely felt like they belonged together. Just felt like a complete interconnected world setting down the stage. Then came season 4 and 5, 6 which were always in someway new - 4 is a whodunnit, 5 is Boyd's season etc.
>>
>>80541975
>>80542080
>>80542174
>>80542257
>>80542301
>>80542365
>>80542498
>>80542593
>>80542677
>>80543080
>>80543050
>>80543313
>>80543563
>>80544148
>>80544219
>>80544275
>>80544290
>>80544338
>>80544408

>GOAT tier
Season 1
Season 3

>Great tier
Season 2

>Good tier
The Corner (google it, pleb)

>Shit tier
Season 4

>Shouldn't even exist tier
Season 5

How can you all get it so wrong???
>>
>>80544338
Oh I forgot Sydnor does the McNulty act so late to the season.
>>
>>80542947
/r9k/ is dead. A bunch of normie "dude dank memes and greentexts brah xD" and emo tumblrinas who want to role play like they're on our level but criticize us for the very traits that define us completely killed the board.
Wizchan is great philosophically but the culture of it is rather boring.
/toy/ in a weird way is the last safe place for our kind. It's a robot hobby that isn't entry level like /co/ /v/ or /tv/, so the normies stay out for the most part. And the board culture is alright.
>>
>>80544422

4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > > > 5
>>
>>80544422
Season 5 is the closest to recapturing the magic of season 1. It's more realistic than season 3, so don't even give me that nonsense. Cops stage crimes, hell the shield had countless plots like that and no one eve complains about that.
Get fucked with a cactus plebtard.
>>
>>80544338
mummy insists I have a phone even though I almost never leave the house. Was shitting when I made that comment, why not use it?
The phone is a good sign of a normie but isn't the end all be all. Sometimes it'll lead you wrong. Such as with me for example.
>>
>>80544544
Because The Shield never reached the heights this show did, it was poorly written cop drama with chock value added for views.
>>
>>80544456
Good, I poked my head in there last year and it freaked me out how angry you people are, just hopelessly bitter people committed to being unhappy.
>>
>>80544716
This. The Shield is a fucking mess.
>>
>>80544408
Look to me season 3 is too distinct, 1 and 2 have more in common as far as I see it (I know how that sounds but I have my reasons). We're not gonna agree on this and I have to go pick up my brother from school. I will write a long detailed post soon about why I think this way and spam it endlessly so if you look out for it you'll see it. But either way you still have patrician taste for liking justified. Later.
>>
>>80544219
Kima would become Daniels.

He raised her from a pup.

Sydnor becomes McNulty. His last scene is like McNulty in first episode talking to the judge.
>>
>>80544852
Yeah i forgot that Sydnor does the McNulty thing because it was right on the end of the season, if not even in the last episode at the fucking montage when McNulty watches over Baltimore
>>
>>80544894
>>80544852
Sydnor was hands down the weakest character. Only his stupid name makes him memorable
>>
>>80544716
I actually agree, but most people who I talk to who like the wire but dislike season 5 often cite its lack of realism, which makes me kek because these same people salivate the cock of the guys behind the shield. So I incorrectly assumed you were one of those people.
Do you defend season 3 of the wire for being realistic, out of curiosity? Where they legalized drugs for weeks on end without the higher ups ever finding out? That's way more ridiculous than mcnulty staging a crime, which actually happens all the time irl.
>>
If you want patrician cop show watch SouthLAnd.

Shit absoluteley does not get better than it.
>>
>>80545026
South land is for plebs. Boomtown master race.
>>
dat show about lawn mowing
>>
File: 1356008952229321.jpg (19KB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
1356008952229321.jpg
19KB, 300x233px
GOT 1 > Wire 2 > SFU 3

to be desu
>>
>>80544544
I hope you realize that the "drug town" part of season 3 is entirely based on an actual proposition by the mayor of Baltimore and there is basically an area like that in Copenhagen.
>>
I really liked Hannibal. Even S3.
2 >>> Second half of 3 > Second half of 1 > First half of 1 > First half of 3
>>
>>80542020
This, it was fucking garbage.

Best season of the wire was S2, because it was the only season where I actually emphasized with their plight. He was just a normal polak down on his luck and having financial issues after paying to build a new church. It wasn't like the gangbanging niggers from the rest of the show.
>>
>>80545981
So yes people have proposed that and tried it and that's fine, I wasn't arguing that. I was saying running it without approval and keeping it under wraps for so long is what is unrealistic you FUCKING RETARD! Even David Simon admits this he just doesn't care about 100% realism.
>>
>>80542642
provide a source, simon is liberal as fuck
>>
>>80548507
>liberals
>not for a big government nanny state
Holy shit m8 where have you been? Simon completely shilled for the government when that NSA shit came out, it's on record. Go to his blog from that time.
Leftist authoritarianism is still authoritarianism, even if it's of a slightly different flavor from right authoritarianism.
Only libertarians and anarchists have a claim to anti-authoritarianism.
>>
The first season of the Wire really doesn't get the respect it deserves. Great writing, well paced and pretty damn consistent through out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIxLRtkY01U
>>
>>80542440
I say this everytime I hear it put with The Sopranos in the same sentence. How can people be dumb? Or I guess they're just tryhards. It's not a bad show really(especially the early seasons) but The Sopranos is so ahead of it it's ridiculous.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.